• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#81 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Well thanks for sharing your opinion but if you search the threads there are one or two sharing the facts. And one literally had a quote from holland saying laziness was why he did t pursue Ryan. And I had one that had the details of his sickness all year long.

So go ahead deny FACTS. It just makes you look well unintelligent.

And you're completely missing the point when it comes to Alfie but you keep thinking what you are. I can only say the complete opposite so many times and you'll still keep believe the same stupid thing. Maybe it's my fault maybe I don't elaborate enough in my wall of text.

#82 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Well thanks for sharing your opinion but if you search the threads there are one or two sharing the facts. And one literally had a quote from holland saying laziness was why he did t pursue Ryan. And I had one that had the details of his sickness all year long.

And you're completely missing the point when it comes to Alfie but you keep thinking what you are. I can only say the complete opposite so many times and you'll still keep believe the same stupid thing. Maybe it's my fault maybe I don't elaborate enough in my wall of text.

If such a thread or quotes exist you should be the one producing them since you're claiming it as a fact.   I don't believe they exist. 

You keep using the words facts and opinion, but I'm beginning to think you don't know the difference between the 2.

I'm not going to trade insults with you though, I'll let people weigh my posts against yours and decide for themselves who seems more intelligent.

Edited by FlashyG, 19 February 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#83 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

The only person I can think of that mentioned that Bobby Ryan "doesn't play with enough intensity" was Brian Burke when explaining the Team USA snub. Most of the lazy talk in the past was conjured by fans I believe. I don't recall Holland mentioning anything about Ryan.

Edited by dropkickshanahans, 19 February 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#84 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

It would have been extremely out of character for Holland to say something so blatantly negative about a player, except in extreme circumstances.  I don't even remember a lot of public negativity about Krupp coming from Holland.  I don't believe for a second he said Ryan was lazy.

The only "facts" that DeGra55 spews are ones taken out of context, and he runs away from anything that doesn't support his flawed arguments.  He sounds just like a politician.

Edited by DickieDunn, 19 February 2014 - 06:34 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#85 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

If Holland was concerned with certain players not playing with enough intensity then why did he draft Mantha?
I bet if Holland had a chance to get Ryan again he would

#86 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

I don't care what you guys think but there was a quote about it in a thread. Or maybe it was Babcock who said it? Either way it's the reason why he wasn't pursued and the fact they value unproven prospects over proven goal scorers. As many of you do as well.

#87 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

I don't care what you guys think but there was a quote about it in a thread. Or maybe it was Babcock who said it? Either way it's the reason why he wasn't pursued and the fact they value unproven prospects over proven goal scorers. As many of you do as well.

Burke said it. 

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#88 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:48 PM

Ya you're right he said it last year after round one of the playoffs lol ok.

#89 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

Ya you're right he said it last year after round one of the playoffs lol ok.

I didn't hear him saying anything about Ryan after the playoffs last year, but I know he said it in connection to Ryan not being on the Olympic team.

There was plenty of rumors going around that the Wings were after Ryan, but it would have been hard to beat the package Ottawa gave up.  http://prohockeytalk...ter-bobby-ryan/

Edited by DickieDunn, 19 February 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#90 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Yeah I remember Holland saying he didn't go hard after Suter bc he thought Suter was the next Lebda. I have nothing credible too support this, but trust me I saw it somewhere, don't bother arguing with me, it's FACT

Alfredsson we got for 1 year for nothing. What in gods name is there to complain about?

#91 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

I was referring to holland or Babcock saying it after the first round in the playoffs. It's why he wasn't pursued.

I could care less about Burke saying it as that's a
Completely different discussion.

#92 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

The show us the quote...or stop claiming its a fact.

Also the irony of you saying we don't value proven goal scorers when you're advocating buying out Franzen is pretty spectacular.

#93 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

I was referring to holland or Babcock saying it after the first round in the playoffs. It's why he wasn't pursued.

I could care less about Burke saying it as that's a
Completely different discussion.

Except the Wings were trying to trade for him.

But don't let the truth get in the way of your made up "facts."

#94 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

http://www.letsgowin...yan-to-ottawa/#

Crumson said it on page one the tweet was shown on page three I think? Told you I saw it in here but go on don't believe a FACT i said. Now maybe the tweet wasn't a fact but it was on here.

Then I posted another thread about how he was sick all season and playoffs long. Which I do know is a fact as well since I posted the damn thread and link.
Franzen isn't a goal scorer...hell he said it himself!

#95 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

http://www.letsgowin...yan-to-ottawa/#

Crumson said it on page one the tweet was shown on page three I think? Told you I saw it in here but go on don't believe a FACT i said. Now maybe the tweet wasn't a fact but it was on here.

Then I posted another thread about how he was sick all season and playoffs long. Which I do know is a fact as well since I posted the damn thread and link.
Franzen isn't a goal scorer...hell he said it himself!

So an unsupported post, possibly made tongue in cheek, makes it a "fact" that HOlland thinks Ryan is lazy.

Franzen scores 27 or 28 goals a season.  That's pretty good.

#96 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

That's not even close to what you claimed he said.

All that tweet said was that the Wings lost interest in him after they played him in the playoffs. Not that Holland said he was lazy.

Also it was a quote from a reporter not from Holland and it wasn't quoting him. 

#97 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Lazy = lack of compete level?

Pretty sure it's the same.

#98 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Lazy = lack of compete level?

Pretty sure it's the same.

She wasn't quoting anyone but herself. That's speculation by the reporter....

#99 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:32 PM

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 2h
Bobby Ryan off to Ottawa. #RedWings had little interest in Ryan, none after lackluster performance in this year's playoffs against them.

That's wrote as fact not opinion.

#100 number9

number9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 2h
Bobby Ryan off to Ottawa. #RedWings had little interest in Ryan, none after lackluster performance in this year's playoffs against them.

That's wrote as fact not opinion.

So they never had much interest, and when he struggled they lost all interest. Whys he lazy?