464 replies to this topic

#441 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Youve not tried real Canadian bacon obviously lol

You're both wrong. Bacon in general in this entire continent blows. Bacon from overseas is where it's at. What we consider bacon out west is embarrassing lol

• Nev likes this

#442 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

You're both wrong. Bacon in general in this entire continent blows. Bacon from overseas is where it's at. What we consider bacon out west is embarrassing lol

My family in Italy has pigs on their farm, I've had the most pure and freshest bacon ever. Unfortunately I don't live anywhere near Italy, nor do I have a farm or pigs, so it's a pipe dream to assume I could get that regularly

#443 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Syrup is absolutely disgusting. Yeah, I said it lol

Do you not like waffles and pancakes? The Dutch probably like syrup more than Canadians really

#444 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:51 PM

You guys are making me hungry!  Let's get back to hockey, please.  

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#445 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

As I Canadian, I wish to apologize for the maturity of my fellow countrymen. They do not reflect the opinions of all of us. I wish to thank you for allowing us to participate on an American site for an American National Hockey League Team. I would be quite offended if you came in to our house and started rubbing it in. I must say I was quite impressed by the comments made until (I don't think I need to name names) certain posters started commenting. Try growing up and taking the high road, 

It does not seem to bother anyone yet and in fairness he did ask if he could post a picture. but the dead Eagle IMO is a tad too far if not  breaking some kinda of federal law (even if its fake). If it was my site I would have asked you to kindly take it down.

I wish to be sympathetic to my friends down south. 

My .02

Keep your stick on the ice and enjoy Justin Beiber.

~Smite

First, its illegal to kill the bald eagle, not to share a picture of one and if it was, the law enforcement agency who originally posted the photo would be just as guilty as me.

Second, if this thread had devolved into what it is now before I was done them I definitely wouldn't have posted them. I didn't want to contribute to the rubbing in at all. If the pictures are bothersome to any American's I'll happily take them down

Third, I agree with your first paragraph 100%

#446 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

BhBjjekCQAAVThz.jpg

Hey Canada, best 2 out of 3… errr… best 3 out of 5?

• Nev likes this

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#447 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

I heard this on today's post game on TSN1050 radio: Who is the only player in today's game who has never played in an NHL playoff game?

#448 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

I heard this on today's post game on TSN1050 radio: Who is the only player in today's game who has never played in an NHL playoff game?

The lone goal scorer. 

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#449 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

Well crap. That was a great game and crappy ending..... Well I ate my crow roasted with a touch of rosemary. Washed it down with more than a few drinks.

I said before that anything less than a silver would be a let down and it is. The slotting sucked, but what can you do. This game was between the 2 best teams by fair. Canada will destroy the Swedes.

#450 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

OLY_HKN_CANADA_UNITED_STATES_20140221_30

Oui.

SOCHI_OLYMPICS_ICE_HOCKEY_MEN_30642965.j

Edited by cusimano_brothers, 21 February 2014 - 08:17 PM.

#451 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

tumblr_n1dbx2aOCr1rbjg0vo1_500.png

tumblr_n1dbx2aOCr1rbjg0vo2_500.png

#452 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Hey. Can we all at least agree that Canada’s hockey socks are stupid looking? The reverse white makes them look knee-less. 

#453 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Well crap. That was a great game and crappy ending..... Well I ate my crow roasted with a touch of rosemary. Washed it down with more than a few drinks.

I said before that anything less than a silver would be a let down and it is. The slotting sucked, but what can you do. This game was between the 2 best teams by fair. Canada will destroy the Swedes.

I think Sweden's going to win gold. Just a weird hunch. I don’t think Lundqvist can play any better than Quick or Gudlevskis but I think they will generate more offence, especially from the back end. They are a smart team with lots of veteran savvy that knows how to win on big ice. 

But we’ll see. 

#454 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:29 PM

Do you not like waffles and pancakes? The Dutch probably like syrup more than Canadians really

They are good for a couple bites, then I get tired of eating them. Same as popcorn for me. A handful or two is awesome. but beyond that, so much meh.

To make this post hockey related, yay two games left!!!

#455 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:19 PM

Nothing if you're a Canadian hockey fan, but the game isn't going to attract much ratings wise, which is what NBC and the NHL was hoping for.  Had USA/Russia been in the gold medal game, it might have been a different story.  But in general, outside of hockey cities like Detroit, Boston, etc, nobody really cares.  

If that's the case then, why would it matter?  If most of the USA doesn't care, but literally ALL of Canada would watch it, then TV in general will still get ratings, not just NBC and why would the NHL just want to have USA in there?  More than half of the NHL is Canadian players.   Not trying to rag on you, but I'm not seeing why it matters what 1 station would hope for and how you would know that the NHL would prefer that?  It may not be your intent, but it makes it sound like the only thing you think matters is USA.   Your team has come up through the ranks and solidified itself in a top 5 in the world, your hockey systems are great, but 1 Olympic game is gonna make or break that?  I don't buy it.  Gary Bettman has tried to shove hockey down Americans throats for years in non-traditional hockey markets and it doesn't work, so Olympics or not, they probably wouldn't tune in cause they likely don't know it's even on, and like you stated, don't care.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#456 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

tumblr_n1dbx2aOCr1rbjg0vo1_500.png

tumblr_n1dbx2aOCr1rbjg0vo2_500.png

I don't understand why the gold medal game is first?  It's like putting a main act on before the opening band...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#457 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

And while the US may be sad over the loss, at least you're not saddled with Rob Ford.

ku-xlarge.gif

#458 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

And while the US may be sad over the loss, at least you're not saddled with Rob Ford.

ku-xlarge.gif

Jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly like for a husky gentlemen.  Maybe this time he's trying speedballs  :lol:

#459 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

I don't understand why the gold medal game is first?  It's like putting a main act on before the opening band...

Bronze is tomorrow, Gold is Sunday.

#460 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 11:13 PM

Great game. Battle to the end. Canada's overall defensive game is just suffocating(for both teams). Can't wait for Sunday!

ps. I think waffles/pancakes with syrup is one of the grossest things you can have for breakfast. Batter and syrup to start the day? No thanks.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”