Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2/26 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 1 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#301 ahkmed

ahkmed

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Good win on the road but that extra point is stinging a little. Oh well, 5 points back of MTL with one game in hand. Tomorrow is going to be a tough game.

and comparing both teams schedules tells me that the gap might close a little more after the next 5 games..now would really be the time to go on a serious win streak

#302 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Notes to Kenny:

1. Kids are the answer.
2. Q and Kindl should be traded for Gilbert/Zid and M. Stuart/McQuaid.
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#303 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

Good win on the road but that extra point is stinging a little. Oh well, 5 points back of MTL with one game in hand. Tomorrow is going to be a tough game.

Meh I'm not too concerned about the that. Wings don't need to pass anybody to get in the playoffs. What's important is that they got 2 more points of separation on the teams behind them and they got a ROW

Edited by chances14, 26 February 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#304 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,137 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

I know Bert scored and all, but he really looked sloppy out there.  Also it wasn't one of Lashoff's best efforts.  Smith and Quincey, however, I thought played excellently!

#305 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,912 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

Good win. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#306 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:49 AM

Good win, I'll take it. On a negative note the first line looked horrible. Need someone out there who can actually skate, not one guy coming off injury, another who's a million years old, and the last one injured. Nyquist should've been there the whole time. And also how many times can the Canadiens get away with holding sticks? Jeez. Lots of 5 on 5 though so I enjoy that.

P.s. Love that Nyquist guy, deserved that goal for sure. And watching that post game interview seems like a classy guy.

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero, 27 February 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#307 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:26 AM

GREAT win. Great post-Olympic first game back. They played a very strong road game. They kept it simple. They played smart. Yeah the Montreal goal would hopefully be avoided but it's not about their points, it's about Detroit's points and they earned one more than the Habs tonight. 

I really hope this was an identity game because I liked the hard work I saw. The hustle, the smart dump ins, tight checking, good puck support. It's a sprint now to the line. Win the home games and get at least a point on the road. 

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#308 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

Nice to get the two points but I gotta say, game was boring as hell.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#309 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:39 AM

nyquist calder candidate?

#310 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,904 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

nyquist calder candidate?

No. He got too many games last year. He's not eligible now

#311 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

Like it or not, Quincey is playing well.

Hes got a good case of the "contract yearitus". Hopefully Holland doesnt fall into his trap. Im not holding my breath though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by GoalieManPat, 27 February 2014 - 07:33 AM.

#312 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

I know Bert scored and all, but he really looked sloppy out there.  Also it wasn't one of Lashoff's best efforts.  Smith and Quincey, however, I thought played excellently!

As much as I hate to say it and I would feel queezy if Holland re-signed him, Quincey has played pretty good the past 4-5 games.  He's actually making good defensive plays and roughing guys up in the corners without taking stupid penalties.

Nice to get the two points but I gotta say, game was boring as hell.

I didn't think it was boring.  Maybe goalwise, but when our kids start burying their chances, look out.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#313 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

cannot re-sign Quincey. Period. He already makes $3.75m, what are you going to do, pay him more than Kronwall? I don't care what the going rate is, if I am going over $4m, I am getting a better player than Kyle Quincey....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#314 Ram

Ram

Tots

• Bronze Booster
  • 787 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Goose says, don't put me on the 4th line again!!! Glad he was out there in OT to bury home the winner.

Hope the boys keep it up.

"Hey @Datsyuk13 really bro? On my bday...cmonnnn.. Someone fix that ice in the corner.." - @logancouture

#315 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

cannot re-sign Quincey. Period. He already makes $3.75m, what are you going to do, pay him more than Kronwall? I don't care what the going rate is, if I am going over $4m, I am getting a better player than Kyle Quincey....

There's nothing in the CBA that would prevent him from taking a pay cut.  They had to offer him his current salary when his last contract was up because he was a RFA and they had to make him a qualifying offer that was a 10% raise over his previous deal.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#316 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,292 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:20 AM

There's nothing in the CBA that would prevent him from taking a pay cut.  They had to offer him his current salary when his last contract was up because he was a RFA and they had to make him a qualifying offer that was a 10% raise over his previous deal.

For a bit more we could have had Luke Schenn, who is a pure shutdown D man, reliable in his own zone and a physical beast.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#317 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:49 AM

I never thought I'd see the day where Quincey's resigning would be discussed.  :lol:

For a bit more we could have had Luke Schenn, who is a pure shutdown D man, reliable in his own zone and a physical beast.

Schenn is a glorified pylon.  I had high hopes for him in Toronto but he just seems to have no hockey sense or foot speed.

He couldn't stick with the Leafs and now he can barely crack the Philly lineup. Those are two of the weakest defensive teams.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#318 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

We need that 2 points.  Sucks the new dive got the loser point though.

I don't even think he started the season in the lineup

I know you're new here, but that's common knowledge round these parts.

Edited by rrasco, 27 February 2014 - 12:43 PM.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#319 jimmyemeryhunter

jimmyemeryhunter

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

I think Quincey will take a pay cut.
He's played like garbage.
He knows it.
Maybe hell sign a two year deal to stay here and prove his worth.
But I honestly don't think well get anyone better.

#320 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Schenn can pk and great at home (in front of net) he's a big solid dman sonofawing is right about his speed for sure and makes a great point about philly and marlies lineup, but I think to trade quincy for him would be a win for both teams... I pray we don't resign him,,, before we traded him to Colo he was playing good (mostly offensively) but since he came back its been nothing but a disaster honestly I think him or lashoffs might be weakest links in our lineup smith and lashoff have potential tho, quincy on the other hand is past his prime,