• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

"Politics has a lot to do with player selection, but its mostly in a sense pertaining to comradery. A very notable russian was considered in trades back in 2012, but it was going to be Datsyuk's responsibility to keep an eye on the (very arrogant) guy. Datsyuk didn't want the hassle, so they scrapped it completely. Skill was rarely the most important quality in management's minds."

Hmmmm...

He might get a little more credibility if he could spell "comradery".  In any case, I'm not going to form an opinion either way based on these posts.  I mean, I know everything on the internet is true of course, but......a guy who works in catering has inside info on trades and personnel decisions?   Datsyuk is shy, Huds is a partier, Management likes character guys over skill (well, besides Dan Cleary of course).  Just seems like fairly basic information.

#22 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,013 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

He might get a little more credibility if he could spell "comradery".  In any case, I'm not going to form an opinion either way based on these posts.  I mean, I know everything on the internet is true of course, but......a guy who works in catering has inside info on trades and personnel decisions?   Datsyuk is shy, Huds is a partier, Management likes character guys over skill (well, besides Dan Cleary of course).  Just seems like fairly basic information.

I'm not commenting on the truth of his information or not. But this is a thread to discuss the AMA, so we might as well discuss it. It's an interesting distraction, and the piece I quoted got me thinking about who he could be referring to. Sometimes, things don't have to be gospel, they can be fun. It's not going to influence how I feel about the Red Wings one way or another.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#23 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

My money is on Radulov.   I could see Datsyuk not wanting to deal with Radulov's crap.

IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#24 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:27 AM

I'd say Semin.  Then again, it said trade, so IDK.

Edited by rrasco, 22 February 2014 - 01:27 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#25 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:32 AM

LOL...

Oh my god. Are you talking about Semin? or Radulov?

Yes, Alexander

Wait.. which one!

Edited by rrasco, 22 February 2014 - 01:33 AM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#26 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 03:03 AM

Weren't we considering kostistsyn at one point through trade?

#27 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Haha no, but I did leave the same week as Murphy. Their excuse that they weren't "satisfied with his ratings" is complete bull, but I'm afraid I can't speak on that. Politics, nepotism, and bureaucracy...

He was a great guy and I genuinely miss having him as part of the broadcast team.

yea it definitely wasn't because of ratings. rumors had it that he had a drinking problem

Coach Babcock was a unique individual. He had a way of intimidating you with niceness and commanding respect. It's difficult to explain, but he was sort of like a Canadian version of the Godfather...

i've met babcock a few times and i would definitely agree with this lol

i'm surprised this guy on reddit didn't bring up the reason why ian white got put into babcock's doghouse

Edited by chances14, 22 February 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#28 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

Dan "The Hammer" Cleary

Posted Image