• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gcom007

Legwand to Detroit for Eaves, Jarnkrok + cond 3rd/2nd

Rate this topic

I like this trade. Jarnkrok may develop in to a great player, but before the deadline I wanted make sure that come March 6th we still had Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Sproul, Oullet, Mrazek, Mantha, Pullkinnen... I prefer these guys so it's not like we sold the family china. Eaves wasn't back in the summer, so effectively a pick and a prospect for a proven centre isn't a high price.

My best guess is that the Wings realized Jarny was never gonna be big enough for the NHL

Then Pulkkinen will surely never play...

Well of course the Wings would have won more Cups had they just given Axelsson and Ryno a chance!! Are you kidding me? These guys were never going to be good enough to be in the NHL let alone good enough to even merit a look with the Wings back then. Neither have gotten offers from any other NHL club since leaving so every other team must have seen the same the Wings did. Hell last time I checked Ryno couldnt even cut it in the Swedish elite league and has been hanging out in the Swedish 2nd tier since leaving NA.

Right...Axelsson sounded like a typical primadonna, lazy kid. Those guys jusy dont work out here.

From Globe & Mail:

David Poile remembers only too well not getting anything out of Ryan Suter in 2012 when the Nashville general manager couldn’t sign the defenceman to a new contract.

He didn’t let it happen again.

“I certainly didn’t like the fact going back a few years the Ryan Suter situation when we didn’t get anything for an unrestricted free agent,” Poile said. “I think we need to try to manage our assets as best possible and the fact that David was going to be unrestricted and we have no guarantee we’ll be able to sign him after the season, (trading) made a lot of sense for the organization and for the future.”

David Poile: Improving(?) his Wikipedia page, one line at a time.

Legwand is in fact from the burbs, went to Grosse Pointe North, my old high school (not bragging, just saying)

Makes you wonder if this is the fulfillment of a dream, or does being an NHL veteran lower the excitement of getting traded to the team he probably idolized as a child.

Since we all know that he can't wear 11 or 71 what number will Legwand wore in Detroit? Day should be his home opener. Hoping the Wings win every game from here on out so we can make the playoffs.

He is wearing #17 per Khan

edit: remove that stupid Tapatalk sig

Edited by sputman

I like this trade. Jarnkrok may develop in to a great player, but before the deadline I wanted make sure that come March 6th we still had Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, Sproul, Oullet, Mrazek, Mantha, Pullkinnen... I prefer these guys so it's not like we sold the family china. Eaves wasn't back in the summer, so effectively a pick and a prospect for a proven centre isn't a high price.

I do not like this trade. It smacks of complete desperation. For what - a chance of getting into the playoffs, as slim as that may seem. Jarnkrok was still the best chance of a better than average centre for years to come. Dats and Z's years are numbered. Z may not even return and if he does, will he be the same? All things considered, dumb trade.

The more I think of this deal, the more I like it. I wrote somewhere that we likely won't resign Legwand. But I didn't take into consideration that we will most likley loose at least 2 Wingers with Bert and Cleary this summer. And it's not to absurd to think of Legwand as a legit Top 6 -Winger. For that and our immediate need for a center the deal is ok. Nothing to write home about but not awful either.

Not even close. Best center prospect, yeah. Others are better overall.

Oh well if it's just out best "center" prospect then oh well haha...In all seriousness though what are we going to do now? ***** about firing Holland and burn our favorite Wings s***?

Ain't noone got time for that. WE HAVE THE PLAYOFFS TO MAKE and here's to David Legwand helping us as much as he can. Welcome to Detroit LGW

http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey/nhl/jag-vet-inte-varifran-uppgifterna-kommer/

"I do not know the source of the data"

LOS ANGELES. Detroit saw Calle Järnkrok as a coming man. But yesterday changed its NHL club away, 22-year old Swedish talent to Nashville to get veteran center David Legwand, 33.

