• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

NHL salary cap numbers applied to the Olympic teams

Rate this topic

No surprise that Canada and the US are way over the cap.

It is surprising that Sweden almost makes the cut.

Russia being right at the cap, isn't surprising since they have a pro-KHL attitude it seems. It also helps that Kovalchuk retired from the NHL.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/canadian-roster-comes-with-heavy-price-tag/

I didn't look too closely, but it's seems a bit skewed. It would appear that all non-NHLers come with a $0 cap hit, which doesn't make sense.

Shouldn't you be adding the KHLers salaries as well? Canada would still be way ahead in the salary chart though.

US based media reporting on to NHL fans, is why I figure they left out the KHL numbers for a bunch of folks you're probably never heard of anyway.

Also, they would then have to find every league's payroll and add in SEL, etc.

I didn't look too closely, but it's seems a bit skewed. It would appear that all non-NHLers come with a $0 cap hit, which doesn't make sense.

Shouldn't you be adding the KHLers salaries as well? Canada would still be way ahead in the salary chart though.

US based media reporting on to NHL fans, is why I figure they left out the KHL numbers for a bunch of folks you're probably never heard of anyway.

Also, they would then have to find every league's payroll and add in SEL, etc.

Well that doesn't mean their salaries wouldn't count in this scenario!

And I would hate for a reporter to have to do some actual investigating before publishing their bulls***, but I'm aware of how hard it is to find information like that in the age of the internet!