• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

Mike Gillis is a moron and the way he has handled things, no player will ever want to play for him going forward. Say what you want about Kenny, but at least he shows respect and class towards his players. I feel bad for Lu and all the Canucks fans that lose him after all the crap he has put up with.

I don't blame him. Even if Florida is a bottom-feeder, the weather is great, he probably has connections there like old friends, and the travel is easier. Plus, he gets out of the cluster-you-know-what that is Vancouver. No, he won't be winning the Cup, but he can start over now.

Fla was one of the teams he wanted to go to last year. Makes sense considering he started his career there

And I'm sure he'll enjoy the far less pressure he'll be under playing in Florida.. never thought we'd see a Luongo Thomas tandem (even if it ends up lasting for just a couple hours)

I don't blame him. Even if Florida is a bottom-feeder, the weather is great, he probably has connections there like old friends, and the travel is easier. Plus, he gets out of the cluster-you-know-what that is Vancouver. No, he won't be winning the Cup, but he can start over now.

I believe his wife is from Florida. Don't they say something about a happy wife.........

He definitely could show a better work ethic but it's hard not to like Dustin Penner:

@strombone1: ” Hey bud. Quick question. Do we get the air miles or does the team for the flights?

.@BarackObama hey i know this is last minute & I hate asking on such short notice but can I crash for a few days? I'm great with kids

FYI, this was from earlier...

Craig Custance @CraigCustance 27m

The lack of a premium, young center moving Red Wings down the list for Ryan Kesler. Likely only back in the mix if Philly, others drop out.

He's a young center, and we've got freakishly good young wingers coming along. I don't think this will be a problem. I'd have to think Custance is reaching here.

He's a young center, and we've got freakishly good young wingers coming along. I don't think this will be a problem. I'd have to think Custance is reaching here.

I think he means they want a young center going the other way.

Ya, if Sheahan was in the equation for Kesler, then no thank you. Lets just go with something like Jagr to help out up front and lets focus on the D. Erhoff or Edler would be nice right about now. I still like Morris, but haven't heard of him being available.

The Stewart/Erhoff scenario is sounding good to me! That would really shore us up!

Would have loved Penner, but I guess he is just a younger Bertuzzi. So far, not really mad at Holland for the players that moved today, but I really don't think we can stand pat. Oh, I am a bit upset over the Mike Weaver deal, sounded like a player we could've used being right handed and all, and it only cost a 5th rounder...once again: Come On Kenny! ©