• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

dolighan_cartoon_feb2214.jpg

Mats Sundin, Honoured Member of both the HHoF and IIHF Hall of Fame, legendary for both his elongated amount of time trying to decide if he would retire / play and rarely giving his opinion on any topic, has recently expressed his opinion regarding the recent performance of the Russian Federation Men's Hockey Team at Sochi 2014; from TSN:

"I was almost disgusted by their performance when they played Finland," said the 43-year-old who played 18 seasons in the NHL. "I look at the Finnish team and they're missing key players. They don't have any of their big stars and now [Rask] is hurt and that Russian team is stacked with great players and to come out and have that performance they had in the quarterfinals. It was an absolutely heartless performance.

"It was very disappointing and I don't think it's very good for hockey either to have them out of their home tournament. You wonder when you have Putin in the stands on home ice and you can't get heart out of these guys? What's going to bring it out? I don't know," he said.

Guest RyaN_84

usa vs finland bronze medal game now.
i HOPE finland wins but
i think USA will come out on top in this one.

Edited by RyaN_84

HOLY s***! Quick is absolutely phenomenal!

Paciorretty's follow through earns him a 2 minute break.

Quick stops Selanne on the ensuing PP.

Finland only has 2 credited SOG! Pure BS and they had 4 on the last drive. Not sure who's doing the stats on this one.

US having the usual problem of being unable to clear the zone. SSDD.

Guest RyaN_84

LOL i am watching the BBC feed (because it is the most up to date with time)
and the analyst said "Look at Kane , he looks like Mr. Roboto out there"
:lol::lol::lol:

edit : penalty shot?!?!

what?!?!
someone explain to me how that is a penalty shot...

Edited by RyaN_84

US is toying with Finland, possession-wise. Thing is, the Finns are ok with that. As they've shown, they're opportunistic. Rask can stop harmless shots all day.

Take away top 4 players from usa and Finns would be toying with yanks