• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

And now the phase begins where Wings fans lie to themselves and play down Jarnkroks skill and potential to disguise this horrible trade as "bearable". I am still in shock.

I'm not going to lie to myself. I'm 25. Ain't got time for that s***.

Legwand comes here and faceplants, Weiss doesn't play up to his contract, Kenny Holland is turning into what I suffered through as a BEARS fan under JERRY ANGELO. Biding my time until he is FIRED.

I agree. To be honest, Ferraro instead of Jankrok would have made this trade nothing+nothing+nothing for a proven roster player. Maybe if we threw in McGrath...

I liked Jankrok over Pulk, but that's just opinion until they hit the NHL.

He's a Freaking UFA...What should we have traded for two months of, at best, a 2nd line center?!! Hemsky went for a third and a fifth, Penner for a 4th, etc..

Guest Playmaker

I can't believe David Legwand went for anything other than a pick. This was a save the playoff streak move. I wouldn't have minded parting with Jarnkrok for a decent defenseman or Moulson or Vanek. But David Legwand? I'm dumbfounded.

Hopefully Jarkrok bolts to Sweden then the trade won't look so bad. I think guys like Andersson and Emmerton are untradeable and you might as well keep them around to serve a sort of purpose . Nashville needed a young center and Wings went down the depth chart

Like I said, I'm not happy about it either, but the "I'm done with this team" stuff is over the top. Maybe there's something about Jarnkrok that we don't know that could hold him back, or he threatened to go back to Sweden like Malik mentioned (of course, it's malilk so who knows how accurate that is). It looks bad right now though.

George Malik ‏@georgemalik 1m

Red Wings did indeed send Calle Jarnkrok to Nashville w/ Eaves, and 3rd, for Legwand http://dlvr.it/54YFXv

There must have been truth to the rumors that Jarnkrok had threatened to leave for Brynas.

That's all I know--there must have been truth to the rumors that Jarnkrok wanted to go back to Sweden.

This is the only thing that makes any sense.

If it's true what someone said jarnkrok was threatening to leave for brynas then why not ummm call him up??? No f***en trade him for a ufa lmfao

At this point he could of Been a key piece for kesler

This trade is absolute garbage and I know it's not legwands fault but I hate him for this trade I don't care I want him to bomb so Kenny can get his as kicked by illitch's goons and get his ass fired

George Malik @georgemalik 3m

This team is incredibly dedicated to its prospects. It doesn't give up on guys for no reason.

I thought Jarnkrok was the Wings' best all-round prospect. But if he didn't want to be in North America, that would explain a lot.

Let me put it bluntly: Brynas IF Gavle = Jarnkrok's hometown team. Can make $500K playing there or $100K here riding buses in AHL.

That's all I can tell you--it's been a struggle to bring Jarnkrok over, and he may have been pulling a Larsson/Axelsson.

EDIT: BobMcKenzie is seconding the prospects of Jarnkrok returning to Europe rather than staying NA.

Obviously, Nashville will try and take a shot at keeping him in NA, but who knows??

Edited by e_prime

what a horrible trade.. wtf is Holland thinking here. first weiss now legwand.. brutal! datsuk 3 weeks, helm out and zetterberg.. we make playoffs it will be miracle. how vanek goes for 2nd pick is just shocking holland didnt pull that off. guess snow just gave habs gift there.

He's a Freaking UFA...What should we have traded for two months of, at best, a 2nd line center?!! Hemsky went for a third and a fifth, Penner for a 4th, etc..

almost any center including Legwand can play wing. Most of the wings cannot play center. And we need a center now! Is this so difficult to get?