3/4 GDT: Red Wings at Devils

• Please log in to reply
404 replies to this topic

#381 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:35 PM

Exactly. Take the two best players out of any teams lineup and there not gonna be very good. Then try taking out it's top 4 centers, who 2 of them are top 15 players in the world. I don't see how people are shocked when we lose a game like this. We have zero offense through the middle. By the end of the game we had a guy who has 0 career goals playing second line center. I'm sorry but if the wings make the playoffs Babcock should be given the jack Adams on the spot. If this team adds a decent top 4 d-man and is fully healthy I believe they can beat anyone in the east in a 7 game series. But that's my opinion

Agreed but when are we ever going to get to that point.. I would love it if we got as healthy as we were in the last 10 games of the reg season last year and the playoffs.  Until we see what this team is like with a full lineup we will never know how good they are.  

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#382 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,503 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:36 PM

We are a borderline playoff team with a full lineup, we sure as s*** can't win without Z, D and now Helm..we are in a tough spot going in to tomorrow not knowing when these guys will be healthy ( Z obviously is out a long time) and if they can stay healthy. 

It's a borderline playoff team with half of the projected top 3 lines out.

• Nev likes this

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#383 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

think holland feels pressure to make a move now?

#384 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:39 PM

That's a bunch of bull...biggest group of bi-polar flip floppers we are.

The second this team dips it's "sell everyone!".  If anyone deserves to feel the sting of missing the playoffs it's us.

You didn't read the second half of that sentence.  

Actually, I think he did... he just fleshed it out a bit more.

I don't think we deserve to miss the playoffs, but if Holland can't manage this team (make some trades) and the injuries keep us floundering...

I'm beginning to think it just may happen.

He better.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#385 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

...and double down on a bad hand?  I seriously doubt it.

works every time

#386 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:44 PM

...and double down on a bad hand?  I seriously doubt it.

He feels some pressure to make a move.  Doesn't necessarily mean he'll make it.

...but I'm sure Holland is sweating out this play-off push/deadline more-so than previous years.

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#387 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:07 PM

Unfortunately no.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#388 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:14 PM

You didn't read the second half of that sentence.  

I guess I just didn't like how it read out either. 

It's not just because of the success. It's because of the attitude and sense of unappreciation derived from that constant level of success.

But that's very well what you could have meant...

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#389 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:19 PM

Man this loss stings. Broduer reeks and we cannot beat them regardless of helm (again) datsyuk (again) out. Damn damn! We need defense badly! Get rid of Andersson. Howard was horrible tonight... shaky from the first s***ty goal he let in.

#390 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

What's the word on Helm?

I hope Ericsson, Kronwall and Howard get their stuff together.

#391 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• Gold Booster
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

What's the word on Helm?

I hope Ericsson, Kronwall and Howard get their stuff together.

Unspecified "upper-body injury"

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#392 dat's sick

dat's sick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:46 PM

Unspecified "upper-body injury"

Uh-oh.

Hope we call up Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen. I don't want Bertuzzi in the lineup anymore.

#393 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:01 AM

Uh-oh.

Hope we call up Jarnkrok and Pulkkinen. I don't want Bertuzzi in the lineup anymore.

Did I miss something?  Bert has scored in the last two games that he's dressed.  Problem?

#394 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

We have got to get our sh*t together or else the 22 year streak is going to end.  

#395 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:20 AM

Bert is certainly not the reason we lost tonight

#396 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:45 AM

What actually has me angry at the moment is seeing Franzen's beast mode go to waste. Dude is legit with that A on his chest but our top pairing s*** the bed. And what's with Jimmy and flopping about after horrible rebounds? That's the only goal I totally blame on him but I feel like he does that crap a lot. Just get up dude.

#397 dat's sick

dat's sick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,347 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

Did I miss something?  Bert has scored in the last two games that he's dressed.  Problem?

If we have no one else who could have scored those two goals we are in worse trouble than I thought. Please tell me you don't think Bert's actually been good these two games. He's terribly slow and kills a lot of powerplays even if he can be okay once we get set up and he's in front of the net.

I'd really like to reward Pulkks and Hook with NHL callups. Deadline is today, roster limit is lifted and we're short a couple of top 6 forwards. If we're gonna risk missing the playoffs at least take a look at our kids to get a better idea of what we have for next season.

#398 brooklynsour

brooklynsour

Fedorov

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

Well I agree Bert hasn't been stellar but he has contributed with some goals (albeit vs njd the puck hit him luckily(right place right time) and ottawa was a blow out)... I think we should keep him in the line up, 4th line and he gotta start showing us the 'old man strength'. Otherwise he's washed up and has very little use realistically... Like dats said he's a slowpoke now

#399 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,698 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:04 AM

Bertuzzi didn't score in the Ottawa game. He scored the first goal at Montreal.

That being said, with all the injuries, Bert has to see time out of pure need. Too bad Cleary is hurt, we could use him...:ninja: We don't need any trades today...

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#400 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:35 AM

Howard has 13 wins in March. It hasn't been completely his fault, and he's battled injuries. But that just isn't good enough, especially when you factor in his numbers. Really, if not for Gus, we'd be completely out of the race. With so many guys out of the line-up, Howard needs to be good every night. And his top pair (Kronwall-Ericsson) can't have albatross games out of the blue, points are too important.

#NOMOREKINDL