Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1600 replies to this topic

#181 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:27 AM

Henrik Zetterberg not on for Sweden practice, missed team picture. Usually means ailing back, will update when know more. #Sochi2014

Captain not in the team picture??? 

#182 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Russia take it serious in the 3rd

#183 Matus

Matus

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm following forum for some time as I'm rooting for Tatar and Jurco - and Detroit of course :)

I'm from Slovakia and thought I'd give my 5 cents about the game,

I think the first period we were a decent side to USA, and it all looked so good when Tatar scored early in second,

but then mayham begun, too early it was 3:1, and our guys completely lost concentration, unfortunately, we are a small country

with much smaller number of players, and because of injuries (VIsnovsky, Granak mainly) we nominated defenders that normally

we would never consider for this kind of tournament. Jurcina and co. were -4 (Chara can't play all the time)

and he was there everytime you guys scored. Also you've got such a big momentum that almost every shot was a goal.. Before Budaj

could make a save, he already allowed two goals to go in.. anyway! It's good to get this kind of shower early , and recover for the rest of the tournament, hopefully it will be a lesson for the whole team and we'll show you that indeed there's more potential to our players than this 

#184 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

USA wins 7-1... Pavelski manages a -1 rating.

Go sharks go! :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#185 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 581 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Captain not in the team picture??? 

Stephen Whyno @SWhyno 

Sweden will make an announcement regarding Henrik Zetterberg at 7 p.m. Injured captain missed practice today.

#186 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

Looks like Tatar is the only Slovak player that can keep his head high after that. +1 and scored their only goal. 

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 

Sweden will make an announcement regarding Henrik Zetterberg at 7 p.m. Injured captain missed practice today.

Ugh.. if he's gone, that's pretty much it for Sweden. 

#187 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm following forum for some time as I'm rooting for Tatar and Jurco - and Detroit of course :)

I'm from Slovakia and thought I'd give my 5 cents about the game,

I think the first period we were a decent side to USA, and it all looked so good when Tatar scored early in second,

but then mayham begun, too early it was 3:1, and our guys completely lost concentration, unfortunately, we are a small country

with much smaller number of players, and because of injuries (VIsnovsky, Granak mainly) we nominated defenders that normally

we would never consider for this kind of tournament. Jurcina and co. were -4 (Chara can't play all the time)

and he was there everytime you guys scored. Also you've got such a big momentum that almost every shot was a goal.. Before Budaj

could make a save, he already allowed two goals to go in.. anyway! It's good to get this kind of shower early , and recover for the rest of the tournament, hopefully it will be a lesson for the whole team and we'll show you that indeed there's more potential to our players than this 

Welcome newbie!

Sorry that Slovakia didn't bring their A-game, but I'm sure they will be much better next time. 

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno 

Wow. This is not good news. 

#188 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Okay, it's 7 PM and Tomas Ros (@Rosenrasande) reports that it's the same old same old--Zetterberg's back needed treatment.

Sweden doctor said Henrik Zetterberg injury is herniated disk (same as with #RedWings), is day-to-day, may play Friday v Swiss. #Sochi2014

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#189 Ekmanc

Ekmanc

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

If Z is injured I think my tv might have to take an unexpected flight through my living room window...

Both as a wings fan and a Swede that is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen.

#190 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

If Z is injured I think my tv might have to take an unexpected flight through my living room window...

Both as a wings fan and a Swede that is probably the absolute worst thing that could happen.

Sounds like it's the same thing he's been going through for the past couple of weeks. Skipping practices, getting treatments, hoping to be able to play the game. Good thing is he could easily sit out against Switzerland and/or Latvia without hurting the team too much. But if he can't play in the elimination round our chances at a medal are reduced by like 90%. 

#191 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hope he just bails out (I'm Canadian sorry swedes) and rests for Wings! Datsyuk too (sorry Russians).

#192 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

this doesn't sound good for Z. Back problems are bad enough, but when your job involves the amount of twisting and bending that a hockey players

does it is just enhancing the problem. The suggestion of complete rest for 6-8 weeks will send shock waves thru Sweden and Wings nation, but that is what he may need to prevent the problem flaring up again. With Pav looking less than 80% out there today for Russia it isnt looking good. There is a very strong scenario that the Redwings could be without their top 2 players after the Olympics for some time. Not something we want to see I'm sure as we try and get one of those 2 wild card spots. I hope they both recover and im sure Sweden could rest Z for the next game anyway.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#193 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:21 AM

Well the injuries surely shake things up for Sweden n Russia. At this point i believe the medals will be:

G: USA
S: Sweden
B: Canada
4th: Russia
5th: Finland

GO TEAM USA!

#194 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Well the injuries surely shake things up for Sweden n Russia. At this point i believe the medals will be:

G: USA
S: Sweden
B: Canada
4th: Russia
5th: Finland

GO TEAM USA!

HAHAHA Bronze for Canada with no reasoning behind that? HAHAHA

I'm not rooting for Canada, but you can't dismiss them like that. 

BTW gametime in 10 minutes. 

#195 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

HAHAHA Bronze for Canada with no reasoning behind that? HAHAHA

I'm not rooting for Canada, but you can't dismiss them like that. 

BTW gametime in 10 minutes. 

I feel their goaltending will let them down. Especially in a tournament this short. Im not dismissing them though. How is medaling dismissing them? If sweden loses Z then id say Canada for Silver, but i believe this is USA's year for gold. A nearly perfect team.

Edited by RedWang, 13 February 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#196 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,134 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

W2G tatar beast. anyone got any videos of our wings scoring

#197 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:18 PM

Tolefssen is throwing some nasty hits against team Canada.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#198 Valas19

Valas19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

A Babcock coached team having trouble scoring.  Sounds oddly familiar....

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

#199 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Just saw the last few minutes. Did Canada play that bad ?

Edit :Apparently they did. :P

Down Goes Brown ‏@DownGoesBrown 

Canada's looked OK so far but if I'm Mike Babcock, for the second period I'd probably have the players take their skate guards off.

Edited by derblaueClaus, 13 February 2014 - 12:49 PM.

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#200 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

People are definitely not happy.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid