• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

3/4 GDT: Red Wings at Devils

Rate this topic

Screw the injuries,Devils were outplayed. We were hitting them, keeping possession of the puck,getting off decent shots. First goal was terrible defense but we need clutch saves. Zajac had gotten his own rebound, skated away from the goal and still had enough time to float a backhander into an empty net. Howard was out of his crease a lot most of the night and just plain flopping around and the dude just doesn't have it this year. 30 more seconds and we aren't 9th in the Eastern Conference.

Screw the injuries,Devils were outplayed. We were hitting them, keeping possession of the puck,getting off decent shots. First goal was terrible defense but we need clutch saves. Zajac had gotten his own rebound, skated away from the goal and still had enough time to float a backhander into an empty net. Howard was out of his crease a lot most of the night and just plain flopping around and the dude just doesn't have it this year. 30 more seconds and we aren't 9th in the Eastern Conference.

I was at the game and I agree we outplayed the Devils. I thought the kids didn't look all that bad - good boardwork, puck possession and zone entries. I think only the Zidlicky goal was really on Jimmy. The first one was a collective failure and the Gionta one was just a good tip- nothing a goalie can do. We had three guys back on the Zajac goal and still he got behind them. The D was trying to trap at the blueline, but backed up to the tops of the circles and got caught flatfooted there multiple times.

[i also think my daughter and I made the FSD broadcast during the 2nd intermission!]

Edited by kook_10