• This topic is locked This topic is locked
464 replies to this topic

#121 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Haha they win Gold on a phantom cross checking call. Gotta love it. Grats to the north.

#122 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Honestly, are you insane?

PP for Canada.

Only if it's insane to believe that female sports have as much intrinsic value as male sports do, regardless of their popularity. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#123 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:53 PM

CANADA...CANADA..CANADA!

#124 wingsfan4795

wingsfan4795

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Game over?

Good rule of thumb is always take an octopus everywhere. Better to have one and not need it than find yourself thinking, "Damn, I wish I had that octopus".

-Buppy

#125 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

1 Hockey GOLD down...

1 to go...

PS. That's karma for the cocky comments in the final minute of regulation.  It aint over till its over.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#126 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Thanks ref and your s*** make up call

#127 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:55 PM

Heart-wrenching loss for the US girls. Geez.

#128 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Why does every loss always have to be about the refs?  Isn't it possible that the better team won, despite the fact that the better team wasn't the one you wanted?  Congratulations Team Canada.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#129 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

1 Hockey GOLD down...

1 to go...

PS. That's karma for the cocky comments in the final minute of regulation.  It aint over till its over.

I don't really watch Woman's hockey but I happened to turn this on partway through overtime. That victory isn't much to be proud of, those were two garbage calls that gifted Canada the gold. Don't care how the rest of the game went.

Edit: sorry if that came off like I was angry and confrontational lol. I'm not. I don't care so much about the woman's hockey tourney.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 20 February 2014 - 02:59 PM.

#130 RedWang

RedWang

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:57 PM

I heard they were up by two with 3 mins to go in the game. And they lost in OT. They kindof deserved to lose, they choked hard.

#131 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

I don't really watch Woman's hockey but I happened to turn this on partway through overtime. That victory isn't much to be proud of, those were two garbage calls that gifted Canada the gold. Don't care how the rest of the game went.

BS

#132 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,775 posts

Ok?? So you're offering an opinion on a game you didn't watch...thanks...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#133 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Can we all stop trying to prove who is the most "right on" and just congratulate Canada on an unliklely comeback?

"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#134 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Because Canada was on a 5 on 3 because of two of the worst penalty calls ever. So yes the ref literally ruined this game.

Now I agree we shouldn't of been in this spot up 2-0 like we were...

#135 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

There certainly were questionable calls, on both sides. The slashing call in overtime was something the ref warned the US of earlier. You missed that if you just tuned in for overtime.

#136 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,022 posts

Why does every loss always have to be about the refs?  Isn't it possible that the better team won, despite the fact that the better team wasn't the one you wanted?  Congratulations Team Canada.

You didn't watch so I don't blame you for not seeing the horrendous calls in OT.   The GWG came on a 5-3 in OT.

Gotta give credit the nucks for coming back in the third.  I can't say much about OT.  Although, USA had the opportunity to bang a few home in  the first minute of OT.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#137 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,631 posts

God, the Olympics are soo confusing. Wait till they are over and we are haggling the Wings again.

#138 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:00 PM

I can see where this is headed, all the sore losers are coming out.

#139 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Ok?? So you're offering an opinion on a game you didn't watch...thanks...

uh no, I was offering an opinion on the two pens I happened to catch, (well 3, I saw the Canadian one too).

Edit: you're welcome

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 20 February 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#140 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

USA was the better team for most of that game. It wasn't the refs (imo) who changed the outcome, it was Zapdos (as I call her) who saved the game several times all day long. 

I can only hope tomorrow is half as entertaining.