• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
unsaddleddonald

Marty St. Louis wants out because The Captain hurt his feelings

Rate this topic

Before we go any further in this thread, everyone realizes that this is RYAN LAMBERT of PUCK DADDY, correct? The journalism over there is a joke, and Lambert is the worst of them all.

Yeah, Lambert is a piece of work. Wing hater too.

I see why St. Louis would be ticked off but to demand a trade because of that is juvenile and a bit of a diva. If he wants to be traded, trade him to a bottom feeder team.

Won't work he has full NTC clause and according to reports he would only waive it for the Rangers.

That's not what happened. The Red Wings were working on a trade with Ottawa and kept Yzerman in the dark about it. And Yashin was supposedly the name involved in the deal, not Alfredsson.

Yzerman was obviously upset but his only requests were that the trade not drag on, and if he was traded he hoped he would go to a contender. It wasn't about forgiving Yzerman. The fans were mostly outraged when they found out. it was forgiving Bowman and Wings management. I think it was Ilitch who ended up killing the deal.

The only similarity is both St. Louis and Yzerman both played their asses of for their team while the drama was going on.

As for Marty St. Louis, he has been a class act all of his career, so him asking for a trade because his feelings got hurt doesn't ring true. Or at least sounds oversimplified. It could very well have been that as a 38 year old, once he found out he wasn't getting a chance at a gold medal he wanted to be traded to have another shot at the Stanley Cup.

Who knows.

In my early morning typing I made the mistake of Alfie and yes he didn't ask to be traded but the rest is correct about problems with Bowman, it was pretty big deal back then. Yzerman was a points monster, but was having problems with Bowmans system, which would cause a reduction in points by playing the full defensive ice in order to win (and not just get points). There was tension and it was well known. Yzerman finally bought into the system and the rest is history.

http://www.the6thsens.com/2009-articles/november/yzerman-to-ottawa.html

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Yzerman

"When Scotty Bowman took over as coach in 1993, Yzerman initially chafed under Bowman's stern coaching style. Bowman, for his part, felt that Yzerman was not concentrating enough on defence; Bowman had long expected his forwards to be good back-checkers as well. Relations between the two became so strained that at one point, the Red Wings seriously considered trading him to the then-moribund Ottawa Senators."

In my early morning typing I made the mistake of Alfie and yes he didn't ask to be traded but the rest is correct about problems with Bowman, it was pretty big deal back then. Yzerman was a points monster, but was having problems with Bowmans system, which would cause a reduction in points by playing the full defensive ice in order to win (and not just get points). There was tension and it was well known. Yzerman finally bought into the system and the rest is history.

http://www.the6thsens.com/2009-articles/november/yzerman-to-ottawa.html

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Yzerman

"When Scotty Bowman took over as coach in 1993, Yzerman initially chafed under Bowman's stern coaching style. Bowman, for his part, felt that Yzerman was not concentrating enough on defence; Bowman had long expected his forwards to be good back-checkers as well. Relations between the two became so strained that at one point, the Red Wings seriously considered trading him to the then-moribund Ottawa Senators."

I never argued that there wasn't tension between Bowman and Yzerman. I remember it well, and it's well established that several players on the team weren't happy with Bowman's defense first system. Especially after they got their ass handed to them by the Devils in the Cup finals. . Some even think the potential Ottawa trade was more of Bowman pulling a Herb Brooks move (when he threatened to cut team captain Eruzione on the 1980 Olympic squad) than something the Wings actually would follow through with.

But there's a big difference between a player not getting along with a coach and saying that player demanded a trade.

I'm reading that most Tampa fans aren't exactly fond of MSL at this point.

Probably because a lot of Bolts fans are transplanted Michiganders/Ontarioans(?) that like The Captain better. They also see that he has built a quality team & can't stand that MSL is throwing a hissy........

Well I've read somewhere that MSL got pissed again, because he didn't get enough first line minutes on Crosbys line serioulsy if that's the case f*** you MSL. I mean, you are on a team loaded with superstars and you are not entitled to anything if Crosby at Toews are working their asses off on the defensive side of the game you better do it too. Want to be mad at someone? Be mad at your coaches the GM jobs isn't to play Jini for you spoiled LITTLE brat.

Glad Y robbed Sather big time, f*** you MSL++

tumblr_lin4utWu8K1qhnyjso1_500.gif#cartm

Edited by frankgrimes

Well I've read somewhere that MSL got pissed again, because he didn't get enough first line minutes on Crosbys line serioulsy if that's the case f*** you MSL. I mean, you are on a team loaded with superstars and you are not entitled to anything if Crosby at Toews are working their asses off on the defensive side of the game you better do it too. Want to be mad at someone? Be mad at your coaches the GM jobs isn't to play Jini for you spoiled LITTLE brat.

Glad Y robbed Sather big time, f*** you MSL++

He is af****** baby who got his gold while screwing over his GM, Stamkos AND being the reason why Yzerm,an couldn't attend Lidstrom night. Guy isn't worth the time Callahan has 10 times his heart and dedication.

That's a lot of emotion and hate for something that's still mostly rumour and conjecture. Where did you read that concerning the first line minute/playing with Crosby comments?

Edited by Son of a Wing

Rather have those picks and Callaman than an old undersized whiner. Let him go play with butt buddy Richards for his final years. He destroyed his legacy in Tampa and Stevie got the better end of this debacle anyway.

Does Alfredsson get his jersey retired in Ottawa???

Rather have those picks and Callaman than an old undersized whiner. Let him go play with butt buddy Richards for his final years. He destroyed his legacy in Tampa and Stevie got the better end of this debacle anyway.

Does Alfredsson get his jersey retired in Ottawa???

Melynk said if he was a betting man he would bet on it :-)

as for MSL just look it up there are lots of articles/news on this whiner. Hopefully the Rangers don't decide to buyout his BFF Richards otherwise he will ask for a trade again lol

Edited by frankgrimes

Melynk said if he was a betting man he would bet on it :-)

as for MSL just look it up there are lots of articles/news on this whiner. Hopefully the Rangers don't decide to buyout his BFF Richards otherwise he will ask for a trade again lol

The only facts in any article are that he demanded a trade and had done so far before the Olympics were even in discussion and heightened after the Olympics.

Again any source with the top line/playing with Crosby comments. Have never heard of that anywhere.