• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

2/26 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Good win on the road but that extra point is stinging a little. Oh well, 5 points back of MTL with one game in hand. Tomorrow is going to be a tough game.

and comparing both teams schedules tells me that the gap might close a little more after the next 5 games..now would really be the time to go on a serious win streak

Good win on the road but that extra point is stinging a little. Oh well, 5 points back of MTL with one game in hand. Tomorrow is going to be a tough game.

Meh I'm not too concerned about the that. Wings don't need to pass anybody to get in the playoffs. What's important is that they got 2 more points of separation on the teams behind them and they got a ROW

Edited by chances14

Good win, I'll take it. On a negative note the first line looked horrible. Need someone out there who can actually skate, not one guy coming off injury, another who's a million years old, and the last one injured. Nyquist should've been there the whole time. And also how many times can the Canadiens get away with holding sticks? Jeez. Lots of 5 on 5 though so I enjoy that.

P.s. Love that Nyquist guy, deserved that goal for sure. And watching that post game interview seems like a classy guy.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

GREAT win. Great post-Olympic first game back. They played a very strong road game. They kept it simple. They played smart. Yeah the Montreal goal would hopefully be avoided but it's not about their points, it's about Detroit's points and they earned one more than the Habs tonight.

I really hope this was an identity game because I liked the hard work I saw. The hustle, the smart dump ins, tight checking, good puck support. It's a sprint now to the line. Win the home games and get at least a point on the road.

I know Bert scored and all, but he really looked sloppy out there. Also it wasn't one of Lashoff's best efforts. Smith and Quincey, however, I thought played excellently!

As much as I hate to say it and I would feel queezy if Holland re-signed him, Quincey has played pretty good the past 4-5 games. He's actually making good defensive plays and roughing guys up in the corners without taking stupid penalties.

Nice to get the two points but I gotta say, game was boring as hell.

I didn't think it was boring. Maybe goalwise, but when our kids start burying their chances, look out.

cannot re-sign Quincey. Period. He already makes $3.75m, what are you going to do, pay him more than Kronwall? I don't care what the going rate is, if I am going over $4m, I am getting a better player than Kyle Quincey....

There's nothing in the CBA that would prevent him from taking a pay cut. They had to offer him his current salary when his last contract was up because he was a RFA and they had to make him a qualifying offer that was a 10% raise over his previous deal.

There's nothing in the CBA that would prevent him from taking a pay cut. They had to offer him his current salary when his last contract was up because he was a RFA and they had to make him a qualifying offer that was a 10% raise over his previous deal.

For a bit more we could have had Luke Schenn, who is a pure shutdown D man, reliable in his own zone and a physical beast.

I never thought I'd see the day where Quincey's resigning would be discussed. :lol:

For a bit more we could have had Luke Schenn, who is a pure shutdown D man, reliable in his own zone and a physical beast.

Schenn is a glorified pylon. I had high hopes for him in Toronto but he just seems to have no hockey sense or foot speed.

He couldn't stick with the Leafs and now he can barely crack the Philly lineup. Those are two of the weakest defensive teams.

We need that 2 points. Sucks the new dive got the loser point though.

I don't even think he started the season in the lineup

I know you're new here, but that's common knowledge round these parts.

Edited by rrasco

Schenn can pk and great at home (in front of net) he's a big solid dman sonofawing is right about his speed for sure and makes a great point about philly and marlies lineup, but I think to trade quincy for him would be a win for both teams... I pray we don't resign him,,, before we traded him to Colo he was playing good (mostly offensively) but since he came back its been nothing but a disaster honestly I think him or lashoffs might be weakest links in our lineup smith and lashoff have potential tho, quincy on the other hand is past his prime,