• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

Official 2014 Olympic Hockey Thread (Admin warning #316)

Rate this topic

I have a hard time believing this. If true, he's a complete ****** basically. I don't know the guy, so that's not the reason I have a hard time believing it. If he truly asked for a trade after not being named to the team, is he the guy (with that type of character), that you would pick to be an injury replacement?

There is some sense to it as well though....Yzerman just stepped down as Executive Director, could this be one the reasons? There's probably enough stress that goes along with the role anyway.....time to step away and go out on top, let another guy come in and deal with the stress (although, if NHLers aren't going next time....no stress to deal with).

On MSL being terrible all tournament, he barely played in any of the games, he was scratched for a few, played maybe a couple shifts in the semi-final and in the gold medal game, he played more than he played in any other game and was decent.

Yes. Seems a bit far fetched.

Yzerman isn't picking the team next Olympics then?

Even if he did ask for a trade it doesn't mean that MSL is the *sshole here. The guy's been a freak of nature the last couple years and by any account should have made the team. If he wanted to play, and the coaches wanted him, and Yzerman didn't pick him, I'd say that's reason enough to be pissed. Especially since the only thing the guy hasn't done in his career is win a gold medal.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I don't know. And neither does anyone else. What I do know is that Martin St. Louis has been a class act his entire career. I doubt that changed all of a sudden. He (clearly) played his way onto Team Canada, I'd be pissed too if I weren't selected.

On MSL being terrible all tournament, he barely played in any of the games, he was scratched for a few, played maybe a couple shifts in the semi-final and in the gold medal game, he played more than he played in any other game and was decent.

I'm fairly certain he didn't play a shift in the semi-final. They were talking about it during the gold medal game.

All I gotta say is: If you ain't first, you're last.

All I gotta say is: If you ain't first, you're last

I recognize the quote, but don't understand the relevance to St.Louis.

Count me among the bunch that doesn't believe he wants to be traded simply because he hates Steve Yzerman for not choosing him, keeping in mind that Yzerman doesn't choose the team by himself ... there's a process, and many others involved.

Edited by stillwater

I recognize the quote, but don't understand the relevance to St.Louis.

Count me among the bunch that doesn't believe he wants to be traded simply because he hates Steve Yzerman for not choosing him, keeping in mind that Yzerman doesn't choose the team by himself ... there's a process, and many others involved.

It doesn't, those were separate thoughts.

I'm fairly certain he didn't play a shift in the semi-final. They were talking about it during the gold medal game.

All I gotta say is: If you ain't first, you're last.

I saw him on the ice at least once in the 3rd period of the semi-final. I remember thinking to myself that I didn't see him out there at all until that point.

Canada and Sweden demonstrate true sportsmanship

TORONTO – After Team Canada defeated Sweden 3-0 to win gold in men’s hockey at the Winter Olympics Sunday, you’d think there would be some hard feelings and nasty words being flung around. Maybe an “In your face!” or “Take that Sweden!” Especially on social media sites like Twitter.

Turns out both countries have gracious fans who, instead of trash-talking each other, showed true sportsmanship as the hashtag #hardtotrashtalkCanada trended in Sweden, while #hardtotrashtalkSweden trended in Canada.

Even if he did ask for a trade it doesn't mean that MSL is the *sshole here. The guy's been a freak of nature the last couple years and by any account should have made the team. If he wanted to play, and the coaches wanted him, and Yzerman didn't pick him, I'd say that's reason enough to be pissed. Especially since the only thing the guy hasn't done in his career is win a gold medal.

I'm not saying that's what happened, but I don't know. And neither does anyone else. What I do know is that Martin St. Louis has been a class act his entire career. I doubt that changed all of a sudden. He (clearly) played his way onto Team Canada, I'd be pissed too if I weren't selected.

Or you could be like Samuelsson and tell team Sweden to go f**k themselves for not selecting him.

#eighteentwelve? #stillridingourcoattails #hidingbehindourdefense

...back on current subject. MSL wouldn't be the first to ask for a trade after being slighted by a GM. I don't put it past Yzerman to do something like that either, he is not the little angel everyone thinks. But, if Yzerman were to trade him, I think the worst place to go would be Winnipeg or the Isle.

Edited by LeftWinger

#eighteentwelve? #stillridingourcoattails #hidingbehindourdefense

...back on current subject. MSL wouldn't be the first to ask for a trade after being slighted by a GM. I don't put it past Yzerman to do something like that either, he is not the little angel everyone thinks. But, if Yzerman were to trade him, I think the worst place to go would be Winnipeg or the Isle.

I'm sure he would be happy in Edmonton.