• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Huge respect for Slovenia they are playing very well against a top 4 powerhouse. Sweden even with all the injuries should be able too dominate them, so far it's an evenly matched game wow

You know, that's how I felt about Norway. Lost to Canada 1-3 and were really close with Russia for the most part of the game, well, at least till the last couple mins :P

if I am an opponent of sweden, the game plan would be to play physical and dare the refs to make the call. Latvia and SLovenia have targeted karlsson physically and have caused multiple mistakes. King Henrik may be the equalizer, but without the other sedin and zetterberg they don't have as much firepower.

@cotsonika: Babcock pointed out back-to-backs are tough for smaller countries because of depth. Sweden pulled away on Slovenia in third. Factor tonight?

Brian Engblom also mentioned it during the broadcast, I definitely think there is some merit to that fact, especially when teams may be so shallow. Also, you have to consider the emotional drain/celebration latvia had to win that game, could go two ways nothing to lose (they tighten their D system and score when they need to) could possibly result in a close game or they are simply happy to get past the Swiss(which will have begging for mercy and being run over by Canada).

Edited by cnot19

Edlers been looking really good since he joined team sweden. Wings should get him.

IMO he has looked OK he is still prone to mistakes for what were required to give up hes not worth it. Sure if hes simply coming here without giving assets back im happy with that.

I'm not so sure about that cnot.

Russia played yesterday, and will be facing a team that's very good at clogging up the ice. Russia was forced to dump the puck in a lot vs Norway and thankfully for them they had the speed to win most of the puck races, but those races will be much more even vs Finland.

I think the key for Russia will be to jump ahead early, because if they go through the first period tied 0-0 and the fans get taken out of the game, I expect Finland to win a low scoring game with a late goal.