• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

Interesting goal, being there is no call. The reason the goal was wide open and the goalie couldn't get over is because one of the Canadian players stepped into the blue and prevented him from moving. In the NHL we see that called as interference 9 times out of 10.

What game are you watching? Only the toe of his skate entered the crease and he was being shoved in there by the Latvian defenceman. He still managed to get back out before the puck went in and at no point did he even come close to touching Latvia's goalie.

The goalie just lost the puck and slid the wrong way leaving Sharp most of the net to shoot at.

Beautiful goal by Latvia to tie it though, defenceman have to be careful letting guys get behind them, there's lots of room out there for stretch passes.

What game are you watching? Only the toe of his skate entered the crease and he was being shoved in there by the Latvian defenceman. He still managed to get back out before the puck went in and at no point did he even come close to touching Latvia's goalie.

The goalie just lost the puck and slid the wrong way leaving Sharp most of the net to shoot at.

Beautiful goal by Latvia to tie it though, defenceman have to be careful letting guys get behind them, there's lots of room out there for stretch passes.

Don't feed the troll...

I can't even watch this game, and every website I visit to get real time updates is either terrible (ESPN), incomplete (TSN), or timing out (everyone else). This is absolutely killing me. It's like they didn't have four years to prepare for these games or something.

Edited by kipwinger

I can't even watch this game, and every website I visit to get real time updates is either terrible (ESPN), incomplete (TSN), or timing out (everyone else). This is absolutely killing me. It's like they didn't have four years to prepare for these games or something.

Try at IIHF.com

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/hockey/winter/14621/

Working fine for me with only the occasional brief buffer.

Disco Dan and Laviolette are probably laughing at Czech's coach for constantly sending Červenka-Plekanec-Jagr to match the Backes line up :lol:

Parise 4:1 another short side goal blew by Pavelec

The Czech coach has been incompetent every game I've watched. It's like all he does is stand there behind the bench and watch the players go.

"One player on this roster nobody can reproach was the captain. Playing with a suspected injured knee, Pavel Datsyuk was easily the best player on his squad in this tournament, tying for the team scoring lead with six points (2-4) and a force on every shift. His linemates, KHL stars Ilya Kovalchuk and Alexander Radulov, also had strong tournaments."

"Most notably on this night, Datsyuk stood there and answered endless questions about his team's failure, in both Russian and English, polite and patient throughout in his Wednesday postgame presser -- unlike some of his young star teammates that bolted through the interview area as if they were late for a flight (Kovalchuk and Radulov among them)."

"Inside I feel absolutely empty," Datsyuk said through an interpreter.

"Disappointed we lost with home advantage and we can't score today. Hard to win if you're not scoring."

Both on and off the ice, Datsyuk made Russia proud, and that shouldn't be forgotten in the rubble of this collapse.

And leave it to another classy veteran to put it in perspective. Finnish legend Selanne openly felt bad for the host team's nightmare end.

"I feel sorry for Ovi and the rest of the Russians, because they had a dream to win the gold medal here in front of the home crowd," said Selanne, who scored the game-winner in the opening period.

"But in hockey you never know. That's why it's so exciting because you never know what's going to happen. Tonight was a good example of that."

LINK