• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:20 PM

Depends who you ask.  Holland trades Helm, he gets a bag of s*** in the mail.  Just sayin'  :lol:

If by bag of s*** you mean a depth defenseman, then I agree with you. :)

Edited by wings87, 03 March 2014 - 08:20 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#42 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:53 PM

Correct me if I’m wrong but I can’t remember the last time in recent years that trade rumours involving the Wings were this plentiful.

Where there’s smoke there’s fire?  

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#43 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:13 AM

Correct me if Im wrong but I cant remember the last time in recent years that trade rumours involving the Wings were this plentiful.

Where theres smoke theres fire?  

Don't bother calling 911, Holland will put that fire out.

#44 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

I don't want us to make a move and I don't think we will.

#45 BadgerBob

BadgerBob

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

I don't see us making any moves. None of the names brought up excite me, at least not enough to lose what has to be given up to get them. None of these guys are going to make us cup contenders. Unless we are getting some unreal player, a real star, I would rather see what our home grown talent can do the rest of the year. For once, the typical KH statements at the trade deadline wouldn't bother me. 

#46 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Gut feeling is YES, we will make a move. Could be minor, could be major. Wings seem to be involved in a lot of rumors and I think Holland knows that without Zetterberg the danger of missing the playoffs is the most real it's been during the streak.

Personally I don't understand why Holland is interested in Kesler. But Edler or Ehrhoff would be huge additions to our team. Asking price will probably be high but if we could limit it to Andersson/Kindl+good prospect+pick I would bite. Highly doubtful we can though.

#47 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

My money would be on Ehrhoff if anything. Cleary need a d vet that can move the puck but also isn't bad defensively. Cheap cap hit should attract holland as well. Edlers NTC and Vans ridiculous asking prices rule him out in my book

My money would be on Ehrhoff if anything. Cleary need a d vet that can move the puck but also isn't bad defensively. Cheap cap hit should attract holland as well. Edlers NTC and Vans ridiculous asking prices rule him out in my book

Actually wrote Cleary instead of Clearly. Shoot me.

#48 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Listening to Holland talk seems pretty content to miss playoffs. Won't acquire rental to replace datsyuk and zetterberg. Poor Alfie to come here cause we pull out all the stops and we basically say to him now were rebuilding.

Edited by wingfan1991, 04 March 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#49 derblaueClaus

derblaueClaus

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:25 AM

Ok LGW, will the Wings make a move by Wednesday... Yes or No?

If so, will it be a Forward or DMan, what do you guys think?

Yes and it will be a Top 4 if not Top 2 D-Man. I can't see Holland make other moves if he doesn't improve or D beforehand. 

"I'd have my **** out if I scored four goals. Id have my **** out, stroking it." - "Jumbo" Joe Thornton

Monsterblue.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#50 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,484 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Listening to Holland talk seems pretty content to miss playoffs. Won't acquire rental to replace datsyuk and zetterberg. Poor Alfie to come here cause we pull out all the stops and we basically say to him now were rebuilding.

Yes. I'd go as far as to say Holland desperately wants to miss the playoffs. It's the only thing missing from his resume. :rolleyes:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"