• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

2/26 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 1 (OT)

Rate this topic

Mule and pav both in, good for us.

Price out, good for us.

Nyq on the fourth line?! swap he and bert and I like it a lot more.

or this: mule-pav-abby, nyq-helm-alfie

either way, I'm sure babs does the line shuffle all night long.

& it's time to start stringing together some wins.. what better way to start than against a division playoff contender.

LGW

Unsure about that 1st line. Datsyuk looked good for the most part in the Olympics, but he's certainly not 100% and isn't skating with his usual jump. Franzen hasn't played much in a long time and probably isn't up to speed quite yet. And Bertuzzi is the slowest player in the NHL.

Could be a line that struggles, though it could also be good if they get the puck under control in the offensive zone.

Nyquist on the 4th line only makes sense because he and Andersson have good chemistry, and that line would be too slow if you put Bert on it. 3rd obviously should stay together and Abby-Helm-Alfie have been good in the past.

Anyway, I'm hyped to start things up again. Right back to must-win games. Hopefully with the Olympics over guys like Howard, Kronwall and Ericsson can be 100% focused because we need them to be better and more consistant than they've been over the last month or two.

edit: as for Sproul, I don't think we should throw him in right now. It's the first game back and you don't want to be messing too much with the lineup. Sproul's defensive game still needs a lot of work from what I've read, so I feel like we should bring up Almqvist if we want a d-man that can give us more offense.

Edited by dat's sick

Yes. Now the real hockey begins. Let's be the hottest team after the Olympic break, turn some heads and give the Eastern Conference a scare starting tonight.

And we'll start by putting bertuzzi on the first line and nyquist on the fourth...

Jesus what a mess those lines are. Wouldn't it be nice to be in a situation where just once we knew what our lines were largely going to look like for a prolonged period of time. Like, the lines would be set and if individual players were injured the only question would be which players would step in for the injured guy...not how the injury would affect all four of our lines, plus our scratches, plus who plays in what positions. Ugh. Soooooo old.

A healthy squad representing our Wings seems to be a pipe dream. I remember when we were relatively healthy in November and we smoked the Isles and Bruins and I thought we were starting to come around and click. This stuff really is getting old.

Ted Kulfan @tkulfan 22m

Holland says Datsyuk and Franzen are in tonite given no setbacks during morning skate

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 9m

Lines at skate at Bell Centre: Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi, Abdelkader-Helm-Alfredsson, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Andersson-Nyquist.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 8m

Looks like Eaves, Cleary and Glendening are out based in how they're skating but that's not confirmed.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 5m

Defense pairs are Ericsson-Kronwall, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Smith.

Nyquist on the fourth line? What the?

Yeah that's weird. Switch him and Tuzzi. No Cleary in the lineup is nice though.

Holmstrom to this day would still be more effective than half of those guys in the lineup. Can this year be over?

I think you're exaggerating. Other than Bert on the 1st line that's a good lineup. I think Bert may be getting his last chance here. He's been good with Pavel before, he needs to be again if he wants to play when Weiss returns.

I think you're exaggerating. Other than Bert on the 1st line that's a good lineup. I think Bert may be getting his last chance here. He's been good with Pavel before, he needs to be again if he wants to play when Weiss returns.

Agreed. Hopefully Bert's had a good rest. He even looked good at times earlier this season in a limited role so I'm hoping he can return to that.

Agreed. Hopefully Bert's had a good rest. He even looked good at times earlier this season in a limited role so I'm hoping he can return to that.

I agree. At times Bert has been quietly effective this year, most prominently on the PP as just a big body screening to goalie. But yea I feel this may be his last go round if he wants to try and stay in the lineup