• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

Osgood is beyond boring. Completely monotone. I never liked Murph that much, but the difference between whats in the hand and the bush I guess.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#22 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:38 PM

797hm_zps7343b587.jpg

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#23 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:51 AM

797hm_zps7343b587.jpg

I think you just won the internet this evening...

:w00t2:

#24 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,807 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

I really liked Darren Elliott when he was in the booth with Daniels.  He's a lot more exciting to listen to than Ozzy.

#25 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:33 PM

Osgood is a terrible color guy. He needs to stay at the intermission desk. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#26 wings4thecup06

wings4thecup06

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

I have no issues with Ozzie really, but he just has a bit of a monotone voice. But it's his first year, I'm sure he'll improve. I was really bummed when I heard that they let Murph go, really enjoyed listening to him, especially the excitement surrounding dollar hot dog night! I had completely forgotten how excited he used to get over that! 

temp 1

#27 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:06 AM

It could be worse, he could have a hidden repetitious word that he uses in every sentence, including "like, um, ah, but" or "you know". 

He could be like reporting something and then like says something over and over that like he doesn't notice. Once you realize he's saying it like over and over you like can't unhear it. 

As he's new to the field stuff like this he'll receive constructive criticism about and he'll get a bit more comfortable over time. I can't imagine how difficult a job like that is.

Could make a solid drinking game of out if, drink every time Osgood says "very" during a broadcast.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#28 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

It could be worse, he could have a hidden repetitious word that he uses in every sentence, including "like, um, ah, but" or "you know". 

He could be like reporting something and then like says something over and over that like he doesn't notice. Once you realize he's saying it like over and over you like can't unhear it. 

As he's new to the field stuff like this he'll receive constructive criticism about and he'll get a bit more comfortable over time. I can't imagine how difficult a job like that is.

Could make a solid drinking game of out if, drink every time Osgood says "very" during a broadcast. We would die from alcohol poisoning in the first period.

I like how you like, used the word like in that sentence.  Here's one that's similar to 'like' you'll read all the time in player interviews, "kind of".  They always just 'kind of' do something, "I was skating hard towards the net and then I just kind of fell back after being knocked over".  No.  You either did or did not do that...no kind of.  Although not as bad as basketball with the 'you know what I'm sayings'.

#29 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Pretty much all hockey players have the same lines.  "We just have to play our game..."  Ozzie was far more eloquent and funny as a player because there was no pressure to be coherent in interviews.  Now he's on the hot seat to make cogent observations and be informative.  Much harder than it looks, no doubt.

Ozzie will be OK.  But he will never, ever be another Mickey Redmond. 

Nor will anyone else, to be fair.  ;)

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#30 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

Bring in McCarty for some games...rotate it up

#31 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

I actually think he's been a lot better lately. Maybe he read some of our posts...

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#32 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:33 PM

Today I heard him say "very, very" twice.

#33 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 09:35 PM

In the game against Toronto the other day, in the first break to him and Darren, when it came time for Chris to speak, he said very 5 times in the first 4 sentences, with two very, verys... I just stopped watching and walked away... very, very fast...

Edited by LAWings, 20 March 2014 - 09:36 PM.

#34 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

He seemed more relaxed and better tonight. Normally he is so idk what's the word. Maybe monotone. And has a deathly stare directly at camera and doesn't move his line of sight at all.

Whereas tonight he just seemed more relaxed and much better.

But before even with his negatives I like what he brings he is very intelligent and knows hockey.

I do wish we had a position players perspective though. All we got is goalies it seems and of course Mickey!

#35 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 11:51 PM

yeah man you just said it. Why does he stare the camera dead in the middle? He comes across so awkwardly out there

Edited by canadian wings fan, 20 March 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#36 DRW Dominance

DRW Dominance

Yzerman=God

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:54 AM

it's hilarious now because i actually watch for it.  it is very very bad though.

naked is a state of mind

#37 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:26 AM

Unfortunately, Osgood is a very, very bad play by play guy. Last night vs Buff was the worst I could remember

#38 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

797hm_zps7343b587.jpg

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#39 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,810 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

Osgood is just fine.....What are people here expecting?

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#40 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:14 PM

He's a great commentator.  The problem is he has a lot of last-minute very's compared to other commentators, and don't get me started on his very bad-passes.  Probably bottom five in that stat for all commentators league-wide.