8 replies to this topic

#1 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445193

I can't imagine what it would cost us...but he's a Holland type guy with a Holland type contract so im not terribly surprised.

#2 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

There's about 50 pages of discussion about Kesler in the two other threads.

#3 achildr1

achildr1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

I havent been on in forever...and im sure there is. I just posted it because its the first time ive seen "confirmed" reports of our interest.

#4 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

I heard last night that Kessel only had one nut and didn't start a thread about it.

#5 Wingsfan72

Wingsfan72

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:20 AM

I heard last night that Kessel only had one nut and didn't start a thread about it.

You're really cool.

If I die tell my wife I said, "Hello".

#6 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

It doesn't make much sense for us to have both Weiss and Kesler on the team. That's 10 million right there. While Kesler's a good 2-way hockey player, I just can't stand having a diver and d-bag playing for us. We won't win a potential bidding war for him anyways. And with his NTC, he may not even welcome a trade to Detroit.

In a perfect world, we'd have Patrice Bergeron or Mikko Koivu as our second line center. But the world isn't perfect, so we're stuck with weathering the injuries for now and hoping for the best from Weiss moving forward. If anything, I'd rather shore up our D and give the kids a chance up front.

#7 Hockey13Playa

Hockey13Playa

Here's my card.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

That was lame.

It doesn't make much sense for us to have both Weiss and Kesler on the team. That's 10 million right there. While Kesler's a good 2-way hockey player, I just can't stand having a diver and d-bag playing for us. We won't win a potential bidding war for him anyways. And with his NTC, he may not even welcome a trade to Detroit.

In a perfect world, we'd have Patrice Bergeron or Mikko Koivu as our second line center. But the world isn't perfect, so we're stuck with weathering the injuries for now and hoping for the best from Weiss moving forward. If anything, I'd rather shore up our D and give the kids a chance up front.

He said he'd waive his NTC for Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Philadelphia.

Posted Image

#8 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

also from the article.... 

As for fellow blueliner Andrej Meszaros, the asking price is a second round draft pick.

I don't know a ton about him but if he'd fit well in our second pairing, and if the price for ehrhoff is too high (as it likely is), this seems like a ken holland style move.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

Isn't Mezsaros really slow?

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.