• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

Wings were in on Kessler. Vancouver didn't trade him. They needed to make a trade for a center or pack it in. Ownership mandates the Wings push for the playoffs, Holland made the move he had to make.

The Ownership is in Lakeland Florida right now.

Kyle Quincey is playing sold hockey? I mean the rest of what you said gentleman's disagreement, but KMFQ has been a trainwreck all season. He makes boneheaded passes, he's always out of position, he doesn't score, he doesn't block shots. I mean he's closer to the next Lebda than the next Lidstrom.

And if you consider being first round fodder a saved season, you and I also deeply disagree on what a successful season is.

So not making the playoffs is better than making it and having a fighting chance? I don't understand how people can call themselves a fan with this logic. But.... but... but higher draft pick!

I'm glad the management has more pride than some if its own fans. Legwand helps this team compete while everyone heals up. When we get bodies back, we'll be better with Legwand than without. Why not just see how things pan out before ripping on Holland for making the deal? We got a good player that wants to be here. Lets just see what he can do.

It's funny how Eaves is barely in the discussion. It's like we all forgot about him and shrugged at the "totally mediocre" hockey player being sent away. I agree that Eaves was mediocre, but I wonder if Nashville liked the idea of Eaves equally as much as the idea of a prospect + pick. He does seem to fit Nashville's play style. And maybe Wings fans see Eaves as overtly middle-of-the-road because we have so many explosive young kids ready to bloom. He was a hard-worker with the potential to score 10-15 goals a season... not much less than Legwand. And he's a lot younger, too. Still, I'll bet we'll see that Legwand has a lot more skill than Eaves come Thursday night.

I don't think Eaves is mediocre. He's a good bottom six player.

But the Wings have a very similar player in Miller and Eaves contract is up at the end of the season. It's just that it wasn't surprising of a move, and should allow him to play more in Nashville than he would have in Detroit.

In terms of what the Wings gave up though I do agree he's being somewhat overlooked. They gave up a decent roster player, a prospect, and potentially a 2nd rounder for what could be a 20 game rental.

It's funny how Eaves is barely in the discussion. It's like we all forgot about him and shrugged at the "totally mediocre" hockey player being sent away. I agree that Eaves was mediocre, but I wonder if Nashville liked the idea of Eaves equally as much as the idea of a prospect + pick. He does seem to fit Nashville's play style. And maybe Wings fans see Eaves as overtly middle-of-the-road because we have so many explosive young kids ready to bloom. He was a hard-worker with the potential to score 10-15 goals a season... not much less than Legwand. And he's a lot younger, too. Still, I'll bet we'll see that Legwand has a lot more skill than Eaves come Thursday night.

More of a roster clearing move than anything I'd say. I'm glad Eaves will get some ice time now. The guy deserves it.

So not making the playoffs is better than making it and having a fighting chance? I don't understand how people can call themselves a fan with this logic. But.... but... but higher draft pick!

I'm glad the management has more pride than some if its own fans. Legwand helps this team compete while everyone heals up. When we get bodies back, we'll be better with Legwand than without. Why not just see how things pan out before ripping on Holland for making the deal? We got a good player that wants to be here. Lets just see what he can do.

Being mediocre is not the sign of pride, its a sign of being too afraid to take necessary steps to fix problems.

Bottom line Holland either has to nut up and make a real trade that address the Wings need for a goal scoring winger and a top 4 (preferably a 2 or 3) that can run a powerplay. Know what they call a team that uses Ken Holland's bandage strategy? The Flames.

I don't think Eaves is mediocre. He's a good bottom six player.

But the Wings have a very similar player in Miller and Eaves contract is up at the end of the season. It's just that it wasn't surprising of a move, and should allow him to play more in Nashville than he would have in Detroit.

In terms of what the Wings gave up though I do agree he's being somewhat overlooked. They gave up a decent roster player, a prospect, and potentially a 2nd rounder for what could be a 20 game rental.

I think they know he's going to sign again in Detroit and so does Poile, which is why the price was so high.

I could be wrong, but just have that feeling.

Wings were in on Kessler. Vancouver didn't trade him. They needed to make a trade for a center or pack it in. Ownership mandates the Wings push for the playoffs, Holland made the move he had to make.

I like Legwand,he's a perfect fit here,but no way I like the price we've payed to get him.

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

Nyquist is holding a good pace with 2008 Mule for points and Tatar is a top young talent that keeps getting better and is at .5 points per game in his 1st NHL season getting sparing minutes. I wouldn't give up either of them at this point for anything less than a package deal to get a 1-2 Dman.

While I'm not really impressed with this trade - I dunno if I'd call it a fleecing...

