gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

Next year?:

Z-Dats-Mule (just insane)

Nyquist-Legwand-Alfie (good scoring)

Jurco-Sheahan-Tatar (kids)

Abby-Weiss-Miller (deep 4th line)

Obviously this is an "if theyre all healthy" pipedream. But i think next year that group could win a cup.

I prefer....

Z-datsyuk- alfy/helm

Mule-Legwand-nyquist

Abby-Weiss-alfy/helm

Kid line

Could be insane depth, and has the ability to mix and mash all throughout the lineup

Thing is, where does Legwand slot into a healthy lineup? Datsyuk, Weiss, Helm, Sheahan, Andersson, Glendening...

Package Andersson and Weiss for a defenceman? But realistically Glendening and Andersson/Sheahan will probably end up in the AHL, which will re-ignite the Nyquist style debate all over again.

There's definitely half a pint of beer in the pint glass: wether it's half full or half empty is up to you.

I'm going with half full. A playoff season missed does not help Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Andy, Weiss , Jurco, and Smith gain valuable playoff experience. Legwand helps us get by until the Calvary returns, then once the playoffs begin, as we saw last year, all bets are off. If healthy, we've actually got a damn good lineup.

Somehow, with no top 20 picks since 1991, our prospects managed to win the Calder Cup and produce the Butterfield winner . Jarnkrok is no Pulkkinen, and it's not like we don't have guys in the pipeline ahead and behind him.

Again if mediocrity is okay with you, fine. For me I look at this team and ask two questions:

Can this team seriously compete for a Stanley Cup? If yes great. If not then I ask:

Has the team increased it's ability to compete for one in the future.

This trade doesn't make this team a serious cup contender, and it has hurt the team long term.

We picked up a solid C and didn't give up our top prospect in GR or Europe or the JR's nor did we give up a #1 this year or any of our picks next year when the raft is supposed to be a much deeper class from what I've read. Hate to see Jarnkrok go, but Nashville wasn't just going to hand us Legwand.

The concern I had with Jarnkrok was his size...four years after he's drafted and they're still telling him to get bigger and stronger. Haven't heard that he's anything but a hard worker, so you have to wonder if he has the frame to add the size and strength needed to excel in North America.

Again if mediocrity is okay with you, fine. For me I look at this team and ask two questions:

Can this team seriously compete for a Stanley Cup? If yes great. If not then I ask:

This trade doesn't make this team a serious cup contender, and it has hurt the team long term.

So much can happen in the future, no one knows. It's silly to try and think of what this organization will be in 5-7 years. You don't play for the Stanley Cup in the future, you play for it now.

If this team is 100% healthy, we have a great team. As someone posted the lineup earlier, that is some insane depth and talent. When we get injured next year (by when I mean when), we won't have to worry about Anderson playing 1st line anymore either.

Edited by darkmanx

I'll be happy if we get whoever that centre is in the KHL my dad was telling me about and he flourishes under Dats next year. I'm gonna wait to see what happens in the offseason as well.

I guess you`re reffering to Fyodor Malykhin from Ekaterinburg..plays C and is among the top 10 scorers in the KHL and there were some rumors about him wanting to play here, and also something about RW scouts checking him out lately..thing is, he has a contract for the next 2 years iirc, but his name was the first thing that came to my mind when I read that we lost our top C prospect..or hopefully, at least Janmark comes to GR after his season in the SEL is over and takes Calle`s spot next year, although I`m not sure if this is the plan

Edited by ahkmed

So much can happen in the future, no one knows. It's silly to try and think of what this organization will be in 5-7 years.

If this team is 100% healthy, we have a great team. As someone posted the lineup earlier, that is some insane depth and talent. When we get injured next year (by when I mean when), we won't have to worry about Anderson playing 1st line anymore either.

Insane bottom 6 depth, fragile top 6 depth. And a Top 4 defense that has Kyle MF Quinecy in it. This team still has all the exact same flaws it had earlier this season, except now it has less prospect depth.

If this were Ehrhoff you would have had a point, it's not, it's Legwand, who on a healthy Wings teams slots in as a bottom 6 center blocking Andersson, Helm and Sheahan.

There's definitely half a pint of beer in the pint glass: wether it's half full or half empty is up to you.

I'm going with half full. A playoff season missed does not help Tatar, Nyquist, Sheahan, Andy, Weiss , Jurco, and Smith gain valuable playoff experience. Legwand helps us get by until the Calvary returns, then once the playoffs begin, as we saw last year, all bets are off. If healthy, we've actually got a damn good lineup.

Somehow, with no top 20 picks since 1991, our prospects managed to win the Calder Cup and produce the Butterfield winner . Jarnkrok is no Pulkkinen, and it's not like we don't have guys in the pipeline ahead and behind him.

