• This topic is locked This topic is locked
464 replies to this topic

#341 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:17 PM

Glad Blake Wheeler made the team over a perennial 30 goal scorer..........

Key to the game was the defenses of each team. Canada's defense is good enough to pressure the US attackers. They couldnt get open for more than an instant. US defense wasn't good enough and gave Canada open ice all game.

Kane was a major disappointment this tourney. For how much he seemed to have the puck he did very little positive with it. Other than Kessel id say Carlson was the best player for the US this tourney so far. Kids having a coming out party.

#342 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

If I had to boil this loss down to one thing, it would be the backchecking on the part of the Canadians.  They were all over Team USA and didn't let them have sustained pressure in the offensive zone.  Really nice game.  Kudos.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#343 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

what a great game!
i was on the edge of my seat the whole 3rd period!!

congrats team USA you made a game of it! good luck in the bronze medal game!
don't take the fins lightly. 

GO CANADA :)

#344 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

If I had to boil this loss down to one thing, it would be the backchecking on the part of the Canadians.  They were all over Team USA and didn't let them have sustained pressure in the offensive zone.  Really nice game.  Kudos.

Agreed. To me that's coaching. That's Babcock being exposed for "the nit-wit that he is" LOLLOLOLOL Blueadams FAIL

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#345 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,221 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

It was a good game, lot of pressure and excitement. I'm not too sure how interested i'll be in watching the Bronze game but likely will watch the game for gold and hope Sweden pulls through.

I think Canada's severe lack of offensive production will inevitably bite them back in the long run and Sweden brings home gold. Canada gets their chances but can't put the puck in the net, 3 goals combined in the last two games and one of those teams being Latvia is concerning. 

I give them praise for moving on but they need to find a way to score goals if they plan on winning it all.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#346 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

I hate Healy. Even the colour commentator disagreed with him a couple times

Healy was the color commentator. Hughson was doing play by play

#347 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Well at least Babcock can hold a lead with a team full of healthy allstars. On paper Canada should be running away with this tournament but they are still under performing. I'll be rooting for the Red Sweden Wings in the final though.

#348 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

USA showed up for 5 mins today...that's the hardest Price had to work....the first 5 mins.

Quick played out of his mind. The only one... :lol: at the Olsen Twins...i wish nothing but failure on them.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#349 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:33 PM

Craig Simpson was the color guy. Has been all tournament long.

#350 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

BTW, after this showing, USA doesn't deserve the Bronze...not that I think they'll beat The Fins.

Just give them a participation pin...who cares about a Bronze...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#351 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Craig Simpson was the color guy. Has been all tournament long.

That's a my bad. But hey, I tuned them out all I could  :lol:

#352 RyaN_84

RyaN_84

Rookie

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

well again USA shouldnt take Finland lightly. 

it will be a good game nontheless. :)

again USA has nothing to be ashamed of. it was a great game, with plenty of fast paced action. 

can't wait for olympic hockey to be over and done with so everyone can be civil and friends again :)

#353 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

Well congrats Canada.  As much as it pains me to say that, we didn't play hard-nosed enough and Canada was all over us.

Do we really have to keep Beiber?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#354 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Healy was the color commentator. Hughson was doing play by play

Don't know the name their is one more guy Healy is like the Pierre on ice commentating
When Marleau took that penalty so Pavelski didn't break in alone and get the pass Healy is saying just let that guy go by you blah blah and Simpson called him out on his stupidity

#355 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Well congrats Canada.  As much as it pains me to say that, we didn't play hard-nosed enough and Canada was all over us.

Do we really have to keep Beiber?

No, I suggested yesterday that winner would be the one to shoot him into space.  George Malik upped the ante by saying into the sun.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#356 ami

ami

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

go sweden go!

#357 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

BTW, after this showing, USA doesn't deserve the Bronze...not that I think they'll beat The Fins.

USA played hard man, give them credit.  It was a 1 goal game and competitive to the end.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#358 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

Good game, really enjoyed watching. At least the Swedes made the gold medal game so I can at least cheer for a Wings win :D

#359 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

What a game! It was tons of fun watching the defensive battle. Hate Healy though... he's worse than pierre by far. He was whining about the penalties against Canada, even though all the penalties were legit for both sides. 

Good game USA, that should have been for gold. 

The only penalty that wasn't legit was on Getzlaf.  No contact was made, Kane just threw his head back to goat a call.  Other than that, a tight battle.  I finish working now :lol:

Good game, really enjoyed watching. At least the Swedes made the gold medal game so I can at least cheer for a Wings win :D

I'm happy either way.  Canada or Wings....  I love Sweden regardless of who they play.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#360 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

I'm not sure how losing 1 - 0 to the best team (on paper) is a disappointing showing. One different bounce in 1st and the game could've been entirely different. Either way good game and I think Canada deserved the win.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 21 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.