• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
T.Low

Wings go to Mexico

Rate this topic

According to Bill Roose, Abby, Andy, and Smith are heading to Mexico for some sunny and warm R & R during the break. Anyone know where?

Just curious. We go every year, to a variety of places. Be interesting to know if they're doing an all inclusive resort or a nice high end vacation home somewhere.

Good for them, take some time off, get a tan, and don't drink the water.

As far as where they are or where they might be staying, I have no idea and i'm not entirely sure if that's something they would disclose. I've never been there myself.

This reminded me of a old photoshop I made a while back, dug it up for the occasion. Not any of the guys above but still reasonably humorous.

8614183911_4c63b467b0_o.jpg

You think every time Smith tries to hand Abdelkader a beer he turns it over to Andersson instead?

Haha, I can't stop thinking about Red Wings beer drinking metaphors now.

I bet Abdelkader works SUPER hard to get his beer open and then shoots it wide of his mouth when he finally tries to take a drink.

RANDOM GUY: Damn, got not bottle opener.

ABDELKADER: STOP.

RANDOM GUY: ...

ABDELKADER: IT'S HAMMER TIME.

MILLER: I'm pretty sure it's Miller time.

SMITH: I'm pretty sure we didn't even invite you to Mexico with us, Andrew.

MILLER: I'm pretty sure I'm our best PKer, Brandon. Plus, my adult-colored hair means you won't get carded. You being a kid and all.

ANDERSSON: I WANNA BE.

EVERYONE: ...

ANDERSSON: YOUR SLUDGE HAMMER. Did I say it right? Sludge hammer?

RANDOM GUY, to BARTENDER: Please help me.

BARTENDER, aka Nick Lidstrom: Sorry, you're on your own from now on.

RANDOM GUY: What?

BARTENDER: I like it here in Sweden.

RANDOM GUY: This is Mexico!

BARTENDER: Exactly.

RANDOM GUY: Damn, got not bottle opener.

ABDELKADER: STOP.

RANDOM GUY: ...

ABDELKADER: IT'S HAMMER TIME.

MILLER: I'm pretty sure it's Miller time.

SMITH: I'm pretty sure we didn't even invite you to Mexico with us, Andrew.

MILLER: I'm pretty sure I'm our best PKer, Brandon. Plus, my adult-colored hair means you won't get carded. You being a kid and all.

ANDERSSON: I WANNA BE.

EVERYONE: ...

ANDERSSON: YOUR SLUDGE HAMMER. Did I say it right? Sludge hammer?

RANDOM GUY, to BARTENDER: Please help me.

BARTENDER, aka Nick Lidstrom: Sorry, you're on your own from now on.

RANDOM GUY: What?

BARTENDER: I like it here in Sweden.

RANDOM GUY: This is Mexico!

BARTENDER: Exactly.

This went from awesome to confusing. First of all, was nick even there? Secondly what beer were they actually drinking? Third and most importantly, where's Cleary?

Kind of off topic, but it reminds me of a Michigander friend of mine, who is Hispanic and has family still in Mexico. His much younger brother played hockey and LOVED the Red Wings. My friend follows hockey but didn't play.

My friend would tell his brother that he liked the Wings because the Wings have a Mexican player. The conversation would go something like this:

Friend: I like the Wings because they have a Mexican guy.

Brother: They don't have Mexicans.

Friend: Oh, yeah? What about Pablo Datsyuk?

Brother: It's PAVEL Datsyuk.

Friend: Pavel? There aren't any Mexicans named Pavel.

Brother: He's Russian.

Friend: No way. There aren't any Russians in Mexico.

Brother: He's not from Mexico.

Friend: All Mexicans are from Mexico.

Brother: He's not Mexican.

Friend: Sure his is. Why else would he be named Pablo?

This would go on and on until the brother gave up. The brother is grown up now. Game over. :(

Kind of off topic, but it reminds me of a Michigander friend of mine, who is Hispanic and has family still in Mexico. His much younger brother played hockey and LOVED the Red Wings. My friend follows hockey but didn't play.

My friend would tell his brother that he liked the Wings because the Wings have a Mexican player. The conversation would go something like this:

Friend: I like the Wings because they have a Mexican guy.

Brother: They don't have Mexicans.

Friend: Oh, yeah? What about Pablo Datsyuk?

Brother: It's PAVEL Datsyuk.

Friend: Pavel? There aren't any Mexicans named Pavel.

Brother: He's Russian.

Friend: No way. There aren't any Russians in Mexico.

Brother: He's not from Mexico.

Friend: All Mexicans are from Mexico.

Brother: He's not Mexican.

Friend: Sure his is. Why else would he be named Pablo?

This would go on and on until the brother gave up. The brother is grown up now. Game over. :(

I laughed so hysterically hard at this.

Brilliant.

Would you mind if I shared that on my book of faces?

Where is all the outrage about this?

People were freaking out here on the forums about letting the players go to Russia because of potential violence.

News flash....Mexico is a HELL of a lot more dangerous than Russia is these days. It has essentially devolved into a third world s*** hole in the last couple decades.

Where is all the outrage about this?

People were freaking out here on the forums about letting the players go to Russia because of potential violence.

News flash....Mexico is a HELL of a lot more dangerous than Russia is these days. It has essentially devolved into a third world s*** hole in the last couple decades.

You expect fans to be outraged on where the Wings vacation??

They're not 16 year old kids travelling abroad. They're grown men. Treat them as such.

You completely missed the point, obviously.

No, I don't expect anyone to be outraged. I was merely pointing out how silly it is for people to freak out about players going to Russia, because of the possible threat of violence, and not saying a word about players going to Mexico, when Mexico is WAYYY more violent than Russia is.

Obviously you didn't read the thread about the players not going to Russia because of "potential violence".

Edited by sleepwalker

You completely missed the point, obviously.

No, I don't expect anyone to be outraged. I was merely pointing out how silly it is for people to freak out about players going to Russia, because of the possible threat of violence, and not saying a word about players going to Mexico, when Mexico is WAYYY more violent than Russia is.

Obviously you didn't read the thread about the players not going to Russia because of "potential violence".

I just want to point out that they play hockey in Detroit... A Mexican resort is far less scary then Detroit at night.

The Zetas or the Caballeros Templarios ( Knights Templar) go to kidnap Abby then find out he's from Detroit. They don't know wether to worship him for being from the birth place of the Chevy, or run from him in fear.

Meanwhile, Smith is drunk of his @$$ and wonders where all his new friends are going so soon, but won't take their big sombrero off his head and give it back to El Jeffe.