• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Trade Deadline Prediction Time

Rate this topic

:blink: That was constructive...

So, what do you suggest. Stand pat, do nothing, do not try to improve? Kesler is MUCH better than Andersson, Weiss and Glenny. And whether you like to believe it, way better than Helm.

No, I do not WANT Kesler at the deadline, but I do WANT to improve our team and if it takes trading Helm in order to do so, then trade him. As a matter of fact I do not even like Kesler and his Avs-loving, Ohio State arse...heard he was a prick in High School as well. But I do like making our team good enough to win.

Maybe I should say those players are REPLACEABLE. Is that better?

I'll bite on Erhoff and say that the Sabres could benefit from Almqvist, Ferraro/Andersson and then a piece like Jensen with a 3rd round pick, but I wouldn't pay more than that for him. As far as Kesler goes, if the Wings get him, I will likely cancel my Gamecenter account. That's how much that diving piece of trash is worth to me, not worth trading my favourite player behind Z and Dats for either, aka the best 3rd line centre in the NHL. Z will be back in time for the last week or 2 of the season, quote me on that. Weiss will return very soon. Also, you can have Helm centre the 2nd line for now with Franzen, whom is playing lights out his past 20+ games centre the top line, keeping the whole kid line intact. Then you have Glendening on the 4th line. Say you make the move I stated and Weiss comes back Thursday after the trade deadline, you have this: (with Dats out for a week just for arguments sake)

Nyquist-Mule-Abdelkader

Alfredsson-Helm-Weiss(ease back in on the wing with Helm doing the grunt work)

Tatar-Tinky-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Eaves

Kronwall-Ericsson

Erhoff-DeKeyser

Smith-Quincey (though I hate this pairing and wish we'd trade Q to the B's and bring up Ouellet)

Add Z and Dats to that team and you're in good shape. Nyquist has been on another level lately, Tatar is just ******* awesome and exciting and that whole line is great and Helm seems to score like a 2nd line C when he plays 2nd line C, kinda weird, but we'll take it. He's due for an outburst. Glendening can't buy a goal, but he plays like a young annoying Maltby and skates like an animal, so he gets my nod for 4th C pretty much for good, maybe on the wing should Helm move down.

Our team is good, but there's no sense in mortgaging the farm for Kesler or any rentals. We still have to find out what Pulks, Jarnkrok and Mantha can do up here as well, along with Ouellet, Sproul, Marchenko and even Backman on D. I'm going with the thought that we don't need any more veteran presence than Z, Dats, Alfie, Kronner, Ericsson, Erhoff, and Mule and we need to keep the young legs in there to keep the team moving and to learn from the useful vets we have.

I haven't made my prediction yet... I say screw it, I believe we land Ehrhoff.

My actual predictions:

Erhoff to the Wings for what I said above.

Kesler goes to the Penguins and we get to hate him as much as always.

Luongo doesn't get traded again, is the backup next year and then the Cansucks trade Eddie Lack for a 1st round pick at the draft table. Deja vu anyone?

Kings get Moulson and meet the Blues in the West final.

Brodeur goes to Minnesota.

And I'll go with Jersey Wing, the Flyers will give us the best laugh of the deadline. Something like Hartnell to Edmonton for Ryan Smyth and Craig McTavish's old whistle.

I honestly don't think that Holland has the option to stand pat or kick tires. We are really close to not making the playoffs for the 1st time in 23 years. dats is pkaying on 1 leg, Z is done for the year and Weiss....well, you know what I am saying.

I truly believe that he will make a huge push for Edler or Erhoff.

We need that crisp first pass. We need to activate the D and get them involved without playing too risky. On the integrity of this franchise, I can't believe that he won't give up a 1st rounder, a roster player and a prospect to give this team a chance to make a run.

If he doesn't, I really will have lost all faith in the guy.

I honestly don't think that Holland has the option to stand pat or kick tires. We are really close to not making the playoffs for the 1st time in 23 years. dats is pkaying on 1 leg, Z is done for the year and Weiss....well, you know what I am saying.

I truly believe that he will make a huge push for Edler or Erhoff.

We need that crisp first pass. We need to activate the D and get them involved without playing too risky. On the integrity of this franchise, I can't believe that he won't give up a 1st rounder, a roster player and a prospect to give this team a chance to make a run.

If he doesn't, I really will have lost all faith in the guy.

It takes two to tango. Gillis will want too much for Edler, just like he did Luongo. Buffalo will want too much for Ehrhoff knowing they will be facing him for years to come in the same division, not to mention they want young, talented players (Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco) and draft picks.

If what I am hearing from Sportsnet about Datsyuk missing quite a bit of time it would not be wise to trade those kids for anything. Let the kids play, let's see what they can do. They have played amazing the past two games and are obviously up for the challenge to keep the streak alive.

I leave you with a quote from Tatar after the Olympics.

