• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Namingway

Ryan Miller, Steve Ott traded to St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

What has he done in Buffalo? What is he going to do in ST. Louis? Nothing much he's going to have to play every night. He hasn't got the job done for years in Buffalo. Buffalo had a good team not the best but a good team none the less. This is only a Trade. It looks good on paper. You have to play. You can't say that just because they make this type of a trade that they are going to win it all. Jimmy Howard and Jonas Gustavsson is better than Ryan Miller ever will be sorry. When there on there game you can't beat them. Sorry Detroit's better I want the Red Wings to Play St. Louis will beat them every single game!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sick of people saying that oh my god there going to do this and that play first talk later I mean come on people!!!!!!!!

Bottom line I feel sorry for Halak a guy who worked his ass off for the Blues and now get's to now miss the playoffs. The NHL is a business I guess.

Hope we make a Splash in this years Trade Deadline this year looks like we won't be sadly as I don't think Ken Holland knows how to make trades anymore. Salary Cap really? That's going to go to 71 Million I believe next year just get someone we have the room... Enough said everyone!!

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986

so that's what its like to have a GM with balls...

would have gladly swapped Jimmy for Miller in a package. .

Would have cost a lot more than just Jimmy. Besides, goaltending isn't the Red Wings issue. Jimmy has largely been much better since the new year.

Would have cost a lot more than just Jimmy. Besides, goaltending isn't the Red Wings issue. Jimmy has largely been much better since the new year.

Exactly. Plus, Miller is UFA at the end of the season isn't he? Not a big deal for the Blues, as if Miller walks they still have a very good goalie. We would have one with very limited NHL experience

Blues are so stacked now. I just can't see them losing to anyone unless there's key injuries or players under perform drastically.

I wouldn't be surprised if Miller plays outstanding runs away with Vezina and wins a Stanley Cup then signs huge contract elsewhere

They have potentially 2 Norris finalists

Ok, I guess you guys need to set me straight because I am seeing a large overpayment from the Blues....

• Miller (age 33) is an upgrade over Halak (age 28) but I think their value is quite close.
  • Stewart is a top 6 forward and has more value than Ott who is a bottom 6 forward.
  • Prospect and two draft picks (one being a 1st rounder)

What am I missing here? :confused:

Edited by unsaddleddonald

They got good value for a guy who was going to walk in a few months anyway. Stewart and Hitchcock have a history of not getting along, so moving him might be addition by subtraction in their eyes.

Miller hasn't done anything in Buffalo because it's Buffalo. he can only play one position, he can't make the defense defend or the forwards score.

Howard for Miller would have been horrible for the Wings.

Ok, I guess you guys need to set me straight because I am seeing a large overpayment from the Blues....

• Miller (age 33) is an upgrade over Halak (age 28) but I think their value is quite close.
  • Stewart is a top 6 forward and has more value than Ott who is a bottom 6 forward.

The improvement on the defense side of things. They'll be a wall.

Guest Playmaker

Aren't they already pretty solid defensively already? I think the Blues were a contender already and I'm not sure that Miller was really the missing piece.

Agreed.

1. Stewart > OTT

2. Miller was not going to re-sign in Buffalo so you need to get something

3. Plus picks: 1 guaranteed 1st, and one that has a good probability of being a 1st

Good trade for Buffalo

Yes but Blues are stacked and they want to win now

Well of course. That's the nature of these deals. They're stacked now but they just potentially subtracted 3 top prospects from their pool. Imagine if we lost Pulkinnen, Mantha, and Jarnkrok right now. Anyway not saying it's a bad move. Right now it's a great move, who knows how the future will turn out.

They got good value for a guy who was going to walk in a few months anyway. Stewart and Hitchcock have a history of not getting along, so moving him might be addition by subtraction in their eyes.

Miller hasn't done anything in Buffalo because it's Buffalo. he can only play one position, he can't make the defense defend or the forwards score.

Howard for Miller would have been horrible for the Wings.

Really?

alfred-hitchcock-and-james-stewart.jpg

Well of course. That's the nature of these deals. They're stacked now but they just potentially subtracted 3 top prospects from their pool. Imagine if we lost Pulkinnen, Mantha, and Jarnkrok right now. Anyway not saying it's a bad move. Right now it's a great move, who knows how the future will turn out.

Who has ever heard about Carrier before? They haven't given up much also the first is conditional if Miller re-signs OR they at least make it to the conference finals to me the deal is fair and a win-win for both clubs, but the Sabres are running the risk offturning into the oilers = lots of good picks but no veterans to guide them.