• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

1 Hockey GOLD down...

1 to go...

PS. That's karma for the cocky comments in the final minute of regulation. It aint over till its over.

I don't really watch Woman's hockey but I happened to turn this on partway through overtime. That victory isn't much to be proud of, those were two garbage calls that gifted Canada the gold. Don't care how the rest of the game went.

Edit: sorry if that came off like I was angry and confrontational lol. I'm not. I don't care so much about the woman's hockey tourney.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

I don't really watch Woman's hockey but I happened to turn this on partway through overtime. That victory isn't much to be proud of, those were two garbage calls that gifted Canada the gold. Don't care how the rest of the game went.

BS

Ok?? So you're offering an opinion on a game you didn't watch...thanks...

Guest DeGraa55

Because Canada was on a 5 on 3 because of two of the worst penalty calls ever. So yes the ref literally ruined this game.

Now I agree we shouldn't of been in this spot up 2-0 like we were...

Why does every loss always have to be about the refs? Isn't it possible that the better team won, despite the fact that the better team wasn't the one you wanted? Congratulations Team Canada.

You didn't watch so I don't blame you for not seeing the horrendous calls in OT. The GWG came on a 5-3 in OT.

Gotta give credit the nucks for coming back in the third. I can't say much about OT. Although, USA had the opportunity to bang a few home in the first minute of OT.

Why does every loss always have to be about the refs? Isn't it possible that the better team won, despite the fact that the better team wasn't the one you wanted? Congratulations Team Canada.

USA was the better team for most of that game. It wasn't the refs (imo) who changed the outcome, it was Zapdos (as I call her) who saved the game several times all day long.

I can only hope tomorrow is half as entertaining.

I heard they were up by two with 3 mins to go in the game. And they lost in OT. They kindof deserved to lose, they choked hard.

That's because the US team wanted to emulate their favorite NHL team the Detroit Red Wings. Thus following the Wings practice of getting tied in third up by 2 and to OT and lose there vs. going to shootout...

There certainly were questionable calls, on both sides. The slashing call in overtime was something the ref warned the US of earlier. You missed that if you just tuned in for overtime.

Note to self: trying to put a puck in front of a goalie in the net = slashing on goalie.

I could care less about womens hockey, i'll keep my views on that to myself. But if ud been watching the OT, the officiating was easily the worst ive ever seen.

2 absolutely bogus calls in a row. A netfront battle for a loose puck called as a slash and an obvious penalty shot that was called a crosscheck.

Doesnt take away the gold though! Congrats ladies!