• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

Ya ok, the US fans were bragging for the last few weeks relentlessly about how they were winning the gold this year, and Canada has no chance and blah blah blah, I'm just doing my due diligence now.

Absolutely NO ONE said that Canada "had no chance." In fact, most of us said that they had every chance in the world. Just that some of us were confident that team USA had enough to bring home the Gold (especially the way the tourney had been going). But of course we can't be confident in a gold without it somehow being viewed as a personal attack to certain Canadian fans here. NOW GO SWEDEN FOR THE GOLD!!!

I'm not blaming the refs for this game, but don't be a homer. What about the hook against Kane? Forgot who it was, but they sold it well.

Being a homer? Ok....on that same PP, Pietrangelo was high sticked for real and there was no call. So for all intents and purposes we're even. Good game either way.

Ya ok, the US fans were bragging for the last few weeks relentlessly about how they were winning the gold this year, and Canada has no chance and blah blah blah, I'm just doing my due diligence now.

It's a two-way street. Just the same generalization as Canadian's saying they are better and were going to win gold, etc. You certainly won't find any quotes from me that said that though. I knew this would be a hard fought game, and Canada won. That's all there is to it. Won't hear any excuses from me.

Kind goes hand in hand with that gif above saying hockey is Canada's game. What is that supposed to imply? That was rhetorical, for those that can't tell.

Being a homer? Ok....on that same PP, Pietrangelo was high sticked for real and there was no call. So for all intents and purposes we're even. Good game either way.

I was in a bar man, I didn't get to watch all the minor details like I normally would have so I am sure I missed plenty. I'd go back and watch it again, but that would be too painful.

Care to support that with any evidence? I think, as a whole, Americans were just confident and pleased with how our team was playing. Any sensible person knew winning gold was by no means a given.

This thread was very civil until you stirred the pot. Every American in here has given Canada credit for winning today.

It's a two-way street. Just the same generalization as Canadian's saying they are better and were going to win gold, etc. You certainly won't find any quotes from me that said that though. I knew this would be a hard fought game, and Canada won. That's all there is to it. Won't hear any excuses from me.

Kind goes hand in hand with that gif above saying hockey is Canada's game. What is that supposed to imply? That was rhetorical, for those that can't tell.

I was in a bar man, I didn't get to watch all the minor details like I normally would have so I am sure I missed plenty. I'd go back and watch it again, but that would be too painful.

Great then ignore my post, it wasn't meant for you then. And yes I was being a bit facetious when I said people said Canada had no chance. And also yes Canadians said they would win, and we did... So we were right.

Great then ignore my post, it wasn't meant for you then. And yes I was being a bit facetious when I said people said Canada had no chance. And also yes Canadians said they would win, and we did... So we were right.

So Americans are arrogant for believing their team would win, but it's OK for you to do the same?

So Americans are arrogant for believing their team would win, but it's OK for you to do the same?

Seriously you people need to lighten up a bit, I'm just having a bit of fun, I didn't bash your country or anything I merely said the team most of you claimed to be inferior offensively beat you. You would think i killed the president the way some of you respond. If the US team won I'm pretty sure that there would many worse posts around here, compared to the virtually harmless post I made.

Seriously you people need to lighten up a bit, I'm just having a bit of fun, I didn't bash your country or anything I merely said the team most of you claimed to be inferior offensively beat you. You would think i killed the president the way some of you respond. If the US team won I'm pretty sure that there would many worse posts around here, compared to the virtually harmless post I made.

Bingo.

You can't have it both ways. You can't kick and scream that the Americans did this and then turn around and do the EXACT thing you were condemning and act like anybody brought it upon you but yourself.

Edited by rrasco

I think it's the fact that you keep generalizing and saying things like "most of you" when I'm pretty sure very few, if any, around here viewed Canada as "inferior". Then you follow up by assuming all of us would've been petty and worse had we won. You're being extremely condescending.

Edit: and the general tone of the thread was calm and appreciative of a good hockey game before you started posting. Lol

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

You can't have it both ways. You can't kick and scream that the Americans did this and then turn around and do the EXACT thing you were condemning and act like anybody brought it upon you but yourself.

Lol I don't recall kicking and screaming, but when the nhl comes back on I am calling out anyone who bashes other players and teams when we beat them around here, since everyone is so mature all of a sudden. I literally made one post jokingly, you guys really are sore losers. At least some people said they would come to this board to accept us gloating a bit, apparently a few of you can't take what you dish out. And again if you didn't dish it out, my comment was not for you. Stop crying about it already.

A great game between two proud nations. The key thing to take away from this game is that American hockey has come a long way in the last few years. They are really developing players better than ever before and are coming closer to competing with Canada. The main difference, in my opinion, is that the Americans still do not possess the skill that the Canadian players do. The success of the US team is their strong defense play, blocking shots, backchecking, hard hitting. They do not have that many high end skilled players. Off the top of my head, they have Kane, Parise, Kessel, Oshie, Kessler (even Oshie is not top notch against the Canadians). On the flip side, Canada has Crosby, Toews, Getzalf, Perry, Marleau, Benn, Tavaras (who didnt play today). That is just the forwards.

On defense, Canada has far better puck moving, offensive dmen, who are also very good in their own end. The Americans have outstanding defensive dmen, however they lack the skill to assert themselves more offensively. This has been the biggest plus to Canada's game this olympics, and last olympics as well. This is the difference in my opinion.

While the games would always be close, Canada would come out on top more often then not at this point in time. With that said, it was a great game, and it is great to see the improvements that USA hockey has made in developing their players to compete with our Canadian players.