• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Call ups.. Sheahan, Emmerton, Pulkkinen and Almquist

Rate this topic

I mentioned this in the other thread. From KK.

This is interesting, per the Red Wings' PR department. The Grand Rapids Griffins are holding a tripleheader this weekend and the Red Wings resume practicing at Joe Louis Arena today at 2 PM, and they'll resume their NHL season with games in Montreal on the 26th and in Ottawa on the 27th. Will some of these warm bodies be with them, or is this just maximizing-LTIR-spending stuff while augmenting the practice squad?

Seems to just be bodies for practice till Olympians return.

No, but you certainly can get guys into trade-able shape by the end of the hiatus, which is the 23rd - a scant 4 days away.

You can't trade during the Olympic break, there is a roster freeze.

Edited by FireCaptain

I don't know why they would so it, so I take the public statement at face value.

However, I'm not a Hockey GM either. Who's to say that there is not a super sneaky secret plan at work?

haha

/tinfoil mode OFF

Why else would they do it today? Other then the fact that they resume practice at 2pm and are short many guys.

Otherwise I would think they would wait.

they wouldn't call them up for a trade, they would just trade them, unless to showcase them, but then that begs the question, why call up emmerton he won't magically be better this time. It is just for practice purposes, and to get some of these guys some one on one time with guys like Datsyuk, and all the others not at the olympics.

I don't know why they would so it, so I take the public statement at face value.

However, I'm not a Hockey GM either. Who's to say that there is not a super sneaky secret plan at work?

haha

/tinfoil mode OFF

Made all the more impressive by the fact that the general manager is on the other side of the globe.

Says who? That's a KH body double. He's sent to do public appearances in scary places so that the real KH is never in danger.

Either that or Russia has internet - maybe even 56k dialup access. ROL - Russia OnLine.

Made all the more impressive by the fact that the general manager is on the other side of the globe.

Says who? That's a KH body double. He's sent to do public appearances in scary places so that the real KH is never in danger.

Either that or Russia has internet - maybe even 56k dialup access. ROL - Russia OnLine.

it's still under construction, the internet was supposed to be completed there by the time the olympics started, but by the time the mafia took their cut of the funding, they only had run a wire to Vladimir Poutine's house

Of course his house was connected first, how else was he supposed to post horseback riding, topless selfies?

0804_vladimir_putin_ap09080407547_ap_02-

(ok, not really a selfie)

it's still under construction, the internet was supposed to be completed there by the time the olympics started, but by the time the mafia took their cut of the funding, they only had run a wire to Vladimir Poutine's house