• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

add Z Backstrom and Sedin and the game would be different. in the end the Swedish D is a poor 2 to the Nucks blueline corps.

Everyone has injuries. This game could be different if Canada had Tavares, Giroux and Stamkos. Depth accounts for something.

Edited by darkmanx

SOCHI, Russia – Sweden’s star center Nicklas Backstrom wasn’t allowed to play in the gold medal game against Canada after testing positive for a banned substance.

An NHLPA source tells Yahoo Sports that Backstrom violated anti-doping rules after using an allergy medication. Some, like Claritin, contain pseudoephedrine, a banned substance by the IOC and the World Anti-Doping Federation

The source said he was pulled from the locker room before Sweden's pregame skate, after being announced in the starting lineup. The source indicated he was tested on Friday.

It was reported before the game that Backstrom, who plays for the Washington Capitals, would miss the gold medal match with a migraine, after he didn’t appear in the warmup.

Backstrom is Sweden’s top line center, with four assists in five games.

Too funny.

What a pathetic showing by team Sweden. They were never in it.

3 goals against in 6 games... who really was in it, even with our lame offence?

Exactly. Claritin banned? wtf lol

I take Sudafed and Actifed and drink 3 fruit smoothies a day and then chase it with cough syrup and soup. Half of what I do would make me a IIHF doper. :lol:

Sweden was missing too many high-end players to hang with Canada. Needed at least Backstrom, but really when we lost Zetterberg I felt we lost the chance to win Gold.

Good tournament by Canada, that defense is really impressive.