• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

I remember a certain other fanbase stating things like "don't wory we have Iginla and Kipper" as long as we have those two we are going to be fine, we just need to draft their replacements well so far they haven't and look were they are.

Yeah I remember a few years ago when Calgary had kids like Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Dekeyser, Mrazek, Oullet and Sproul coming up.

Oh wait, I don't.

I don't like losing Jarnkrok but the future of the organization didn't hang on him. Janmark is comparable and Sheahan's already looking like a good #3 C at worst.

I used to think Holland planned like 10 years in the future but today proved that isn't really the case. I - just like you - just want to see the team hoist cups for many years to come. Lets hope you are right on this one!

I think the Holland bubble has burst he is no longer one of the best GM's in the NHL, the cap has taken a lot of steam out of his sails. I think it's time to create a new position, promote him, and get some fresh blood into the organization by hiring a new GM.

I think the Holland bubble has burst he is no longer one of the best GM's in the NHL, the cap has taken a lot of steam out of his sails. I think it's time to create a new position, promote him, and get some fresh blood into the organization by hiring a new GM.

Yeah I mean move up and become vice president of hockey operations, let the Captain, Lombardi, Shero or Chiarelli take over for him.

Yeah I mean move up and become vice president of hockey operations, let the Captain, Lombardi, Shero or Chiarelli take over for him.

This would be the perfect time to do that. We have good assets and a bright future if managed correctly. The problem is that Holland will get the same treatment Cleary has gotten - he will stick around like a bad smell making this team marginally worse by being involved until god knows when. The "loyal to a fault" thing runs throughout the entire organization and Holland will leave on his own terms rather than a disgruntled owner firing him.

I WAS a jarnkrok fan. But looking at his evaluations and where he's at in his career I think this might end up being a very good looking deal in a few years. He's farrrrrr behind being the "next zberg". Jarnkrok was definitely hyped... perhaps over-hyped... If Holland cashed in on an over-hyped prospect on a hot streak, that's a good thing. We really won't know a thing about this trade until Jarnkrok hits NHL ice whenever they may be. Very real possibility that it may never happen. Look at Erat for Forsberg. HIGHLY touted Forsberg has done NOTHING in the NHL thus far. And Jarnkrok has many more flaws than him at the moment.

Filip forsberg is 19 lol give him a few more years at least? Plus Nashville isn't stacked with loads of offensive talent .... I was checking jarnkrok and zetterberg past stats I know it doesn't mean much but zetterberg started in the swedish elite league at 20 and jarnkrok at 18

Zetterberg started In the nhl at 22 .... Jarnkrok is 22 now ..... So is the weight gain the only thing that stopped jarnkrok from being In a wings lineup ?

I remember before Babs signed his last contract he was concerned that by staying too long in one place his message might become stale. Could this be the problem with Holland?

If it was just one move, it wouldn't be a big deal but we've seen a series of activity and maybe even worse inactivity that has led me to be concerned.

We got nobody to replace Rafalski, nobody to replace Lidstrom(not the player, since he is irreplaceable, but the production), Pav and Z are getting up there in age and no replacements are coming. Nyquist spent the first half of the season in the AHL, and we are lucky to have Tatar on the team, because for it not for his whining Holland wouldn't have given him a chance.

It's not all doom an gloom, we still have a good team and the future looks fairly bright, but I just think Holland is no longer that shiny penny. Take the promotion and let someone else be the GM.

Filip forsberg is 19 lol give him a few more years at least? Plus Nashville isn't stacked with loads of offensive talent .... I was checking jarnkrok and zetterberg past stats I know it doesn't mean much but zetterberg started in the swedish elite league at 20 and jarnkrok at 18

Zetterberg started In the nhl at 22 .... Jarnkrok is 22 now ..... So is the weight gain the only thing that stopped jarnkrok from being In a wings lineup ?

I mean yeah. Personally I'm a skinny nerdy *****. I've struggled to put weight on my entire life, especially when I was in sports. Who knows if Jarny is the same way. (PS I was eating over 7,000 calories a day and couldn't add weight, some ppl are just like that)

Edited by number9

I hope y'all can get to like david legwand as much as the preds fans have for 15 seasons,Treat him well,after all he was our first ever predator player.

Will be cheering for him as a red wing

Please take him back... please? Please?

I mean yeah. Personally I'm a skinny nerdy *****. I've struggled to put weight on my entire life, especially when I was in sports. Who knows if Jarny is the same way. (PS I was eating over 7,000 calories a day and couldn't add weight, some ppl are just like that)

True my best friend would eat a ton of crap when We were younger and he'd never put on any weight .... That being said I still think he could of produced in detroit and if he was surrounded by zetterberg and other swedes they could of helped him with workouts nutrition etc....

Jarnkrok just tweeted hes super excited to be with Nashville .... Doesn't like he's going to Sweden to me ... Holland just panicked and overplayed for legwand

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I love Legwand, I'm just concerned about the moves Holland continues to make.

