• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

just a couple posts i dug up real quick, there were many more, like i said several times now, if you were not bashing canada my post was not directed at you. and yes Zwingeddangler, i have had a few canadian maples, how can you tell? :lol:

It was Canada vs USA...even I had a couple. Just a guess though :lol:

This loss was tough to swallow. I really, really liked this USA team and I feel really bad that they couldn't win gold this olympics. I watched the game with my father and once the clock ran down to 0.0, I had to quickly flip through the channels to watch anything else to keep my mind off of it, and found one playing the movie Predator. :lol:​ Congrats to team Canada for being the better team once again.

I think we all had a couple, and those that haven't either should or will be soon.

I know I did, and I'm even back at work somehow. Went to B-Dubs, was the only person in the whole place, probably the whole city, with a Team USA sweater though.

Guest Playmaker

It's still North America vs Europe. What's wrong with that?

Nothing if you're a Canadian hockey fan, but the game isn't going to attract much ratings wise, which is what NBC and the NHL was hoping for. Had USA/Russia been in the gold medal game, it might have been a different story. But in general, outside of hockey cities like Detroit, Boston, etc, nobody really cares.

Honestly, I've never been one for trash talking outside of my own little group of friends watching/playing a game. I tend to think it brings out the worst in people...and parts of this thread are proving my beliefs to be well founded.

It WAS a good game by BOTH teams, a good win for Canada and a tough loss for US. It really bums me out that people have to turn what should be a good-natured and high spirited celebration amongst friends and acquaintances into a childish pissing match. Its disappointing and it sucks the fun out of the whole event, for me at least.

Though, at some point, people are going to have to learn how to take a little ribbing from the opposition, especially when they win. :tounge:
On another note I will say that I was really, really hoping the US would pull out a win from this one. I wanted redemption for 2010 so badly. The game was so tight that I figured that Benn's goal would be all that was needed. US just couldn't seem to break Canada's defense. I was sweating bullets the whole game haha.
GO SWEDEN! (which is basically like saying "Go Wings!")

As I Canadian, I wish to apologize for the maturity of my fellow countrymen. They do not reflect the opinions of all of us. I wish to thank you for allowing us to participate on an American site for an American National Hockey League Team. I would be quite offended if you came in to our house and started rubbing it in. I must say I was quite impressed by the comments made until (I don't think I need to name names) certain posters started commenting. Try growing up and taking the high road,

It does not seem to bother anyone yet and in fairness he did ask if he could post a picture. but the dead Eagle IMO is a tad too far if not breaking some kinda of federal law (even if its fake). If it was my site I would have asked you to kindly take it down.

I wish to be sympathetic to my friends down south.

My .02

Keep your stick on the ice and enjoy Justin Beiber.

~Smite

I think both teams were excellent. There wasn't much difference between the two teams. Every player worked their tails off. Desperation and suspense at its finest. Emotionally, I felt that this was the gold medal game because of the rivalry and they both play the North American game. Congratulations to BOTH teams.

Okay, do we feel better? Got a lot of it out of your systems, shake it off, take a deep breath and remember when this is all said and done what team we ALL root for. This hasn't gotten out of hand yet but it's approaching that line and i'm just going to make a friendly post here to say remain civil, after Sunday we are all friends again. 4-5 pages of justifying how a fan should act after a win is plenty, points have been exhausted, and we can return back to pleasant conversation about this game.

And yes, I smother my pancakes and waffles with syrup. I am not from Canada. Your "bacon" unfortunately is a lie and misleading.

That is all, carry on.

Just finished watching the game. It induced vomiting. Go Sweden.

And yes, they played a good game and earned it. I just can't stand them. At least they didn't win by diving like the Canadian women.... although Kunitz's embellishment didn't do anything to endear him further to me. Much more respect to the men for their win, though. However, I still loathe seeing them win and root for anyone against them. For this reason, I will not watch the gold medal game. I don't want to throw up any more. It is bad for my teeth.

Edited by barabbas16

Okay, do we feel better? Got a lot of it out of your systems, shake it off, take a deep breath and remember when this is all said and done what team we ALL root for. This hasn't gotten out of hand yet but it's approaching that line and i'm just going to make a friendly post here to say remain civil, after Sunday we are all friends again. 4-5 pages of justifying how a fan should act after a win is plenty, points have been exhausted, and we can return back to pleasant conversation about this game.

And yes, I smother my pancakes and waffles with syrup. I am not from Canada. Your "bacon" unfortunately is a lie and misleading.

That is all, carry on.

Youve not tried real Canadian bacon obviously lol

You're both wrong. Bacon in general in this entire continent blows. Bacon from overseas is where it's at. What we consider bacon out west is embarrassing lol

My family in Italy has pigs on their farm, I've had the most pure and freshest bacon ever. Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near Italy, nor do I have a farm or pigs, so it's a pipe dream to assume I could get that regularly

As I Canadian, I wish to apologize for the maturity of my fellow countrymen. They do not reflect the opinions of all of us. I wish to thank you for allowing us to participate on an American site for an American National Hockey League Team. I would be quite offended if you came in to our house and started rubbing it in. I must say I was quite impressed by the comments made until (I don't think I need to name names) certain posters started commenting. Try growing up and taking the high road,

It does not seem to bother anyone yet and in fairness he did ask if he could post a picture. but the dead Eagle IMO is a tad too far if not breaking some kinda of federal law (even if its fake). If it was my site I would have asked you to kindly take it down.

I wish to be sympathetic to my friends down south.

My .02

Keep your stick on the ice and enjoy Justin Beiber.

~Smite

First, its illegal to kill the bald eagle, not to share a picture of one and if it was, the law enforcement agency who originally posted the photo would be just as guilty as me.

Second, if this thread had devolved into what it is now before I was done them I definitely wouldn't have posted them. I didn't want to contribute to the rubbing in at all. If the pictures are bothersome to any American's I'll happily take them down

Third, I agree with your first paragraph 100%

Well crap. That was a great game and crappy ending..... Well I ate my crow roasted with a touch of rosemary. Washed it down with more than a few drinks.

I said before that anything less than a silver would be a let down and it is. The slotting sucked, but what can you do. This game was between the 2 best teams by fair. Canada will destroy the Swedes.