TV sports channel TSN stated that one of the reasons the Red Wings dropped Järnkrok was that he said he is considering moving back to Sweden after this season.

Something Calle denies.

- I have not said. I do not know where the data is coming, but that's not true, he says to SportExpressen.se.

Prior to the NHL's trading deadline on Wednesday took a series of big plays stores room.

One of the most notable was Detroit's swap deal with Nashville, where they gave up Patrick Eaves, Calle Järnkrok and a third round in this year's draft to get Legwand.

The idea is that the veteran center to help the Red Wings the rest of the season, when you have cents ministers Henrik Zetterberg, Pavel Datsjuk and Darren Helm injured.

Järnkrok makes his second season in Farm Team Grand Rapid Griffins in the AHL and says he was immediately shocked to have to change clubs.

- Yes, you could say that I was. This was not something I had anticipated, but although it is sad to leave all my friends here in Grand Rapids so it feels good to get a new start in Nashville's organization.

Today, Thursday, he will travel to Milwaukee, where the Predators have their farm team.

- The idea is that I'll play with Milwaukee on Friday.

Has Nashville's management said anything more detailed about what plans they have for you?

- No, they have called and greeted me welcome to the club and I'll start in Milwaukee. Then we'll take it from there.

"I have not said"

How has the season in the AHL been for you?

- It was a little sluggish at first, but it has gotten better and better. I've learned the game on smaller rink now and look isytorna better.

What about the information that you are on your way home to Sweden and Brynäsgatan after this season?

- I have not said. I do not know where the data comes. I have a year left on my NHL contract, so it's not true.

Now you get to play with Filip Forsberg, he knows you well?

- Yes, and Milwaukee is also Patrick Cehlin and Magnus Hellberg. And in Nashville, I feel the Mattias Ekholm, so it feels safe.

Järnkrok have 57 games in the AHL this season, made 36 points, 13 goals and 23 assists.

Nobody will ever know if the rumors are true or not. The Wings aren't going to say bad things about him, and Jarnkrok isn't going to admit it because it would make him look bad. Hell, it might have come from his agent, not Jarnkrok. Agents have done things without their client's knowledge or permission before, so who knows.

Nothing is sure about him he's a prospect? With that logic why stop there? We should of traded mantha and mrazek and pulkkinen for ehroff there just prospects who might never do anything

And those saying janrkrok might not ever make it cause he's not big enough .... Tyler ennis made it and he's like 5'7 170 ish .... Gionta , camalleri

I just think throwing away your top rated prospect center for a 33 yr old ufa (don't care that he's gonna resign here) is way too much to pay regardless of whether janrkrok makes it or not ... We needed help on d then we should of just traded pulkkinen for meszaros(being sarcastic )

Edited by haroldsnepsts
to removed deleted post that was quoted

Nothing is sure about him he's a prospect? With that logic why stop there? We should of traded mantha and mrazek and pulkkinen for ehroff there just prospects who might never do anything

And those saying janrkrok might not ever make it cause he's not big enough .... Tyler ennis made it and he's like 5'7 170 ish .... Gionta , camalleri

I just think throwing away your top rated prospect center for a 33 yr old ufa (don't care that he's gonna resign here) is way too much to pay regardless of whether janrkrok makes it or not ... We needed help on d then we should of just traded pulkkinen for meszaros(being sarcastic )

Why is it so hard for you (and others) to understand that the trades on D were just not there?

Just because we all wanted a trade on D, doesn't mean that the deals were there.

I saw a tweet yesterday that said the asking price from VAN on Edler was: Nyquist, high-end prospect, and a 1st.

(How would you have felt about that trade nitf?)

Later in the day there was a tweet that in reality, NONE of the VAN D were on the market.

Not Edler, Not Bieksa. Not Garrison, Not Hamhuis. None of them.

Sarcasm or not... if Holland wanted Meszaros all he would have had to do was offer an additional pick or a 2nd rounder.

