• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

Look at the posts during the Latvian game. There was trash talk. Now you have lost so you get to be trash talked.That's how sports work. What do you expect us to just say good game and never speak of it again?

Considering most Americans did just that following the game, that seems pretty fair.

I can't wait for Sunday! Gonna wake up shortly before the game comes on and ready myself with some chocolate chip pancakes covered in Maple syrup (just for rrasco) and listen to Swedish metal whilst consuming said pancakes and then a single f*** will not be given for the rest of the day, not even the outcome for I love both teams.

Look at the posts during the Latvian game. There was trash talk. Now you have lost so you get to be trash talked.That's how sports work. What do you expect us to just say good game and never speak of it again?

Apparently observations are trash talking now. Canada had trouble scoring on Latvia, no? That's all I remember being brought up.

Guest Playmaker

A good win for Canada, probably not good for the future of the NHL in the Olympics. Team USA really needed a gold medal for the average sports fan to pay any attention. TJ Oshie is now yesterday's news. Canada vs. Sweden is a good matchup for hockey fans, not so much for those that the NHL is trying to attract to the league.

Again, an assumption. I've said enough. Enjoy your win.

Right, a few posters actually said a few days ago while trash talking they would rub it in our face, but if the US lost they would take their lickings, and and actually came in here to mock people for being quiet while tied with Latvia because we weren't winning. Even though most of us were working. So you're going to tell me a lot of posters around here wouldn't have been trash talking if the US won? It's easy to say that after you lose...

Lol I don't recall kicking and screaming, but when the nhl comes back on I am calling out anyone who bashes other players and teams when we beat them around here, since everyone is so mature all of a sudden. I literally made one post jokingly, you guys really are sore losers. At least some people said they would come to this board to accept us gloating a bit, apparently a few of you can't take what you dish out. And again if you didn't dish it out, my comment was not for you. Stop crying about it already.

Figure of speech. You call everyone sore losers and you are indeed bashing us. That's never going to go over well, what did you expect the responses to be? Shucks, you guys are the best, and I apologize for thinking my team had the skill to win a hockey game. Go read my first post after the loss, I congratulated Canada and then you post telling everyone they need to come grovel to you. That's how it came across anyways.

That's what I'm doing. Yeah, there were portion of Americans trash talking. But I just like to enjoy the games and get no satisfaction out of trash talking. Plus, I'm not gonna annoy all the American fans who didn't trash talk just because there were a few that did. It's called being an adult lol.

Plus, this is a forum for an American NHL team. I have more respect than that. I also wish Team USA all the luck tomorrow VS Finland, and I mean that in an absolute non-sarcastic/smug way.

Considering most Americans did just that following the game, that seems pretty fair.

Ya I would to if I was trash talking all the way leading up to the game then lost. This board is hilarious. Let's never speak of the game again because you lost and are upset

Right, a few posters actually said a few days ago while trash talking they would rub it in our face, but if the US lost they would take their lickings, and and actually came in here to mock people for being quiet while tied with Latvia because we weren't winning. Even though most of us were working. So you're going to tell me a lot of posters around here wouldn't have been trash talking if the US won? It's easy to say that after you lose...

Those select 3-4 guys aren't on here right now. rrasco is just defending his guys the same way we were. If those guys come on here that were trashing Canada then by all means blast em, but we gotta stay classy dude. It was a battle today and we got the best of them. You usually are the level headed type. You've clearly chugged too much Maple syrup. ;)

That's what I'm doing. Yeah, there were portion of Americans trash talking. But I just like to enjoy the games and get no satisfaction out of trash talking. Plus, I'm not gonna annoy all the American fans who didn't trash talk just because there were a few that did. It's called being an adult lol.

Plus, this is a forum for an American NHL team. I have more respect than that. I also wish Team USA all the luck tomorrow VS Finland, and I mean that in an absolute non-sarcastic/smug way.

Most of these posts in this thread consist of Americans whining that we are sore winners. I have yet to see any blatant trash talking from Canadians. Being happy your team won is apparently immature and inappropriate

A good win for Canada, probably not good for the future of the NHL in the Olympics. Team USA really needed a gold medal for the average sports fan to pay any attention. TJ Oshie is now yesterday's news. Canada vs. Sweden is a good matchup for hockey fans, not so much for those that the NHL is trying to attract to the league.

It's still North America vs Europe. What's wrong with that?

Speak of it as you will, just don't make accusations that are untrue. I'm sure there were plenty of American's saying things like that, just like their were Canadians. We're all Red Wings fans, so we know what class is, let's all just show a little.

I'll say it again to appease the syrup gods: Well played Canada and congratulations on a hard-fought win over Team USA.

Happy?

Come on, Canadians. This whole "You guys would have trash talked up if you won so we are gonna trash talk you" is kind of childish. Who cares? Enjoy the win, and be excited for Sunday. Rubbing it in is foolish.

I was scared s***less of todays game. It was a toss up and as I expected a 1 goal game. I can't even express trash talk right now cause I'm just so relieved that the damn game is over and we survived.

Most of these posts in this thread consist of Americans whining that we are sore winners. I have yet to see any blatant trash talking from Canadians. Being happy your team won is apparently immature and inappropriate

See, this is on the level as kids arguing over who started it

Most of the arguing on this thread is between Americans telling Canadians to show class. You're complaining about something Canadians haven't even done yet. Most Canadians said good game. Most of the posts here are a preemptive "Good game you don't have to run it in" when we hadn't even done so because you knew we had every right to after what had happened beforehand

Down with the Canucks! May all their Maple Leafs rot away! USA! USA! USA! USA!

I'd prefer Crosby crying his eyes out because he doesn't have a medal.

So......After Canada gets whipped in their national sport today, how long will it take them to recover? Today would be a good day to buy stock in Canadian beer company's. Lots of drowning of sorrows later today! GO USA!!!!!!!!

just a couple posts i dug up real quick, there were many more, like i said several times now, if you were not bashing canada my post was not directed at you. and yes Zwingeddangler, i have had a few canadian maples, how can you tell? :lol: