• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Trade Deadline Prediction Time

Rate this topic

I guess yes, but I'd really urge people not to get amped for the deadline. No matter how many TSN, NHL Network, or other trade deadline specials, remember how big of a let-down the past handful of years have been. They hype it up to get ratings and interest, but at most we'll see one big move. If that. League-wide.

THat said, I know I'll still be hanging around and hoping regardless, haha.

I think Holland will be under some pressure (real or anticipated) from Christopher Ilitch to try to not miss the playoffs. He'll make a trade, but most likely a minor one.

No big splashes from KH, kids.

I guess yes, but I'd really urge people not to get amped for the deadline. No matter how many TSN, NHL Network, or other trade deadline specials, remember how big of a let-down the past handful of years have been. They hype it up to get ratings and interest, but at most we'll see one big move. If that. League-wide.

Boooo, stop raining on our parade. :) Edited by wings87

I say yes to a D-Man...and maybe a FWD if the right deal pops up. Rumor has it that the Wings are one of 3-4 teams that are in serious talks with VAN for Kesler...but even if a Boyes or Jagr presents itself I think Holland will move on it...within reason of course.

Expendable: Andersson, Kindl, Quincey, Helm, Eaves, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson.

DO NOT MOVE Sheahan, Tatar, Nyquist or Jurco. Thank you.

Expendable: Andersson, Kindl, Quincey, Helm, Eaves, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Samuelsson.

Only Helm has much value on that list. Quincey, Kindl and Andersson have a little maybe.

I say yes to a D-Man...and maybe a FWD if the right deal pops up. Rumor has it that the Wings are one of 3-4 teams that are in serious talks with VAN for Kesler...but even if a Boyes or Jagr presents itself I think Holland will move on it...within reason of course.

So you don't want them to get a good player?

Predictions:

The Flyers will way overpay for someone because it's what they do.

Brodeur will be traded

Callahan will be sent west

Montreal picks up a D man

The Blues additions of Miller and Ott did NOT put them over the top because with the Blues it's mostly mental methinks.

Kesler will stay put. If Luongo has been a Canuck that long you can bet they want the moon for Kesler and will wait it out.

I'm gonna be pissed if Holland doesn't make a solid pick up. Normally I urge caution but this team can be very good. Last year should have taught us that once you get in, ANYTHING can happen. Another good defenseman is necessary. Tatar and Nyquist are untouchable but past that I want a defenseman. I'm tired of hearing "Well when so and so gets healthy that's like a deadline pickup" because no it isn't. Because when so and so gets healthy AND player X is onboard, now you're cooking.

Holland waiting for price to fall on Erhoff. Whether we can expect a package who knows! Outside of that I think a Mike Weaver type move (my choice is Morris, but he probably isn't available) would be something we can expect.

As someone mentioned before our 1st round is not as important this year in drafting a player as it will be trading it. With the likes of Sheahan, Ferraro, Tatar, Callahan, Almqvist, Nyquist all out of exemptions for next years roster and Jarnkrok, Jurco and Pulkkinen out of exemptions next summer, the need for a 1st round pick is not that pressing. Now whether or not Holland decides to hold on to it for a bigger deal on draft day, that's another story...either way, it's value to us is more via trade than drafting a player. BTW, if Holland waits for June, the return potential is much higher...

:hysterical: The guy has a couple injury issues and you cast him aside as expendable?? That's like all the people on here saying Weiss sucks and to trade him despite his groin and sports hernia injuries hampering his physical ability. Helm is no more expendable than any of the guys on your DO NOT MOVE list, though I'm not surprised you think that because you want Kesler the tumbleweed at the deadline. Hilarious...

:blink: That was constructive...

So, what do you suggest. Stand pat, do nothing, do not try to improve? Kesler is MUCH better than Andersson, Weiss and Glenny. And whether you like to believe it, way better than Helm.

No, I do not WANT Kesler at the deadline, but I do WANT to improve our team and if it takes trading Helm in order to do so, then trade him. As a matter of fact I do not even like Kesler and his Avs-loving, Ohio State arse...heard he was a prick in High School as well. But I do like making our team good enough to win.

Maybe I should say those players are REPLACEABLE. Is that better?

Edited by LeftWinger