Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

2/26 GDT - Red Wings 2 at Canadiens 1 (OT)

• Please log in to reply
319 replies to this topic

#41 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,669 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'm okay with Bert as a 4th line grinder.....not a 1st line starter. Makes zero sense. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#42 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Our two biggest guys on Datsyuk's wings.... It seems like Babs doesn't think Datsyuk will be effective in the gritty areas tonight.

#43 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Ted Kulfan @tkulfan 22m

Holland says Datsyuk and Franzen are in tonite given no setbacks during morning skate

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 9m

Lines at skate at Bell Centre: Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi, Abdelkader-Helm-Alfredsson, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Andersson-Nyquist.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 8m

Looks like Eaves, Cleary and Glendening are out based in how they're skating but that's not confirmed.

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 5m

Defense pairs are Ericsson-Kronwall, Quincey-DeKeyser, Lashoff-Smith.

Nyquist on the fourth line?  What the?

Yeah that's weird.  Switch him and Tuzzi.  No Cleary in the lineup is nice though.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#44 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Holmstrom to this day would still be more effective than half of those guys in the lineup. Can this year be over?

#45 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

Jesus christ Bert? OMG babs just punch me in the nuts and get it over with. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#46 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Holmstrom to this day would still be more effective than half of those guys in the lineup. Can this year be over?

I think you're exaggerating. Other than Bert on the 1st line that's a good lineup. I think Bert may be getting his last chance here. He's been good with Pavel before, he needs to be again if he wants to play when Weiss returns.

#47 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

I think you're exaggerating. Other than Bert on the 1st line that's a good lineup. I think Bert may be getting his last chance here. He's been good with Pavel before, he needs to be again if he wants to play when Weiss returns.

Agreed.  Hopefully Bert's had a good rest.  He even looked good at times earlier this season in a limited role so I'm hoping he can return to that.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#48 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Yeah that's weird.  Switch him and Tuzzi.  No Cleary in the lineup is nice though.

Franzen and Bert on the same line scares me. Why not put Franzen with Tatar, they seemed to have good chemistry before Franzen got hurt. 

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#49 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 910 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

Agreed.  Hopefully Bert's had a good rest.  He even looked good at times earlier this season in a limited role so I'm hoping he can return to that.

I agree. At times Bert has been quietly effective this year, most prominently on the PP as just a big body screening to goalie. But yea I feel this may be his last go round if he wants to try and stay in the lineup

temp 1

#50 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:32 PM

Nyquist on the fourth line?  What the?

Yeah, that seriously better not be the case.

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#51 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

I guess scoring 9 goals in 10 games=demotion

#52 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

I think people forget how fast line combos can change in a game.

Crosby is a crybaby *****

#53 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

I'm okay with Bert as a 4th line grinder.....not a 1st line starter. Makes zero sense. 

Except he can't play a 4th line grinder role.  He's better suited to playing with a skilled center.  I'm ok with giving him a shot there (though not with Nyquist on the 4th line) as long as Babcock doesn't elave him there for 2 weeks when it's not working, and as long as Nyquist takes some shifts in Bertuzzi's spot.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#54 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:32 PM

I think people forget how fast line combos can change in a game.

I agree, but with the injuries we should be starting our best lineup, and that is for Nyquist to be on the top line. We cannot afford to fall behind in the score with some of the players we are missing and our scoring issues.

#55 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

I agree, but with the injuries we should be starting our best lineup, and that is for Nyquist to be on the top line. We cannot afford to fall behind in the score with some of the players we are missing and our scoring issues.

It should be:

Gus- Pav- Bert

Franzen- Sheahan- Tatar

Alfie- Helm- Abby

Eaves- Glendening- Miller

With Franzen coming back I think Jurco and Andersson should be scratched not Eaves and Glendening.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#56 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:07 PM

I would like to see:
Abdelkader Datsyuk Franzen
Alfredson Helm Nyqvist
Tatar Sheahan Jurco
Miller Glendening Eaves

#57 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Looks like the Griffins need Sproul more than ever now.

Marchenko out for the year...

http://www.mlive.com...rchenko_ou.html

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#58 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,640 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

Bert sucks...lets put him in as an experiment against a division rival who we are chasing... Do we really need to start out on this foot Babs?

How quickly you turn back into a very stupid coach...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#59 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

I would like to see:
Abdelkader Datsyuk Franzen
Alfredson Helm Nyqvist
Tatar Sheahan Jurco
Miller Glendening Eaves

I'm really over Pav playing with Abby, they just don't complement each other well. Plus I don't think he should be playing on the first line.

#60 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Franzen and Bert on the same line scares me. Why not put Franzen with Tatar, they seemed to have good chemistry before Franzen got hurt. 

The line of Mule-Helm-Tatar gave LGW hope earlier in the year when there wasn't much.

I'm really over Pav playing with Abby, they just don't complement each other well. Plus I don't think he should be playing on the first line.

Dats likes Abs cause of his forecheck. And his offensive skills keep improving. He's a guy that the other guys want to play with cause his work ethic is contagious.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.