• This topic is locked This topic is locked
464 replies to this topic

#421 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

A good win for Canada, probably not good for the future of the NHL in the Olympics.  Team USA really needed a gold medal for the average sports fan to pay any attention.  TJ Oshie is now yesterday's news.  Canada vs. Sweden is a good matchup for hockey fans, not so much for those that the NHL is trying to attract to the league.

It's still North America vs Europe.  What's wrong with that?

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#422 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:48 PM

Speak of it as you will, just don't make accusations that are untrue.  I'm sure there were plenty of American's saying things like that, just like their were Canadians.  We're all Red Wings fans, so we know what class is, let's all just show a little.

I'll say it again to appease the syrup gods: Well played Canada and congratulations on a hard-fought win over Team USA.

Happy?

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#423 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Come on, Canadians. This whole "You guys would have trash talked up if you won so we are gonna trash talk you" is kind of childish. Who cares? Enjoy the win, and be excited for Sunday. Rubbing it in is foolish.

I was scared s***less of todays game.  It was a toss up and as I expected a 1 goal game.  I can't even express trash talk right now cause I'm just so relieved that the damn game is over and we survived.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#424 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Reminded me of 4 years ago.  USA simply outclassed.

#425 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Most of these posts in this thread consist of Americans whining that we are sore winners. I have yet to see any blatant trash talking from Canadians. Being happy your team won is apparently immature and inappropriate

See, this is on the level as kids arguing over who started it

#426 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

Most of the arguing on this thread is between Americans telling Canadians to show class. You're complaining about something Canadians haven't even done yet. Most Canadians said good game. Most of the posts here are a preemptive "Good game you don't have to run it in" when we hadn't even done so because you knew we had every right to after what had happened beforehand

#427 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Down with the Canucks! May all their Maple Leafs rot away! USA! USA! USA! USA!

I'd prefer Crosby crying his eyes out because he doesn't have a medal.

So......After Canada gets whipped in their national sport today, how long will it take them to recover? Today would be a good day to buy stock in Canadian beer company's. Lots of drowning of sorrows later today! GO USA!!!!!!!!

just a couple posts i dug up real quick, there were many more, like i said several times now, if you were not bashing canada my post was not directed at you. and yes Zwingeddangler, i have had a few canadian maples, how can you tell? :lol:

#428 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

just a couple posts i dug up real quick, there were many more, like i said several times now, if you were not bashing canada my post was not directed at you. and yes Zwingeddangler, i have had a few canadian maples, how can you tell? :lol:

It was Canada vs USA...even I had a couple.  Just a guess though  :lol:

#429 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

This loss was tough to swallow. I really, really liked this USA team and I feel really bad that they couldn't win gold this olympics. I watched the game with my father and once the clock ran down to 0.0, I had to quickly flip through the channels to watch anything else to keep my mind off of it, and found one playing the movie Predator.  :lol:​  Congrats to team Canada for being the better team once again.

#430 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

I think we all had a couple, and those that haven't either should or will be soon.

I know I did, and I'm even back at work somehow.  Went to B-Dubs, was the only person in the whole place, probably the whole city, with a Team USA sweater though.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#431 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

It's still North America vs Europe.  What's wrong with that?

Nothing if you're a Canadian hockey fan, but the game isn't going to attract much ratings wise, which is what NBC and the NHL was hoping for.  Had USA/Russia been in the gold medal game, it might have been a different story.  But in general, outside of hockey cities like Detroit, Boston, etc, nobody really cares.  

#432 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Honestly, I've never been one for trash talking outside of my own little group of friends watching/playing a game.  I tend to think it brings out the worst in people...and parts of this thread are proving my beliefs to be well founded.

It WAS a good game by BOTH teams, a good win for Canada and a tough loss for US.  It really bums me out that people have to turn what should be a good-natured and high spirited celebration amongst friends and acquaintances into a childish pissing match.  Its disappointing and it sucks the fun out of the whole event, for me at least.

Though, at some point, people are going to have to learn how to take a little ribbing from the opposition, especially when they win.   :tounge:

On another note I will say that I was really, really hoping the US would pull out a win from this one.  I wanted redemption for 2010 so badly.  The game was so tight that I figured that Benn's goal would be all that was needed.  US just couldn't seem to break Canada's defense.  I was sweating bullets the whole game haha. 

GO SWEDEN! (which is basically like saying "Go Wings!")

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#433 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

Also another thing. What's up with "Syrup Chuggers" do you guys not put syrup on pancakes and waffles?

#434 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Also another thing. What's up with "Syrup Chuggers" do you guys not put syrup on pancakes and waffles?

Syrup is absolutely disgusting. Yeah, I said it lol

Edited by marcaractac, 21 February 2014 - 06:25 PM.

#435 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:30 PM

As I Canadian, I wish to apologize for the maturity of my fellow countrymen. They do not reflect the opinions of all of us. I wish to thank you for allowing us to participate on an American site for an American National Hockey League Team. I would be quite offended if you came in to our house and started rubbing it in. I must say I was quite impressed by the comments made until (I don't think I need to name names) certain posters started commenting. Try growing up and taking the high road, 

It does not seem to bother anyone yet and in fairness he did ask if he could post a picture. but the dead Eagle IMO is a tad too far if not  breaking some kinda of federal law (even if its fake). If it was my site I would have asked you to kindly take it down.

I wish to be sympathetic to my friends down south. 

My .02

Keep your stick on the ice and enjoy Justin Beiber.

~Smite

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#436 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

I think both teams were excellent. There wasn't much difference between the two teams. Every player worked their tails off. Desperation and suspense at its finest. Emotionally, I felt that this was the gold medal game because of the rivalry and they both play the North American game. Congratulations to BOTH teams.

#437 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

Okay, do we feel better? Got a lot of it out of your systems, shake it off, take a deep breath and remember when this is all said and done what team we ALL root for. This hasn't gotten out of hand yet but it's approaching that line and i'm just going to make a friendly post here to say remain civil, after Sunday we are all friends again. 4-5 pages of justifying how a fan should act after a win is plenty, points have been exhausted, and we can return back to pleasant conversation about this game.

And yes, I smother my pancakes and waffles with syrup. I am not from Canada. Your "bacon" unfortunately is a lie and misleading. 

That is all, carry on.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#438 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Just finished watching the game.  It induced vomiting.  Go Sweden.

And yes, they played a good game and earned it.  I just can't stand them.  At least they didn't win by diving like the Canadian women.... although Kunitz's embellishment didn't do anything to endear him further to me.  Much more respect to the men for their win, though.  However, I still loathe seeing them win and root for anyone against them.  For this reason, I will not watch the gold medal game.  I don't want to throw up any more.  It is bad for my teeth.

Edited by barabbas16, 21 February 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#439 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Just finished watching the game.  It induced vomiting.  Go Sweden.  I will not watch, though, for fear of more vomiting if Canada wins gold again.

spew.jpg

#440 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,828 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

Okay, do we feel better? Got a lot of it out of your systems, shake it off, take a deep breath and remember when this is all said and done what team we ALL root for. This hasn't gotten out of hand yet but it's approaching that line and i'm just going to make a friendly post here to say remain civil, after Sunday we are all friends again. 4-5 pages of justifying how a fan should act after a win is plenty, points have been exhausted, and we can return back to pleasant conversation about this game.

And yes, I smother my pancakes and waffles with syrup. I am not from Canada. Your "bacon" unfortunately is a lie and misleading. 
That is all, carry on.

Youve not tried real Canadian bacon obviously lol