• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Son of a Wing

Pat LaFontaine Resigns as Pres of Hockey Op. for Buffalo

Rate this topic

BUFFALO, N.Y. (March 1, 2014) --- The Buffalo Sabres today announced Pat LaFontaine has resigned his position with the Buffalo Sabres to resume his previous role with the National Hockey League.

“I would like to thank Pat for all he has done for the organization,” said Buffalo Sabres owner Terry Pegula. “Pat joined us at a very difficult time and helped transition the organization down a new path. Tim Murray will continue as General Manager and Craig Patrick will continue as a Senior Hockey Advisor. As has been the case since I bought the team, we’ll continue to do whatever is needed to rebuild the organization and keep it on path towards our ultimate goal of winning the Stanley Cup.”

“Terry Pegula hired me in November and my primary objective was to lead the Sabres organization through a time of transition,” said Pat LaFontaine. “I'm proud of what we've been able to accomplish in a short period of time and want to thank Terry and Kim Pegula for the opportunity and their support during my time with the Sabres. I also want to convey my best wishes to all of the players in the Sabres organization and to wish them the best of success in the future. Most importantly, I want to convey my heartfelt appreciation to the great fans of the Sabres for the way I have been treated here as a player and as an executive.”

Link

Weird....

Edited by Son of a Wing

Strange timing ...

Link

In a rather stunning turn of events after the Buffalo Sabres pulled off a blockbuster trade Friday, the team announced Pat LaFontaine resigned from his post as president of hockey operations. According to the Sabres, LaFontaine will resume his role with the NHL, which he held prior to joining the team.

The resignation comes on the heels of a disagreement about the future of Ryan Miller, who the team dealt with captain Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues Friday for a large return package, according to Ren Lavoie of TVA Sports.

This doesn't really surprise me, if Miller and Ott were traded without Lala being on board with that decision. Once again, Buffalo loses all they really had: a stellar goalie who won games for them they shouldn't have been in at all. Very sad for the franchise and players.

Let's go, Buffalo. :sleepy:

Edited by puckloo39

Link

In a rather stunning turn of events after the Buffalo Sabres pulled off a blockbuster trade Friday, the team announced Pat LaFontaine resigned from his post as president of hockey operations. According to the Sabres, LaFontaine will resume his role with the NHL, which he held prior to joining the team.

The resignation comes on the heels of a disagreement about the future of Ryan Miller, who the team dealt with captain Steve Ott to the St. Louis Blues Friday for a large return package, according to Ren Lavoie of TVA Sports.

Who is Ren Lavoie of TVA Sports, is he an 'Insider'? His name is associated with a lot of breaking news lately ... this and the Kesler asking for trade thing.

I'm guessing it's so they can get a new GM in before the trade deadline.

Um. That'd be Tim Murray. He's been on the job for less than 2 months and just made the Miller/Ott trade.

Doubting he's getting that short of a leash from Buffalo seeing how Darcy got 17 years with the team.

Future islanders gm?

Would be really surprised at that as LaFontaine (then Special Advisor to the Owner) quit the Islanders in 2006 when Charles Wang fired Neil Smith, just a month after his hire. (He replaced Mike Millbury) Garth Snow became GM.

I'm guessing Wang and LaFontaine probably did not see eye to eye on a great many things then... and probably wouldn't now... or ever.

Weird timing but if the GM and president of hockey aren't on the same page something gotta give. Maybe Benning would have been the better choice?

I feel bad for Pegula he is investing so much money into this team and they are complete mess and now even their management is playing might games. If I were him I'd clear house and make sure that the highly paid front office is on the same page.

Weird timing but if the GM and president of hockey aren't on the same page something gotta give. Maybe Benning would have been the better choice? I feel bad for Pegula he is investing so much money into this team and they are complete mess and now even their management is playing might games. If I were him I'd clear house and make sure that the highly paid front office is on the same page.

Just my opinion, but I think Pegula is going in the right direction with Murray. LaFontaine's decision to resign may have had nothing to do with the Miller/Ott trade, but some of his decisions in the past seem to point to the fact that if he doesn't like the direction the team he's working for or playing for isn't going in the direction that he'd like. He'll either pack up his stuff and go home... or not report to camp. ...just my opinion though.