• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

Official 2014 NHL Trade Deadline Thread

Rate this topic

...and what? You can be ballsy like Glen Sather and give away a first and second and your captain for a rental?

Holland may be cautious, but I don't think he's "meek."

Cautious? He traded the first for Quincy, that was stupid then and its still stupid.

Most of the time he is just passive its like he locks himself in the bathroom every year at the trade deadline.

...and what? You can be ballsy like Glen Sather and give away a first and second and your captain for a rental?

Holland may be cautious, but I don't think he's "meek."

You have it backwards... Sather just traded a 1st, 2nd and a rental...

St. Louis is on a tear with no help this year, won the hart last year, and is signed through next year.

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Right now warm bodies would help the Wings. Everyone Is looking at superstar when in reality, a solid defensive bottom three defenseman would go a long way toward helping us.

Same goes with a guy like Cammy.

Also, the no rental rule is silly. Lots of UFA's re-sign. Offer a conditional pick, feel the guy out, and things would be fine.

I'm not expecting an Ehrhoff or a Kessler but a mid-tier Stuart-type move will help us long term. His departure hurt us just as bad as Rafalski and Lidstrom.

I just don't understand the wait and see approach when there are options right now. Where's the fire to win? A good trade now and some signings in the off-season and this team is a Cup contender next season. But if we wait and put all our eggs in one basket (Suter) we are asking for disappointment.

But hey, we'll be good for one season 7 years from now.

Guest RyaN_84

Hope that whining paid off, Marty.

The guy spent most of his career playing for the same team, so obviously he is going to be emotional.

In listening to TSN does anybody else think the way Marty St. Louis used a scorched earth policy to get out of Tampa he might have cost himself a banner hanging night in the future?

As long as Stevie's there he's not getting a banner.

Man, like him or not... the Burke/Duffie interactions are hilarious.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie 1m

As per @Real_ESPNLeBrun Chris Phillips and OTT have agreed to 2 year contract at $2.5M per year. #Tradecentre

Edited by e_prime