• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

We could got Marcel goc for way cheaper, we coulda got either Andrew MacDonald yesterday or Raphael Diaz today

Goc isn't nearly as good as Legwand. MacDonald or Diaz would've been decent trades, but with Andersson playing #1C those acquisitions wouldn't have mattered anyway.

@mabusincarnate to give up what we did for a mediocre player past his prime, he'll be another cleary Bert Weiss.... I don't need any factual stats I seen him play he's nothing special and certainly not someone who will 'help carry' this team with our real stars injured....

Legwand this season 40 points

Cleary this season 8 points

Bertuzzi this season 13 points

Weiss this season 4 points

Eaves this season 5 points

I fail to see the comparison or the point entirely. So the final verdict is "He's a scrub because i've seen him play and I say so"?

So #1 center on Team A means he is #1 center on Team B after he is traded? Great assumption.

Well, actually... because of all the injuries he kinda is a #1C. No matter what any of us say or think. :confused:

He was #1 center for better part of his career in Nashville albeit a defensive.minded team...

So #1 center on Team A means he is #1 center on Team B after he is traded? Great assumption.

We gave up 2 players one with potential and a pick for someone who A might not even resign(hopefully not) B old C doesn't provide enough scoring to justify the trade

If it's true what someone said jarnkrok was threatening to leave for brynas then why not ummm call him up??? No f***en trade him for a ufa lmfao

At this point he could of Been a key piece for kesler

This trade is absolute garbage and I know it's not legwands fault but I hate him for this trade I don't care I want him to bomb so Kenny can get his as kicked by illitch's goons and get his ass fired

Didn't you already say you were switching teams? Go root for your new team to bomb, not mine. Kthxbai.

i think everyone include I are not angry about legwand himself.

angry cause of what we couldve had for the same trade. bigger names

and what i think we needed more. DEFENSE

Healthy, yes, then we need Defence. But since are Centers currently are Sheahan, Andersson, Glendenning, and Emmerton I'd say that's a bigger need

Detroit got a proven commodity and gave up a prospect who probably won't even make the team for another 2 years.

He could, and from most reports of him, will be everything that Legwand is and more after those two years tho. Its why trading Schenn for Kesler made no sense. You only make trades like that when you're one move away from a Cup. This is a bandade on a grenade wound.

Thank you achildr.... ITS A PATCH JUST TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE 22ND CONSECUTIVE YEAR

Legwand had a NTC - its not like other teams were asking really. Holland had a sitting duck and he botched the kill brutally. Preds would have lost him for nothing in the offseason - holland had all kinds of leverage.

This^^

Id like to know how many teams offered even a 2nd for Quincey the year we gave a 1st for him. Im coming to think Holland doesnt make trades because he has no ability to haggle or even take advantage of circumatance.

He could, and from most reports of him, will be everything that Legwand is and more after those two years tho. Its why trading Schenn for Kesler made no sense. You only make trades like that when you're one move away from a Cup. This is a bandade on a grenade wound.

I bolded the key word. Its a risk for sure. I believe if the Wings sign Legwand, it will be a good trade for the Wings in the short term. Long term, no one knows. It will definitely be something people analyze.

Like signing Meech and letting Quincey go, and watching Quincey blossom. Its easy to make decisions in hindsight.

Steve Amorose:

Quote:
Regarding Jarnkrok reportedly thinking of heading back to Sweden after this season, it was news to Wings Asst GM Ryan Martin. @FOX17
Quote:
Martin tells me via text that he didn't know where that idea came from. @FOX17

It seems the Wing's brass don't think he's going to jet.

Edited by Shaman

Let's see didn't give up Tartar Nyquist Smith Sheahan Jurco Pullkinen Mantha Almqvisut Dekeyser Marchenko Oulette or Sproul. He gave up a center who is behind in the system who might not have seen the ice in 3 years. Give him a little credit here.

The problem is he send only top 6 potential center prospect not named Sheahan

Edited by pucktividi

Well, actually... because of all the injuries he kinda is a #1C. No matter what any of us say or think. :confused:

Right now he is, but after our injured players return, he won't be.

