• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Mckinley25

Mckinley25

4th Line Grinder

• Bronze Booster
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

I know Maltby scored 50 goals in the CHL. But a goal a game is something to be excited about

I would take a player as good as Maltby right now.

#62 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,531 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:35 AM

Anthony Mantha named QMJHL MVP at Golden Puck Awards   http://www.theglobea...rticle17785415/
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#63 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:49 AM

I wonder If Holland is still considering calling him up this season. Not that we need him, but if we lock up a playoff spot it might be a good idea to let him play the last game. Then again, our team is finally developing great chemistry.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#64 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:28 AM

I wonder If Holland is still considering calling him up this season. Not that we need him, but if we lock up a playoff spot it might be a good idea to let him play the last game. Then again, our team is finally developing great chemistry.

Unless he walks into Grand Rapids and scores a hat trick in his first 3 games Id say you have a better chance of winning the lottery than seeing him with the Wings. Remember hes been playing against kids. Lets see how he does against men in the AHL.

#65 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

There was a rumor going around that he was to go to the Wings, not the Griffin, once his season was done. Coming from Fischer. But it wasn't very specific, so we dont know, if true, if that meant he was going to watch, soak in the atmosphere, or play. Why come up here when he could play with GR and get playoff experience there? It just seemed strange. But if ever the Wings would take a chance on someone it's this season and the player would be Mantha.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#66 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 09:53 AM

There was a rumor going around that he was to go to the Wings, not the Griffin, once his season was done. Coming from Fischer. But it wasn't very specific, so we dont know, if true, if that meant he was going to watch, soak in the atmosphere, or play. Why come up here when he could play with GR and get playoff experience there? It just seemed strange. But if ever the Wings would take a chance on someone it's this season and the player would be Mantha.

It might mean that they didn't plan for him to play for the Griffs in the AHL playoffs either.  If he's going to sit & watch, why not have him do it with the big club at this point?

#67 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

It might mean that they didn't plan for him to play for the Griffs in the AHL playoffs either.  If he's going to sit & watch, why not have him do it with the big club at this point?

Probably this is true

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#68 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:25 PM

I'll stick my neck out and say that Mantha will be on the Wings roster by xmas.

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#69 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

That's entirely possible.  But wouldn't they rather have him play for the Griffins? It's not like it'd hurt them or him.

#70 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:41 PM

I say don't skip steps with him. Let him transition and learn how to carry the mail and be The Guy at the next level, the ah, like he's been doing in the Q. Confidence is a strange thing, often times when it's lost it's never regained, that's why sports psychology is such a huge industry now.