- One for my dad. I am so glad I could be a part of Slovak Olympic team. It was a great experience and I have many grat memories from Sochi. We didn’t have our best tournament and we are all disappointed as we expected more. Once you are on the top and once you are on the bottom. It is a sport. I am in Detroit already and I am enjoying my couple days off and getting ready to finish the season well. The upcoming schedule looks scary and it is going to be difficult as we have many games in a short period of time and our key players are injured. It is going to be hard without Henrik (40) but I believe we can do it. It would not be good if the Red Wings didn’t get in the playoffs. Keep your fingers crossed, I believe we can do it. Thank you for standing next to us and cheering for us even though it wasn’t ideal at the Olympics.

Edited by darkmanx

Holland waiting for price to fall on Erat.

At least he finally scored a goal this season. ;)

Here's a name I mentioned in the other thread. Is Mark Giordano possibly available from Calgary? He logs 25 minutes a night, is gritty, has 29 points in 42 games and instantly makes our blueline so much better.

Here's a name I mentioned in the other thread. Is Mark Giordano possibly available from Calgary? He logs 25 minutes a night, is gritty, has 29 points in 42 games and instantly makes our blueline so much better.

I'd take Giordano in a heartbeat, but the age old saying comes in, "is the asking price too high?"

Holland waiting for price to fall on Erat.

Burke said his untouchables list pretty small but mentioned Monahan and Giordano aren't going anywhere

I'd take Giordano in a heartbeat, but the age old saying comes in, "is the asking price too high?"

I haven't heard his name in the rumor mill. Probably because he still has 2 years left on his deal at a good cap hit ($4 million).

But I'd have to think Calgary would be open to trading Giordano if it helped their rebuild. He'd definitely cost a good amount--certainly more than Ehrhoff would.

Burke said his untouchables list pretty small but mentioned Monahan and Giordano aren't going anywhere

EDIT: Well, that's too bad then. Makes sense though--he seems like a player Burke would like.

Edited by Nevermind

:hysterical: The guy has a couple injury issues and you cast him aside as expendable?? That's like all the people on here saying Weiss sucks and to trade him despite his groin and sports hernia injuries hampering his physical ability. Helm is no more expendable than any of the guys on your DO NOT MOVE list, though I'm not surprised you think that because you want Kesler the tumbleweed at the deadline. Hilarious...

Helm definitely isn't expendable. But, as I've argued before, if we're gonna move a key roster player who isn't Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Weiss, Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Howard, Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, or Jurco...it's gonna have to be Helm. Not that it's gonna happen, but I don't think it'd necessarily be a devastating loss if it did.

Helm definitely isn't expendable. But, as I've argued before, if we're gonna move a key roster player who isn't Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Weiss, Kronwall, Ericsson, DeKeyser, Howard, Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, or Jurco...it's gonna have to be Helm. Not that it's gonna happen, but I don't think it'd necessarily be a devastating loss if it did.

Depends who you ask. Holland trades Helm, he gets a bag of s*** in the mail. Just sayin' :lol:

Correct me if Im wrong but I cant remember the last time in recent years that trade rumours involving the Wings were this plentiful.

Where theres smoke theres fire?

Don't bother calling 911, Holland will put that fire out.

I don't see us making any moves. None of the names brought up excite me, at least not enough to lose what has to be given up to get them. None of these guys are going to make us cup contenders. Unless we are getting some unreal player, a real star, I would rather see what our home grown talent can do the rest of the year. For once, the typical KH statements at the trade deadline wouldn't bother me.

Gut feeling is YES, we will make a move. Could be minor, could be major. Wings seem to be involved in a lot of rumors and I think Holland knows that without Zetterberg the danger of missing the playoffs is the most real it's been during the streak.

Personally I don't understand why Holland is interested in Kesler. But Edler or Ehrhoff would be huge additions to our team. Asking price will probably be high but if we could limit it to Andersson/Kindl+good prospect+pick I would bite. Highly doubtful we can though.

My money would be on Ehrhoff if anything. Cleary need a d vet that can move the puck but also isn't bad defensively. Cheap cap hit should attract holland as well. Edlers NTC and Vans ridiculous asking prices rule him out in my book

My money would be on Ehrhoff if anything. Cleary need a d vet that can move the puck but also isn't bad defensively. Cheap cap hit should attract holland as well. Edlers NTC and Vans ridiculous asking prices rule him out in my book

Actually wrote Cleary instead of Clearly. Shoot me.

Listening to Holland talk seems pretty content to miss playoffs. Won't acquire rental to replace datsyuk and zetterberg. Poor Alfie to come here cause we pull out all the stops and we basically say to him now were rebuilding.

Edited by wingfan1991

Ok LGW, will the Wings make a move by Wednesday... Yes or No?

If so, will it be a Forward or DMan, what do you guys think?

Yes and it will be a Top 4 if not Top 2 D-Man. I can't see Holland make other moves if he doesn't improve or D beforehand.

Listening to Holland talk seems pretty content to miss playoffs. Won't acquire rental to replace datsyuk and zetterberg. Poor Alfie to come here cause we pull out all the stops and we basically say to him now were rebuilding.

Yes. I'd go as far as to say Holland desperately wants to miss the playoffs. It's the only thing missing from his resume. :rolleyes: