• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Andy Pred 48

Olympic Team Roster

Rate this topic

I'm not sure if any of you watched many games or if you only watched the USA or Canada games. But as i am off work at present with the same injury as Z, i got to watch almost every game. What I did see was every nation play at least twice and I got a good look at some players that we wouldn't see normally. A few players did make an impression on me. Although there were some highly skilled players many of them would be considered to be undersize to stake a claim for an NHL roster spot. To see if any of our opinions on these olympic players match or differ drastically i'd like to enter the scenario that a new NHL franchise has been given the go ahead and the new team can pick 2 players from each of the 12 olympic roster's that took part in Sochi. The roster will consist of 3 NM, 8 D and 13 FWD's of which 4 must be center's.

So here go's

The 2014 Seattle Olympians.

NM Reto Berra Switzerland

NM Edgars Masalskis Latvia

NM Carey Price Canada

D John Carlson USA D Zdeno Chára Slovakia

D Erik Karlsson Sweden D Sabahudin Kovacevic Slovenia

D Olli Määttä Finland D Drew Doughty Canada.

D Matthias Trattnig Austria D Marek Zidlicky Czech

F Phil Kessel USA C Anze Kopitar Slovenia F Lauris Darzins Latvia

F Alexander Radulov Russia C Tomas Plekanec Czech F Michael Grabner Austria

F Jussi Jokinen Finland C Patrick Thoresen Norway F Daniel Sedin Sweden

F Marián Hossa Slovakia C Pavel Datsyuk Russia F Per-Åge Skrøder Norway

F Simon Moser Switzerland.

Some big name's missing, but these are players that impressed me during the games and would hold

their own in the NHL.

I'm not sure if any of you watched many games or if you only watched the USA or Canada games. But as i am off work at present with the same injury as Z, i got to watch almost every game. What I did see was every nation play at least twice and I got a good look at some players that we wouldn't see normally. A few players did make an impression on me. Although there were some highly skilled players many of them would be considered to be undersize to stake a claim for an NHL roster spot. To see if any of our opinions on these olympic players match or differ drastically i'd like to enter the scenario that a new NHL franchise has been given the go ahead and the new team can pick 2 players from each of the 12 olympic roster's that took part in Sochi. The roster will consist of 3 NM, 8 D and 13 FWD's of which 4 must be center's.

So here go's

The 2014 Seattle Olympians.

NM Reto Berra Switzerland

NM Edgars Masalskis Latvia

NM Carey Price Canada

D John Carlson USA D Zdeno Chára Slovakia

D Erik Karlsson Sweden D Sabahudin Kovacevic Slovenia

D Olli Määttä Finland D Drew Doughty Canada.

D Matthias Trattnig Austria D Marek Zidlicky Czech

F Phil Kessel USA C Anze Kopitar Slovenia F Lauris Darzins Latvia

F Alexander Radulov Russia C Tomas Plekanec Czech F Michael Grabner Austria

F Jussi Jokinen Finland C Patrick Thoresen Norway F Daniel Sedin Sweden

F Marián Hossa Slovakia C Pavel Datsyuk Russia F Per-Åge Skrøder Norway

F Simon Moser Switzerland.

Some big name's missing, but these are players that impressed me during the games and would hold

their own in the NHL.

Of course they would. Most are nhl players. I thought you were talking about non nhl players in the olympics