• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

They should convince radulov to come here to play with datsyuk they played good together at the olympics

It wasn't Radulov, and no thanks. He's a headcase and a terrible team player.

Someone's gotta say it...

Since trading away Jarnkrok, the Red Wings now face a tough decision. Who is the next player (aside from Mantha) that will be a star for the Griffins after their season is over. The answer is very simple. Hampus Melen will report to GR this year! There's your next headline people...just have to print the newspapers. :D

Legwand is a solid two-way center..a proven NHL commodity. The fact that he waived an NTC to come here is an indication that he's open to resigning. Jarnkrok is a prospect...a good, not great, prospect. If you're lucky he becomes a top 6 forward. Be nice to have that 2nd/3rd round pick, but we need a C now, not in 2018. I think we just did Eaves a favor by shipping him out so he can have a better shot at getting signed somewhere next year, so I'm not factoring him into the deal.

If Legwand bolts after this season and Jarnkrok adds 20 lbs and becomes a 2nd line C in the next couple of years...I'll look back and curse Kenny Holland for his foolishness. But....I don't think Legwand is leaving, I have no idea if Jarnkrok has the physical and mental capacity to max out his potential (a hot month or so in the AHL doesn't prove anything) and I have no idea who we're missing out on in the draft. Might be Tomas Tatar, might be Jan Mursak...who knows?

I value making the playoffs...we were supposed to be four and out last spring but we wound up in the second round and were a bounce of the puck from making the conference finals. Legwand gives us a better shot of making it than Jarnkrok would have this season...and if he signs next season and probably the season after that. So...count me as one of those people who like the deal.

It wasn't Radulov, and no thanks. He's a headcase and a terrible team player.

Someone's gotta say it...

Since trading away Jarnkrok, the Red Wings now face a tough decision. Who is the next player (aside from Mantha) that will be a star for the Griffins after their season is over. The answer is very simple. Hampus Melen will report to GR this year! There's your next headline people...just have to print the newspapers. :D

Melen better not come here and play too good ... If he comes out of nowhere to be In Our top 3 prospects next year he might get himself traded

I'm not gonna argue about Vanek. The fact is (again, assuming I'm not missing anything), 28 GMs missed the eff out, and Holland was one of them. Anyone who says "Yeah, but you have to understand"--no, there's nothing to understand. Marc "Moron" Bergevin got Thomas Vanek for a pick and a prospect.

It's the Devil's way now.

I've brought this up a couple of times in other threads and received no response throughout the season. The playoff streak clearly is NOT "meaningless" to the Wings' brass.

Sure, some fans (younger ones, I suspect, who don't remember the last time the team missed the post season) are willing to dismiss the streak's significance with a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately mindset. "Why only make the playoffs to lose in 4-6 games? A high draft pick is more valuable long term."

How terribly shortsighted.

In failing to make the playoffs, the Wings would reset 22 years of chasing a 29-year-old record. Prospects come and go. Making the playoffs for thirty straight years doesn't. Doing so would be more than once in a lifetime. It would be once in the history of hockey.

Does this mean that I like the Legwand trade? Not particularly. But the Wings were in desperate need of a center while trying desperately to make the playoffs for a consecutive 23rd year.

I, for one, am glad they're trying to keep the streak alive. Breaking the longest playoff streak in pro sports would be a huge feather in the Wings' collective cap, one that every fan should wear with enormous pride.

Go Wings!

Over half the teams in the NHL make the playoffs. This isn't like the NFL or MLB where not many teams make it any given year. Literally more teams make it than not.

Legwand was the best center moved. Moulson and Vanek are wingers the Wings would probably have little interest in bringing back. Legwand may have told Holland he would sign an extension, at the very least it seems likely he will.

If Jarnkrok ends up being a #1 center Detroit got hosed. If he ends up as a 40 point guy then it's a push. If he flops Detroit wins. Nashville taking Eaves does nothing to hurt us, so you can ignore that. They got a guy who can fill in now at a position of need for a pick and a prospect who is allegedly unhappy. Bottom line.

Well this is interesting

Bob Duff @asktheduffer 22m

A year ago, #redwings refused to part with Jarnkrok in a package for Iginla.

Two quick things about this:

1) As someone already mentioned, the Red Wings are far more desperate this time around at the deadline. With good reason.

2) Jarnkrok's value was much higher last year as well. He's not the bluechippiest of the bluechippers that some may think. To each their own, though.

