Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

FRACK ME

#82 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

Wow.  Give me minute, I'll find an excuse.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#83 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

Overtime. Who needs nerves anyway?

• Nev likes this

#84 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Sexist and distinctly un-Canadian-like.  So women's hockey doesn't matter, eh?

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. We will cheer them on, but people don't drop everything like they do for the Men. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

Edited by darkmanx, 20 February 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#85 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

It only doesn't matter if USA wins.  If Canada wins you guys will certainly matter.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#86 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:24 PM

Watch this game and tell me womens hockey doesn't belong in the Olympics

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#87 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

He can imply what he wants. The Americans can make all the generalizations they like.

This game is tied, anything to push that truth to the back-burner.

#88 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Watch this game and tell me womens hockey doesn't belong in the Olympics

Wish it was more competitive other then Canada vs USA everytime.

#89 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

It only doesn't matter if USA wins.  If Canada wins you guys will certainly matter.

Truth. I remember all the noise the Canadians made after they won in Vancouver in women's hockey. It was a big flipping deal.

#90 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

He's not implying that, but there really is no competition in Women's Hockey, it comes down to USA and Canada every time. Women's Hockey just doesn't matter as much as the Men's for most Canadians, that's the reality. We will cheer them on, but people don't drop everything like they do for the Men. Not sure if USA feels the same however.

Looks like these teams are competing pretty well to me...

#91 Fonzarelli

Fonzarelli

Rookie

• Pip
  • 131 posts

How many of you noticed how the linesman looked back at the blue line and then skated right into the Canadian defensemen? That almost led to The US getting the clincher. That was pretty dirty.

#92 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

I'm at work so I can't watch this game, are any of the members of either men's team there to cheer on the women's teams?  I think it would be really cool if the guys showed up for a little solidarity. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#93 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Wow, apparently people are still wildly sexist in Canada. Tell me why men's activities "matter" more than women's again?

Quotes like this are just ridiculous and unnecessary.

#94 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:29 PM

How many of you noticed how the linesman looked back at the blue line and then skated right into the Canadian defensemen? That almost led to The US getting the clincher. That was pretty dirty.

Only those that believe in conspiracies.

I'm at work so I can't watch this game, are any of the members of either men's team there to cheer on the women's teams?  I think it would be really cool if the guys showed up for a little solidarity. 

They haven't shown any.  I would hope at least Kessel is there, but all the team would be better.

#95 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

I'm at work so I can't watch this game, are any of the members of either men's team there to cheer on the women's teams? I think it would be really cool if the guys showed up for a little solidarity.

Yes. Both teams. Canadian men care about Canadian women, and all women.

#96 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Quotes like this are just ridiculous and unnecessary.

But you're ok with someone saying that men's hockey is "the one that matters".  You've got some pretty mixed up priorities.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#97 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

If you haven't seen the men's players at this game, you're watching the wrong feed.

#98 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

Overheard in the office: "There's no chance anyone in Canada is actually working right now." #CANvsUSA

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#99 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

Looks like these teams are competing pretty well to me...

When it comes to Canada vs USA, yes. But when either of those teams play anyone else, it is quite one sided. But Canada vs USA in women's hockey is always a fantastic game. 

I'll admit, I get a lot more invested in the men's hockey. Not because I am sexist, but it's because it's mostly NHL players. It makes the men's tournament more special for that reason. If it were all amateurs in Men's Olympic hockey like it used to be, I wouldn't be as invested in it. I think that's all really anyone is getting at when talking about the Men's hockey here.

I wouldn't say that was intentional. Would have been very unfortunate and a bad way to lose had thta puck gone in though.

#100 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,684 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

If you haven't seen the men's players at this game, you're watching the wrong feed.

Re-read my original post, I clearly stated that I'm at work and not watching the game.  Which is why I asked if the guys were there to cheer on the women's teams.  I legitimately wanted to know because I can't see it.