Same here nothing against Legwand. This has to do with Holland and his mistakes adding up extremely quicky and for sure the uncertainty of our future past Z and Pasha.

as for putting on weight well I know exactly what you are talking about I had to work my butt off in the gym and just couldn't put on weight ( = adding muscles) without taking some very good Whey gainers, creatin and other stuff. I'm also a bit taller so putting on weight takes even more time but these are professional athletes they have access to stuff we'll never get so I think putting on weight should be easier for them.

Edited by frankgrimes

I hope y'all can get to like david legwand as much as the preds fans have for 15 seasons,Treat him well,after all he was our first ever predator player.

Will be cheering for him as a red wing

I'm sure most will eventually appreciate having him. You've always been a very polite and down to earth hockey fan on an enemy forum and I appreciate that. I apologize for my fellow wings fan who don't feel the same as I. If Jarnkrok turns out like we in Detroit originally predicted then good for you (and I'll be sadddddd), otherwise thanks for Legwand, We'll treat him good!

True my best friend would eat a ton of crap when We were younger and he'd never put on any weight .... That being said I still think he could of produced in detroit and if he was surrounded by zetterberg and other swedes they could of helped him with workouts nutrition etc....

Jarnkrok just tweeted hes super excited to be with Nashville .... Doesn't like he's going to Sweden to me ... Holland just panicked and overplayed for legwand

If he's the kind of guy that wants to go straight to the NHL then I'm sure he's happy to be in NSH. Detroit only wants players that are happy to be a part of a stellar team, not a fast-paced career.

Well if he becomes a star which I hope he does then it'll haunt the organization for along time .... Habs tied 3-3 with 2 minutes and just hit the post day just keeps getting worse I'm starting to think its gonna take a miracle to get in

FWIW, the Wings aren't among the top 5 losers in this year's deadline trades according to the Hockey News.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/five-winners-and-five-losers-of-the-2014-nhl-trade-deadline/

They do mention the redwings payed a pretty penny for checker legwand

Without reading through 39 pages, what does this mean for the salary cap?

If both Weiss and Zetterberg eventually come back the Wings are waaay over the cap. Does this trade mean the Wings are basically admitting Z won't be back at all this season no matter what?

Wonder what could of happened with axelsson and ryno if they were given just 5-10 games with the wings

Well of course the Wings would have won more Cups had they just given Axelsson and Ryno a chance!! Are you kidding me? These guys were never going to be good enough to be in the NHL let alone good enough to even merit a look with the Wings back then. Neither have gotten offers from any other NHL club since leaving so every other team must have seen the same the Wings did. Hell last time I checked Ryno couldnt even cut it in the Swedish elite league and has been hanging out in the Swedish 2nd tier since leaving NA.

After the last two games losing Datsyuk and now Helm to a possible concussion, our Center core is thinner then dental floss. Holland absolutely HAD to do something with these latest 2 injuries coming in the last 2 games. We simply could not get by with Andersson as the #1 center. Holland's hand was forced to shore up the center position.

I agree other things could have been done with defense and what not, but to shore up a Center and another D man at the trade dead line, how much more future did we want to trade more then we already did for Legwand? A solid D would have cost some future prospects and this thread would be 5 times as long deriding Holland for giving up too much future.

Besides, the picking are slim for UFA defensemen at the end of this season that could leave their teams, forcing that team's GM to trade them for something:

http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents/?year_id=2014&team_id=-1&position_id=D&fa_type_id=2

p.s. don't get me wrong, Holland did a dismal job shoring up defense after Rafalski, Lids and Stuart were departing.

Without reading through 39 pages, what does this mean for the salary cap?

If both Weiss and Zetterberg eventually come back the Wings are waaay over the cap. Does this trade mean the Wings are basically admitting Z won't be back at all this season no matter what?

I may be wrong, but I thought cap doesn't count once you're in the playoffs, and Z is not coming back before the first round. They said his back surgery recovery time is 8 weeks, so that's the rest of the season. Weiss just had another setback, Allah only knows what's going on with his gizzards. With Dats being shut down for 3 weeks, and they told him total shutdown, "don't even get out of bed", we'll revisit if you need surgery.

That's a lot of LTIR cap space to work with.

So next year....Z and Dats play together.

Weiss and Legwand are 2 and 3 or 3 and 2.

Helm is always injured.

Best man for the job steps up and wins the #4 spot.

Not sure what the problem is.

The issue I do have is Holland failing to step up and get Ryan Ellis involved in the deal. Under valued and poorly utilized by Trotz. All the skill in the world. Right handed shot. Best plus/minus on the team. Limited ice time. Playing behind Weber,Jones,Del Zotto and Josi.

I find it hard to believe a competent and determined GM couldn't pry this kid out of Nashville. He will have a better career than Rafalski if ever given the chance.