All doom and gloom around here.

I think Legwand can be a 50-65 point guy for Detroit, while playing a good two way game. Helm cannot be relied upon anymore it seems so this deal makes sense if he signs another contract with us.

Edited by darkmanx

Well this is interesting

Bob Duff ‏@asktheduffer 22m

A year ago, #redwings refused to part with Jarnkrok in a package for Iginla.

Dude, what in god's name is our obsession over old players? I just don't get it. Between the Modanos, and Alfreddsons and Drakes and Mays.....why do we only seem to go after seasoned vets and not players in their primes?

Edited by ShanahanMan

All doom and gloom around here.

I think Legwand can be a 50-65 point guy for Detroit, while playing a good two way game. Helm cannot be relied upon anymore it seems so this deal makes sense if he signs another contract with us.

Helm needs the summer to recover and do more strength training without setbacks and he'll be good to go. He's still very valuable. I think you're right about Legwand and I believe he'll be more than a rental.

Legwand was the best center moved. Moulson and Vanek are wingers the Wings would probably have little interest in bringing back. Legwand may have told Holland he would sign an extension, at the very least it seems likely he will. If Jarnkrok ends up being a #1 center Detroit got hosed. If he ends up as a 40 point guy then it's a push. If he flops Detroit wins. Nashville taking Eaves does nothing to hurt us, so you can ignore that. They got a guy who can fill in now at a position of need for a pick and a prospect who is allegedly unhappy. Bottom line.

#1 Holland literally said he would not trade prospects for rentals.

#2 Saying he's the best center traded right now is like being the prettiest girl at fat camp. It really doesn't mean that much.

#3 This team is not a better position right now than it was in last night. They were a bubble team last night that would get bounced by Boston or Pittsburgh. After this trade they are now a bubble team that will get bounced by Boston or Pittsburgh. They might have increased their chances of being the 8th place team by a bit, but the inverse of that is they also dropped their drafting position. And all this without increasing their odds of winning a cup.

This trade gives the team a shot at staying in the hunt until we get players back. If Weiss and helm return sooner rather than later, at least we can ice a good enough roster to win some games while dats is out. If dats can play in three weeks we have a solid forward group to finish off the season and hopefully go into the playoffs with.

Sure on paper we probably overpaid. But hey, I'm sure management knows something that we don't. I'm thankful that they didn't give up on the season and didn't sell the farm to do so.

Its a bummer we didn't get a top four dman, but this defense got the job done in the home stretch last year and I have faith they can do it again with a little luck with the injured players.

We got a center who can contribute on both ends of the ice. It gets a fourth line center off of our top line. Its also a player who wants to be here, and has shown in the past he can be clutch when called upon. Here is to hoping a lot of crow is eaten by seasons end!

#1 Holland literally said he would not trade prospects for rentals.

#2 Saying he's the best center traded right now is like being the prettiest girl at fat camp. It really doesn't mean that much.

#3 This team is not a better position right now than it was in last night. They were a bubble team last night that would get bounced by Boston or Pittsburgh. After this trade they are now a bubble team that will get bounced by Boston or Pittsburgh. They might have increased their chances of being the 8th place team by a bit, but the inverse of that is they also dropped their drafting position. And all this without increasing their odds of winning a cup.

He also said that when Datsyuk was day to day and Helm was not injured.

If Weiss cannot allow us to play D and Z together, Legwand will while providing us with good defense and offense.

This trade gives the team a shot at staying in the hunt until we get players back. If Weiss and helm return sooner rather than later, at least we can ice a good enough roster to win some games while dats is out. If dats can play in three weeks we have a solid forward group to finish off the season and hopefully go into the playoffs with.

Sure on paper we probably overpaid. But hey, I'm sure management knows something that we don't. I'm thankful that they didn't give up on the season and didn't sell the farm to do so.

Its a bummer we didn't get a top four dman, but this defense got the job done in the home stretch last year and I have faith they can do it again with a little luck with the injured players.

We got a center who can contribute on both ends of the ice. It gets a fourth line center off of our top line. Its also a player who wants to be here, and has shown in the past he can be clutch when called upon. Here is to hoping a lot of crow is eaten by seasons end!

This. Legwand currently has the 2nd most points on the Wings, and I know the injuries doesn't help with that but he's a good player. Also 30 points in 47 Playoff games isn't too bad either.