Ken Holland's Moves From 2009-2014

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:28 PM

Sure - thats the deal breaker for you - overlook the rest and pick on that one thing. I said "to a lesser extent."

I don't disagree with any of the other ones, Hindsight will drive you crazy if thats how you live.  No one wanted to sign Flip for what he wanted so he moved on but in hindsight if we could've seen what a train wreck Weiss was going to be of course we would've gave him that money.  Quincey for a 1st was terrible, you don't think Holland will admit that? Sammy, Tootoo, Cleary.. low risk signings that in the grand scheme of things haven't made much difference because they got hurt and we got the kids in the lineup for them anyways.

The post was clearly marked "Recent moves." In the last 6 years we HAVE regressed significantly - you have to agree with that. 

Like I said if you are going from 2008 of course we have. But we lost in the finals in 2009 ( still hurts alot that one) , lost in 2nd round 3 times and 1st round to Nashville once, of course things haven't been quite right but hey you gotta get there to have a chance and this franchise prides itself on doing that every year.

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#42 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:31 PM

I don't disagree with any of the other ones, Hindsight will drive you crazy if thats how you live.  No one wanted to sign Flip for what he wanted so he moved on but in hindsight if we could've seen what a train wreck Weiss was going to be of course we would've gave him that money.  Quincey for a 1st was terrible, you don't think Holland will admit that? Sammy, Tootoo, Cleary.. low risk signings that in the grand scheme of things haven't made much difference because they got hurt and we got the kids in the lineup for them anyways.

Do you think the plethora of recent bad moves are an indicator that Holland has lost his instincts? He seems to be getting things wrong lately. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#43 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:40 PM

Well well I remember friends were calling me some names because I wanted Hossa over The Mule back then and already thinking about retooling. Good moves in terms of UFA during the last years Dekeyser (wanted to be here), Alfie the only reason he is here is because his owner is very cheap and tight on his internal budget, otherwise there is no way Alfie changes teams and I think everyone knows it (even if its just deep down).

Weiss has been coming off a serious injury and almost missed a full shortened season and yeah let's offer him 5 million per without even knowing, how is recovery is coming along AND if he fits the system. Yeah Clarkson is having a horrible season but he at least plays and tries hard..The first thing Babcock mentioned after the signing was "let's see how he fits with our system" does this sound like a GM and coach are on the same page ? I doubt it.

Whenever Babocks contract is up I don't think he is going to stay here, why should he the guy will have another job with a contender in a blink of a second.

Edited by frankgrimes, 05 March 2014 - 11:40 PM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#44 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:44 PM

We need a top 4 defenceman somehow this offseason...

"Re-signing Quincey is like signing a top-four defenseman!"

Don't Toews me, bro!

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,184 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:50 PM

Weiss has been coming off a serious injury and almost missed a full shortened season and yeah let's offer him 5 million per without even knowing, how is recovery is coming along AND if he fits the system. Yeah Clarkson is having a horrible season but he at least plays and tries hard..e is going to stay here, why should he the guy will have another job with a contender in a blink of a second.

Clarkson sucks. He has no hockey sense, he's been suspended twice since becoming a Leaf, and his contract is nightmarish. (And yes, I realize I'm the same guy who wouldn't mind having Chris Stewart on our team. But, see, Chris Stewart can actually produce.) Weiss is a better player, he's just been hit with injuries.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:00 AM

Clarkson sucks. He has no hockey sense, he's been suspended twice since becoming a Leaf, and his contract is nightmarish. (And yes, I realize I'm the same guy who wouldn't mind having Chris Stewart on our team. But, see, Chris Stewart can actually produce.) Weiss is a better player, he's just been hit with injuries.

Well in hindsight neither of the two is a good signing so far, that's for sure. Chris Stewart didn't get along with Hitchcock him and Babs would absolutely hate each other after two weeks tops so I understand not going after him. Although for a franchise with so much resources it's a bit of a shame that we can't get any superstars to sign here or at least stars and sorry that's on Holland.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !