• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dat's sick

2/27 GDT : Red Wings 6 at Senators 1, Franzen w/Hat Trick

Rate this topic

Big win tonight, good that Toronto lost in OT so we can gain a little ground on them. Great game by the Mule, hope he doesn't disappear and can actually keep lighting the lamp on a consistent basis from now on.

Also I love the Jurco-Sheahan-Tats line, they play so well together.

Where is all the Franzen haters at today? Him and his stupid extremely low 3.9 cap hit need to be traded I thought? For Elder?

Everyone loves this Franzen. They just wish he'd show up more often.

The Wings will be paying that cap hit until 2020 when Mule is 40 years old. Financing a car for 11 years so the payments are small doesn't mean it's a bargain, especially when you're making the same 3.9 payment for the broken down version in years 9, 10 and 11.

His regular season production has been good, but playoff beast mule hasn't been seen for three seasons now. He's looking more like a .4 playoff PPG guy who had three extraordinary postseasons, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

So anyone else think that Jurco has locked down his spot on the big club next season already? Personally, I would rather see some of the prospects out of waiver eligibility next season be exposed (i.e. Callahan, Ferraro, Almquist) than have him start the season in GR.

Yep. Watching him yesterday I was thinking to myself, wow wait until this kid has a couple years experience in the NHL, he's going to be "real good" for us. He's big, fast, strong, hits, wicked shot, good stick handling, good vision.

Everyone loves this Franzen. They just wish he'd show up more often.

The Wings will be paying that cap hit until 2020 when Mule is 40 years old. Financing a car for 11 years so the payments are small doesn't mean it's a bargain, especially when you're making the same 3.9 payment for the broken down version in years 9, 10 and 11.

His regular season production has been good, but playoff beast mule hasn't been seen for three seasons now. He's looking more like a .4 playoff PPG guy who had three extraordinary postseasons, but I'd love for him to prove me wrong.

You know that he's making $2 mil, $1 mil, and $1 mil the last 3 years of his contract, right?

You know that he's making $2 mil, $1 mil, and $1 mil the last 3 years of his contract, right?

yup. And he's making $5 million now.

But the last 3 years of his contract the cap hit is still the $3.9 mill, which was my point. His contract isn't some huge bargain just because it looks like a great deal now. His cap hit is low right now compared to his production but will likely be overvalued towards the end of the contract.

Ideally the cap will go back up enough it won't matter if they're taking a big hit for a broken down Mule, assuming he's still even on the roster. Under the new CBA won't his cap hit still count even if he retires? I can't remember all the details.

So anyone else think that Jurco has locked down his spot on the big club next season already? Personally, I would rather see some of the prospects out of waiver eligibility next season be exposed (i.e. Callahan, Ferraro, Almquist) than have him start the season in GR.

It depends on what they do in free agency. They have 4 open spots going into next year unless they trade roster players, and 4 players who have spent time in GR this year who would need to clear waivers. Sheahan has a spot. I think Callahan will have to play his way off the team. I think that Ferraro and Glendening would both clear waivers if they don't make the team, and losing either isn't going to be a big deal if they are claimed. I think they're going to add one player, whether that's Alfredsson coming back or someone else. So:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-FA

Franzen-Weiss-Nyquist

Tatar-Helm-Abdelkader

Miller-Andersson-Sheahan

2 of Callahan, Glendening, Ferraro

That leaves Jurco in GR as the first injury call up.

yup. but the cap hit is still the $3.9 mill, which was my point. His contract isn't some huge bargain just because it looks like a great deal now. His cap hit is low right now for his production but will likely be overvalued towards the end of the contract.

Ideally the cap will go back up enough it won't matter if they're taking a big hit for a broken down Mule, assuming he's still even on the roster. Under the new CBA won't his cap hit still count even if he retires? I can't remember all the details.

The cap is expected to take a huge jump because of the new TV deal. $4 mil isn't going to be huge.

If he retires, there's a recapture penalty of about $3 mil a season if he doesn't play the last 2 or 3 years of the contract. Trading him won't reduce that.

Holland really need to bring in some muscle. We shouldnt need to hide Datsyuk in games like this. The refs will not care either.

I don't think the Wings were "hiding" Datsyuk. He's injured, no reason to play him in that third period. When you're playing against a dirty team that has been embarrassed at home in a huge game sometimes even having an enforcer wouldn't help much. Neil and Cowen are idiots and why take that chance? I mean Neil was taking head shots at a guy that just came off a concussion. You can't really do much about idiots like him.

Oh and I don't know if this was mentioned yet but the Wings and Sens both won on the road and both with scores of 4-2 and 6-1, that's really awkward.

The cap is expected to take a huge jump because of the new TV deal. $4 mil isn't going to be huge.

If he retires, there's a recapture penalty of about $3 mil a season if he doesn't play the last 2 or 3 years of the contract. Trading him won't reduce that.

But trading him (which I'm not even really suggesting) makes it someone else's recapture penalty, doesn't it?

I just get tired of hearing what a huge bargain he is for $3.9 million, as if he's on a 3-year deal or something. It ignores the size and length of that contract he received, which is a massive commitment and contains certain risks. If Mule's regular season production dips then his value vs. contract very quickly gets flipped.

In the end I think it'll turn out to be a good contract. But he's not a steal.

But trading him (which I'm not even really suggesting) makes it someone else's recapture penalty, doesn't it?

I just get tired of hearing what a huge bargain he is for $3.9 million, as if he's on a 3-year deal or something. It ignores the size and length of that contract he received, which is a massive commitment and contains certain risks. If Mule's regular season production dips then his value vs. contract very quickly gets flipped.

In the end I think it'll turn out to be a good contract. But he's not a steal.

Not by much, because the Wings are the team benefiting most from his salary being higher than his cap hit. If he's traded this year at the deadline, his new team will have a $259k hit, the Wings will have a hit of just under $2.7 mil.

He's scoring 27 or 28 goals a season and plays solid defense for a $4 mil cap hit and a $5 mil salary. That is fantastic value.

I don't think the Wings were "hiding" Datsyuk. He's injured, no reason to play him in that third period. When you're playing against a dirty team that has been embarrassed at home in a huge game sometimes even having an enforcer wouldn't help much. Neil and Cowen are idiots and why take that chance? I mean Neil was taking head shots at a guy that just came off a concussion. You can't really do much about idiots like him.Oh and I don't know if this was mentioned yet but the Wings and Sens both won on the road and both with scores of 4-2 and 6-1, that's really awkward.

To me that sends a strange message. If Datsyuk is in that bad shape should he play at all? Dirty teams will be dirty, blowout or not. Imagine if the Red Wings would face the Sens in a playoff series. That would wear us down. An enforcer would give Neil something else to think about besides targeting our top players. That would help tremendously in my opinion.

Where is all the Franzen haters at today? Him and his stupid extremely low 3.9 cap hit need to be traded I thought? For Elder?

Don't get me wrong, I"m by no means a Mule basher. But even if he scored two hat tricks last night I'd still trade him straight up for Edler.

Edler's having an off year, and is on an arc similar to Bouwmeester's while he was with Calgary (great defensemen, underperforming). Look what happened there!

The other thing? Edler's only 27.

All moot though because Gillis would not make that trade.

Edited by rick zombo

No way trade franzen for edler!! Who ever is screaming to trade the mule is not a true wings fan(sry)... Someone mentioned he takes plays off and doesn't show up always, I agree, but in the playoffs hes always there, I can't imagine giving him away for edler the nucks would be hellalucky, but he would fit perfect there with the sisters (hard to imagine he wouldn't)