So than why give up so much for someone that's not even worth it... IMO eaves and a 2nd shoulda been enough

The problem is he send only top 6 potential center prospect not name Sheahan

There's time to get more center prospects. There isn't time to find a patch for the Wings. This trade makes sense from almost all risk management perspectives.

Steve Amorose ‏@steveamorose 3m

Regarding Jarnkrok reportedly thinking of heading back to Sweden after this season, it was news to Wings Asst GM Ryan Martin. @FOX17

What a freaking joke

If they admit to knowing about that wouldn't they not be negotiating in good faith and they could be punished. You can't get someone to take a player if they think he's going to bolt. Maybe we pulled a fast one on them?

Jarnkrok wasn't making Detroit next year. Sheahan has passed him up obviously and Jarnkrok isn't a 4th line guy. Not his game.

So what if he plays for Nashville? He wasn't going to play for us. If he makes Nashville's club good for him, they are in a different conference. No harm.

Why wasn't jarnkrok gonna make it? Can anyone honestly say they thought sheahan or jurco would? They got there chances cause of injuries and went with it ... At the least due to all the injuries we could of brought up jarnkrok for the remainder of the season and see what he does .... We'll never know now

I know most people would say they want jarnkrok to be a bust ..... I want him to be a star so Babcock can just walk into Hollands office ....slap him and walk away

Penner for a 4th....steal.

Fasth for a 4th...maybe the steal of the season. Other than the Vanek return to Buffalo

Vanek for a 2nd and Collberg...HUGE trade for Montreal. Just what this says to your team and fans is enough but he is exactly what they need...ive seen rentals of his pedigree go for three times that much.

And there are more.

I wouldn't waste a 4th round pick on either of those guys.

Vanek is a rental, and have you seen Collberg? The guy is like Mantha. A 2nd round pick and he has a great upside. I think Montreal overpaid.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=16836

Dig into these trades a bit before you start saying that these are just scrub players.

The problem is he send only top 6 potential center prospect not name Sheahan

There's time to get more center prospects. There isn't time to find a patch for the Wings. This trade makes sense from almost all risk management perspectives.

Would rather skip 1 season of playoffs than give away our future

The Production Line @TPLhockey 40m

Re: McKenzie's comment about Jarnkrok heading to SEL. I explicitly asked Holland about GM's relationships with McKenzie and his ilk, ...

...and he admitted that he'd rather someone venerable like McKenzie have correct information than others just making things up and/or...
...get it wrong. So, if McKenzie says that on the record, Ken Holland told him.

So than why give up so much for someone that's not even worth it... IMO eaves and a 2nd shoulda been enough

If Legwand signs here, it was a great deal for the Wings. If he doesn't, it was a waste, Thats the stance I am making.

Thank you achildr.... ITS A PATCH JUST TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS FOR THE 22ND CONSECUTIVE YEAR

You mean 23 years straight? Last year we made the playoffs for 22 straight years. Now we are going for 23 years in a row. Also the longest streak is held by the Boston with 29 so we've got a long way to go to beat that record. If we make it great if not oh well.

There's time to get more center prospects. There isn't time to find a patch for the Wings.

Agree,but how old will be Pasha and Z when they make the team.Jarnkrok was a year or two from making the Wings team.

We could got Marcel goc for way cheaper, we coulda got either Andrew MacDonald yesterday or Raphael Diaz today

Goc?!? No one wants Goc,no thanks on Diaz either. Macdonald, maybe.

Legwand is a valuable asset in the here and now, Jarnkrok was just starting to play good in the AHL and people think he could have centered our first line in the nhl... Legwand was the only option here, and Holland did what he had to do to get him and try to get this team back on track. People around here act as if Holland just goes around trading our prospects away for candy, when in reality he never trades our prospects. His hands were tied, he had to make a move, and he got taken a bit for a fool, but he wasn't the one in a position to walk away. No one else who was traded today was a center. end of story.