• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

Everyone complaining about the refs needs to stop. The US was up 2 with under 3 minutes left. They lost because they couldn't hold a lead. Period.

Im just discussing what i saw from watching the game. Not complaining.

Note to self: trying to put a puck in front of a goalie in the net = slashing on goalie.

She was holding the puck. The American girls were warned earlier in the game about the exact same thing.

I realize you'll whine. I'll just post that for truth for everyone else.

I could care less about womens hockey, i'll keep my views on that to myself. But if ud been watching the OT, the officiating was easily the worst ive ever seen.

2 absolutely bogus calls in a row. A netfront battle for a loose puck called as a slash and an obvious penalty shot that was called a crosscheck.

Doesnt take away the gold though! Congrats ladies!

Hold a lead and you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. This all reminds me of that time the Chicago Cubs blew a three run lead before Steve Bartman touched a foul ball and the Cubs ended up losing. If you don't blow leads, you don't have to worry about this stuff. Bartman was a scapegoat...so are the refs. Again, congrats Team Canada.

Hold a lead and you don't have to worry about that kind of stuff. This all reminds me of that time the Chicago Cubs blew a three run lead before Steve Bartman touched a foul ball and the Cubs ended up losing. If you don't blow leads, you don't have to worry about this stuff. Bartman was a scapegoat...so are the refs. Again, congrats Team Canada.

Haha i remember that! Everyone in chicago wanted to kill that guy. They were spelling out "f*** you" in peperonis on pizza he ordered lmao.

She was holding the puck. The American girls were warned earlier in the game about the exact same thing.

I realize you'll whine. I'll just post that for truth for everyone else.

Bullocks. They were warned to not try and score when a puck gets to the net? It's not like the goalie scooped it up and she was banging away at it. She took one try at it and stopped. No arm went up. Official skates over and decides to call a slash. There's the truth for you.

You're American? Why were you not emotionally invested?

I obviously wish the US had won, but I was about as upset as I was when I caught the two man bobsledding team not win gold. Which is to say not really upset at all. Now if the US loses to Canada tomorrow you may find that I've thrown a temper tantrum and destroyed my living room.

Haha i remember that! Everyone in chicago wanted to kill that guy. They were spelling out "f*** you" in peperonis on pizza he ordered lmao.

Yeah, in some instances they literally tried to murder that guy...but nary a word about how their beloved Cubs (a team I despise with the intensity of a thousand dying suns) couldn't hold a THREE run lead despite a superior lineup and home field advantage.

I thought women's hockey didn't matter? Or does it matter now since Canada won?

I already gave them credit for the come back in the third, but I don't have to be happy about OT.

hahahahah talk about nail on the head. Wait until tomorrow if some how canada is gifted a win.....hahahahaha we wont be able to post on here. hahaha

I already gave them credit for the come back in the third, but I don't have to be happy about OT.

Where is the person that said women's hockey didnt matter in this thread, Can you show me the post of him bragging about the win now ?

oh right, you can't because it didn't happen. Euro Twins isn't around.

Edited by darkmanx

Listen, if someone said it doesn't matter to them and then came in here and started acting like it does, then fine, call them out.

But don't take a comment said by one person and apply it to all of us...

I obviously wish the US had won, but I was about as upset as I was when I caught the two man bobsledding team not win gold. Which is to say not really upset at all. Now if the US loses to Canada tomorrow you may find that I've thrown a temper tantrum and destroyed my living room.

238804ad43bbba57ab6579034eac006fba071c4e