• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest blueadams

USA-Canada Thread

Rate this topic

Well crap. That was a great game and crappy ending..... Well I ate my crow roasted with a touch of rosemary. Washed it down with more than a few drinks.

I said before that anything less than a silver would be a let down and it is. The slotting sucked, but what can you do. This game was between the 2 best teams by fair. Canada will destroy the Swedes.

I think Sweden's going to win gold. Just a weird hunch. I don’t think Lundqvist can play any better than Quick or Gudlevskis but I think they will generate more offence, especially from the back end. They are a smart team with lots of veteran savvy that knows how to win on big ice.

But we’ll see.

Do you not like waffles and pancakes? The Dutch probably like syrup more than Canadians really

They are good for a couple bites, then I get tired of eating them. Same as popcorn for me. A handful or two is awesome. but beyond that, so much meh.

To make this post hockey related, yay two games left!!!

Nothing if you're a Canadian hockey fan, but the game isn't going to attract much ratings wise, which is what NBC and the NHL was hoping for. Had USA/Russia been in the gold medal game, it might have been a different story. But in general, outside of hockey cities like Detroit, Boston, etc, nobody really cares.

If that's the case then, why would it matter? If most of the USA doesn't care, but literally ALL of Canada would watch it, then TV in general will still get ratings, not just NBC and why would the NHL just want to have USA in there? More than half of the NHL is Canadian players. Not trying to rag on you, but I'm not seeing why it matters what 1 station would hope for and how you would know that the NHL would prefer that? It may not be your intent, but it makes it sound like the only thing you think matters is USA. Your team has come up through the ranks and solidified itself in a top 5 in the world, your hockey systems are great, but 1 Olympic game is gonna make or break that? I don't buy it. Gary Bettman has tried to shove hockey down Americans throats for years in non-traditional hockey markets and it doesn't work, so Olympics or not, they probably wouldn't tune in cause they likely don't know it's even on, and like you stated, don't care.

Great game. Battle to the end. Canada's overall defensive game is just suffocating(for both teams). Can't wait for Sunday!

ps. I think waffles/pancakes with syrup is one of the grossest things you can have for breakfast. Batter and syrup to start the day? No thanks.

Great game. Battle to the end. Canada's overall defensive game is just suffocating(for both teams). Can't wait for Sunday!

ps. I think waffles/pancakes with syrup is one of the grossest things you can have for breakfast. Batter and syrup to start the day? No thanks.

Yes, you need a more balanced breakfast to start your day:

Man. Even though the difference in this game was a redirected shot, the US never threatened. I guess that's the mark of this Canadian team - winning 2-1 or 1-0, but in dominant fashion. What I really liked about Canada's game was the puck possession. Now we're really seeing What Mike Babcock Wants from His Boys in Red and White (so...Canada and the Wings).