I think we'll have to see how the respective players involved before we can form a lynching mob :lol:

LGW right now:

mob.gif

Not really sure you want a part of this.

hope so, but curious whether that`s in fact what happens..I mean, is he supposed to come over to GR after his season is the SEL ends, or what`s the plan?

No idea ... Seems like every European now just wants to stay home and not stay here , this jarnkrok crap ... Dick axelsson and Johan ryno .... Maybe they don't wanna spend 2-3yrs in the ahl .... I just thank god zetterberg was good enough to get on the team right away I doubt he'd have spent 2 yrs in the ahl if our team was stacked and had no space for him

Wonder what could of happened with axelsson and ryno if they were given just 5-10 games with the wings

You're still here almost 4 hours later?

You're still here almost 4 hours later?

Yes

I'm pissed off

Smart ass

No idea ... Seems like every European now just wants to stay home and not stay here , this jarnkrok crap ... **** axelsson and Johan ryno .... Maybe they don't wanna spend 2-3yrs in the ahl .... I just thank god zetterberg was good enough to get on the team right away I doubt he'd have spent 2 yrs in the ahl if our team was stacked and had no space for him

Wonder what could of happened with axelsson and ryno if they were given just 5-10 games with the wings

Yes

I'm pissed off

Smart ass

Where are Axelsson and Ryno these days? Maybe they'll join Avery on dancing with the stars?

Where are Axelsson and Ryno these days? Maybe they'll join Avery on dancing with the stars?

My point was they never got a chance to play here and they didn't wanna spend anytime in the ahl... Doesn't mean there awful players .... I know it's not the nhl but ryno's been having some good seasons

And Avery can play in the nhl , I thought he was an effective player .... Teams just didn't like his attitude

Lets see, one of two players who are on good contracts, are able to man a PP, and are pretty good defensively? I would have parted with one of Nyquist or Tatar and a B level prospect and a 2nd round pick easily.

Why? Because they are under team control, they are relatively young, and they fill a need that doesn't disappear the second week of April.

Thats all nice however what did Helene SJ say the Canucks wanted for Kesler: Young forwards (plural), prospect and a 1st rounder.

So if we ASSUME that the Canucks would at least want the same for Edler then you have to compare that trade to the Legwand trade.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say they would want both Nyquist and Tatar, the prospect being of better quality than Jarnkrok (I believe Mantha was mentioned) and that oh-so-delicious 1st round draft pick which no one wants to give up.

Seriously, is everyone just pissed about the Legwand deal because we got Legwand for Eaves, Jarnkrok and the 3rd/2nd instead of Kesler or Edler?

My point was they never got a chance to play here and they didn't wanna spend anytime in the ahl... Doesn't mean there awful players .... I know it's not the nhl but ryno's been having some good seasons

And Avery can play in the nhl , I thought he was an effective player .... Teams just didn't like his attitude

So we should start giving kids a spot in the lineup every time they get pissy and refuse playing in the AHL to develop their game? s*** I'm glad players with these attitudes get shown the door. We need team players, not big egos with me attitudes.

I can't really chime in with anything else that hasn't been said yet so far. The real winner today is Patrick Eaves getting a chance to be a regular somewhere. Good for him at least. As for Holland, it's sad that we can't boast that we have the best GM in the league anymore. The CBA has exposed him big time. In the NFL you can apparently trade picks for coaches...think we can send a 1st rounder and trade for a GM...like Stevie Y?

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

You're upset we traded Jarnkrok. Who is 3-4 years from maybe being an effective NHL player for a center we desperately needed. But you'd give up Nyquist/Tatar for Erhoff?

Thats all nice however what did Helene SJ say the Canucks wanted for Kesler: Young forwards (plural), prospect and a 1st rounder.

So if we ASSUME that the Canucks would at least want the same for Edler then you have to compare that trade to the Legwand trade.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say they would want both Nyquist and Tatar, the prospect being of better quality than Jarnkrok (I believe Mantha was mentioned) and that oh-so-delicious 1st round draft pick which no one wants to give up.

Seriously, is everyone just pissed about the Legwand deal because we got Legwand for Eaves, Jarnkrok and the 3rd/2nd instead of Kesler or Edler?

Holland is being hated on because he wasn't able to steal a player away from another team. It's all Holland's fault that there aren't enough GMs as bad as Garth Snow. Shame on him.

In the end, it is wayyyyyyyy too soon to know if this trade is good trade or not. The overreaction is nuts. If we make the playoffs because of Legwand's help, those all upset now shouldn't even be allowed to cheer for them once the regular season ends :lol: