• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

report: wings persuing ehrhoff

Rate this topic

From ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:

The Red Wings are believed to be among teams interested in defenseman Christian Ehrhoff, whom the Sabres are shopping. He’s got seven more years on his deal after this season, at a $4 million cap hit. What’s better, though, is that $22 million of that 10-year, $40 million deal will have been paid off by the end of this season because it was front-loaded.

I don’t think the Wings would overpay to get him but he would fill a need for a top-four, offensively minded defenseman.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/03/report-wings-pursuing-ehrhoff-in-trade/

if he's effective for those 7 years, that cap hit is great for what he would bring imo.

Yes, like this pursuit, he's the kind of player that we can mold into the Wings style of D hockey. What would it take? Buffalo doesn't really need anything right now, maybe we can give them some veteran leadership for their upcoming drafts ... players like Cleary, Quincey, and Bertuzzi, and they can have Weiss too. :ninja:

Edited by RedWingsRox

If they move Quincey or Kindl for Ehrhof, I'd be ok with it. If they give up much more I'll be pissed.

I'd be surprised if Quincey or Kindl (plus a draft pick) would net him, but if it could, I'd be pretty happy.

I imagine they'd mostly want picks in return. & we all know Kenny wouldn't overpay but if we can ditch a first for Quincy, why not ehrhoff? Although i don't know the strength of the upcoming draft

The upcoming draft isn't considered to be very strong past the first few. Draft picks for 2015 and 2016 are already seeing movement...