Someone who gets it. :)

Insane bottom 6 depth, fragile top 6 depth. And a Top 4 defense that has Kyle MF Quinecy in it. This team still has all the exact same flaws it had earlier this season, except now it has less prospect depth.

If this were Ehrhoff you would have had a point, it's not, it's Legwand, who on a healthy Wings teams slots in as a bottom 6 center blocking Andersson, Helm and Sheahan.

Except for the fact that Abby, Cleary and Bertuzzi played top 6 with a healthy team, but somehow Legwand cant. Interesting.

Trading a prospect who may or may not ever pan out to to be a top 6 forward does not hurt this team in the long run. Especially if word of him talking about going back overseas has any truth to it.

If Holland didn't make a trade, people here would complain. Holland made a trade for a DESPERATE need, people complain. It's more fun to just watch and root for the Wings than it is to complain about every little thing that does or does not happen.I'd hate to see how this board would react if they were Islanders fans.

Trading a prospect who may or may not ever pan out to to be a top 6 forward does not hurt this team in the long run. Especially if word of him talking about going back overseas has any truth to it.

If Holland didn't make a trade, people here would complain. Holland made a trade for a DESPERATE need, people complain. It's more fun to just watch and root for the Wings than it is to complain about every little thing that does or does not happen.I'd hate to see how this board would react if they were Islanders fans.

Desperate need for the next 3 weeks, and in 5 weeks he becomes the 3rd or 4th center on a team that has 7 centers.

And again, the team still has KYLE MF QUINCEY in it's top 4 defensemen. If a top defenseman wasn't a more pressing need than I dont know what is.

Edited by Shaman

We gotta hope now mattias janmark turns out to be a stud and Babcock slaps Kenny and stops him for trading him

hope so, but curious whether that`s in fact what happens..I mean, is he supposed to come over to GR after his season is the SEL ends, or what`s the plan?

Desperate need for the next 3 weeks, and in 5 weeks he becomes the 3rd or 4th center on a team that has 7 centers.

And again, the team still has KYLE MF QUIENCY in it's top 4 defensemen. If a top defenseman wasn't a more pressing need than I dont know what is.

Which is long enough to potentially save the season and get us into the playoffs. Everyone whining now would do the same thing if we made no moves and missed the playoffs. The sky is always falling no matter what happens.

KYLE MF QUINCEY has been playing solid hockey for a while now. I'm sorry he isn't putting up Lidstrom numbers for you to get himself noticed.

And again, the team still has KYLE MF QUIENCY in it's top 4 defensemen. If a top defenseman wasn't a more pressing need than I dont know what is.

Would be interested in what you think would land us Ehrhoff or Edler. Starting price would be with one of Nyquist or Tatar.

I swear I'd jarnkrok is involved for a 3rd line center rental I'm changing teams ... I'd be pissed if he was involved for kesler but at least he's locked in for 2 yrs this makes no f'n sense

Better be a hoax

Legwand isn't worth 4-5per ....max I'd offer is 3.75 for 2-3 yrs unless we ship off weiss he'd be our 3rd line center

You're still here almost 4 hours later?

Which is long enough to potentially save the season and get us into the playoffs. Everyone whining now would do the same thing if we made no moves and missed the playoffs. The sky is always falling no matter what happens.

KYLE MF QUINCEY has been playing solid hockey for a while now. I'm sorry he isn't putting up Lidstrom numbers for you to get himself noticed.

Kyle Quincey is playing sold hockey? I mean the rest of what you said gentleman's disagreement, but KMFQ has been a trainwreck all season. He makes boneheaded passes, he's always out of position, he doesn't score, he doesn't block shots. I mean he's closer to the next Lebda than the next Lidstrom.

And if you consider being first round fodder a saved season, you and I also deeply disagree on what a successful season is.

Would be interested in what you think would land us Ehrhoff or Edler. Starting price would be with one of Nyquist or Tatar.

And Quincey likely won't be here next season putting up a roadblock for the likes of Sproul and Ouellet, whom at least one of them can start on the Wings and then look for a signing or a trade should they require more seasoning, though I firmly believe next year Ouellet is a Wing.

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

It's funny how Eaves is barely in the discussion. It's like we all forgot about him and shrugged at the "totally mediocre" hockey player being sent away. I agree that Eaves was mediocre, but I wonder if Nashville liked the idea of Eaves equally as much as the idea of a prospect + pick. He does seem to fit Nashville's play style. And maybe Wings fans see Eaves as overtly middle-of-the-road because we have so many explosive young kids ready to bloom. He was a hard-worker with the potential to score 10-15 goals a season... not much less than Legwand. And he's a lot younger, too. Still, I'll bet we'll see that Legwand has a lot more skill than Eaves come Thursday night.

Edited by themcityblues