• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#41 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:17 PM

At the rate our players are dropping like flies, it would be awesome if he actually played in the NHL this year. I don't know if he's ready but players do sometimes jump right in.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#42 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:23 AM

Even Wings scouts saying he could be a wing next year.

Like, holy s***, that young number 1 Scorer could be here in august. Not only are we, but management is real high on him.

Yzerman 2.0?

#43 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:05 PM

#Redwings Jiří Fischer visited Anthony Mantha a few weeks ago and told him he will be coming up to Detroit once his #LHJMQ playoffs are over

Edited by marcaractac, 11 March 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#44 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 03:22 PM

#Redwings Jiří Fischer visited Anthony Mantha a few weeks ago and told him he will be coming up to Detroit once his #LHJMQ playoffs are over

O.O cool

#45 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

If they plan on having Mantha up full-time next season I think we see some trades happen. We would have an overloaded forward group as we stand now. Might be time to pull the trigger on a dman trade with some other assets (Abby/Helm+picks, prospects) if he is ready to take a spot in the big club. 

C's - Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss, Legwand?, Helm, Sheahan, Andersson, (Glendening?)

W's - Franzen, Alfie?, Tatar, Nyquist, Abby, Miller, (Jurco?), (Mantha?), (Ferraro/Callahan?)

Lots of goodies in the forwards group. I think Holland wants to assess Mantha's readiness before moving some players for a Dman in the offseason.

Edit: Pulkkinen is also pushing for a spot soon too. So much talent with so few roster spots.

Edited by dirtydangles, 11 March 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#46 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

If they plan on having Mantha up full-time next season I think we see some trades happen. We would have an overloaded forward group as we stand now. Might be time to pull the trigger on a dman trade with some other assets (Abby/Helm+picks, prospects) if he is ready to take a spot in the big club. 

C's - Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Weiss, Legwand?, Helm, Sheahan, Andersson, (Glendening?)

W's - Franzen, Alfie?, Tatar, Nyquist, Abby, Miller, (Jurco?), (Mantha?), (Ferraro/Callahan?)

Lots of goodies in the forwards group. I think Holland wants to assess Mantha's readiness before moving some players for a Dman in the offseason.

Edit: Pulkkinen is also pushing for a spot soon too. So much talent with so few roster spots.

My guess is they'll see what Mantha can do in the NHL before they make any trades

#47 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:34 PM

tumblr_myas2t8DPM1qzab45o4_r1_250.giftumblr_myas2t8DPM1qzab45o8_250.gif

#48 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

My guess is they'll see what Mantha can do in the NHL before they make any trades

Thats what I'm saying too.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#49 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

If he is coming up to the wings, it will be to watch games.  He won't be playing in them.  He has a rather large learning curve ahead of him.  I would rather see them take their time rather than try to rush him and destroy his confidence.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#50 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:47 PM

If he is coming up to the wings, it will be to watch games.  He won't be playing in them.  He has a rather large learning curve ahead of him.  I would rather see them take their time rather than try to rush him and destroy his confidence.

Maybe he can play in the NHL ? We won't know if we don't play him.

#51 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:48 PM

That's not the Red Wings way. If they feel he isn't ready they won't play him. However there are those special players out there that can transition immediately.

#52 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

That's true but the Wings haven't had a prospect like Mantha since Datsyuk and Zetterberg, both of whom made the jump straight to the NHL. I'm not sure if their respective leagues were equivalent to the juniors or not, but it's entirely possible that Mantha might be an exception Holland is willing to make.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#53 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:27 PM

Well his team is 1 point out of 1st in their division and can mve into first tonight.

#54 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Could he be much worse than Bertuzzi? At least he can skate.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#55 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:23 PM

"Tony, we're calling you up to the Wings cause you're super good. Perhaps Zetterberg Datsyuk good. But we like our team right now, so just sit in the press box and kick tires instead of playing hockey...ok?"
- Kenneth Holland

#56 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

He may play. With the way our guys are dropping like flies....... Abby and Sheahan both played a game or 2 after their college seasons ended.

#57 PumpkinEscobar

PumpkinEscobar

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:36 PM

Problem is Wings season could be over before Val'Dor's

#58 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

These are his stats after tonight's game. He could finish the season a goal per game.

56+62 = 118 points in 56 games

#59 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

Could he be much worse than Bertuzzi? At least he can skate.

No ones really worried about Bertuzzi's confidence.

#60 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,210 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:28 PM

I know Maltby scored 50 goals in the CHL. But a goal a game is something to be excited about