• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

Re-read my original post, I clearly stated that I'm at work and not watching the game. Which is why I asked if the guys were there to cheer on the women's teams. I legitimately wanted to know because I can't see it.

I think he was talking to me, but the online feed takes commercial breaks every chance they get. Replays AND, wait for it....icings. Yes, they show commercials immediately when an icing is called.

Edited by rrasco

Overheard in the office: "There's no chance anyone in Canada is actually working right now." #CANvsUSA

Put it this way.

Yesterday - stopped for 2.5 hours to watch Men's Canada vs Latvia, ordered Pizza at work, and projected onto projector

Today - Working with no 2.5 hour break.

Where did I say they didn't compete ?

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. We will cheer them on, but people don't drop everything like they do for the Men. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

I realize you were talking about competition as in other teams, but still, this is competitive as all get out. Even if it's just USA/CAN, that's all that matters, right?

I realize you were talking about competition as in other teams, but still, this is competitive as all get out. Even if it's just USA/CAN, that's all that matters, right?

I guess, but if you had other teams that competed all the way it would help drive Women hockey in the Olympics is what i'm saying. It's hard to stay tuned with it when USA and Canada dominates these other teams.

I didn't watch one game, I already knew the final would be USA vs Canada.

Edited by darkmanx

He's an idiot. I certainly wouldn't have posted something as idiotic and insulting to a Country as you did.

Bars are full in this Country watching this game.

It's extremely important to Canadians.

You've only now finally gotten around to condemning his original sexist post. Something most of us did two pages ago. Kinda hard to take you seriously when you say "it's extremely important" when you've spent all this time condemning me for pointing out his sexism while staying mum on the post that started all of this (until just now).

Put it this way.

Yesterday - stopped for 2.5 hours to watch Men's Canada vs Latvia, ordered Pizza at work, and projected onto projector

Today - Working with no 2.5 hour break.

Yep...Exhibit A.

You've only now finally gotten around to condemning his original sexist post. Something most of us did two pages ago. Kinda hard to take you seriously when you say "it's extremely important" when you've spent all this time condemning me for pointing out his sexism while staying mum on the post that started all of this (until just now).

Yep...Exhibit A.

Hey, It is what it is. You don't have to agree with it but that's the reality.

Well no. There's even been discussions during this Olympics that women's hockey is at risk of even being in the Olympics because there's only two competitive countries.

It's embarrassing for the Olympics to have such ridiculous lop-sided scores in any event.

Hey, It is what it is. You don't have to agree with it but that's the reality.

I think the point of confusion here is the original use of the word "matter". The original post said that women's hockey doesn't matter...which is sexist. If he (or you) had said women's hockey is less popular I don't think anyone would object, it would be a factual statement. But to say it doesn't matter is offensive.

I think the point of confusion here is the original use of the word "matter". The original post said that women's hockey doesn't matter...which is sexist. If he (or you) had said women's hockey is less popular I don't think anyone would object, it would be a factual statement. But to say it doesn't matter is offensive.

Probably a better word could have been used, but I understand what he meant. As Son Of a Wing stated, it's hard for it to matter (not used in a sexist way) on a big stage when two teams are always battling for Gold and Silver. Would love for other Women teams to start producing, it would make the tournament even better.

Edited by darkmanx

Honestly, are you insane?

PP for Canada.

I feel bad for the US girls.