No need to move any prospect for him.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... NONE of the players moved yesterday are an upgrade over the players that we have or prospects we can call up from Grand Rapids. NOT A SINGLE ONE.

Let's try this again.

Legwand is not a scrub, nor is he necessarily just a rental.

Jarnkrok hasn't proven anything and lots of prospects who are "for sure going to be great" never make it. "Can't miss" prospects miss all the time. Jarnkrok wasn't even a can't miss prospect.

They didn't trade Datsyuk or Zetterberg. They traded a prospect. Breathe.

How many good prospects that Holland has traded have done anything? Fleishchmann. If holland was willing to trade Jarnkrok for Legwand, he had a good reason.

What makes more sense, there was some truth to the Brynas rumors, or Holland traded a guy he thought would make it in the NHL in a panic move?

dont%20panic.jpg

I'll weigh in on this...

I like this trade. Legwand isn't a rental, he'll sign with his hometown team. David's got 4 good years left.

Jarnkrok was drafted in 2010, is 23 in September, and hasn't even played a game in the NHL yet! He's still only in his first season in the AHL. He'll probably need another season in Grand Rapids before he's ready, making him 24 before he plays in the NHL. Then he'll need 80 games to see if he can play in the NHL or not, making him 25. In that time, Legwand can score 150 pts for us.

It took Datsyuk and Zetterberg just 3 years to make the Red Wings after being drafted, Jarnkork is on year 4. Either Jarnkrok isn't good enough to make the Wings, or there's too many guy in front of him. Out of all the young guys in our organization, he's the one to go.

If he was can't miss, he'd already be on the team.

Edited by Barrie

I'll weigh in on this...

I like this trade. Legwand isn't a rental, he'll sign with his hometown team. David's got 4 good years left.

Jarnkrok was drafted in 2010, is 23 in September, and hasn't even played a game in the NHL yet! He's still only in his first season in the AHL. He'll probably need another season in Grand Rapids before he's ready, making him 24 before he plays in the NHL. Then he'll need 80 games to see if he can play in the NHL or not, making him 25. In that time, Legwand can score 150 pts for us.

It took Datsyuk and Zetterberg just 3 years to make the Red Wings after being drafted, Jarnkork is on year 4. Either Jarnkrok isn't good enough to make the Wings, or there's too many guy in front of him. Out of all the young guys in our organization, he's the one to go.

That's only because of our ridiculous strategy of overripping players. It's normal for us to keep guys in the farm despite being the better choice to guys on our current NHL roster.

Look at what happened this season. We started Sammy and Cleary over Nyquist and Tatar. In what freaking universe is that a logical decision?

Jarnkrok will make the Preds roster next season simply because he will be given a chance to do so, and all what we're feeling now will just be worse when we see Jarnkrok in the big league doing great.

I'll weigh in on this...

Thank you! Hudler produced better than Jarnkrok at 18 years old in the AHL. Did Hudler ever make it to top prospect? Did he make it to franchise player?

Losing Jarnkrok sucks, but he isn't the next Zetterberg. Zetterberg didn't touch the AHL. Jarnkrok's projections was 2nd line at best.

That's only because of our ridiculous strategy of overripping players. It's normal for us to keep guys in the farm despite being the better choice to guys on our current NHL roster.

Look at what happened this season. We started Sammy and Cleary over Nyquist and Tatar. In what freaking universe is that a logical decision?

Jarnkrok will make the Preds roster next season simply because he will be given a chance to do so, and all what we're feeling now will just be worse when we see Jarnkrok in the big league doing great.

Jarnkrok MIGHT make the Predators next season because they're a team in the bottom half of a stacked conference right now in a rebuild mode.

He wouldn't help the Wings for at least the next 2 years, while Legwand will help now and assist us in getting to the post-season, where as we saw last year, anything can happen.

I strongly believe that Legwand may re-sign, (purely based on knowing that he's a hometown guy) which further makes this a better deal. That would bolster our depth down the middle and allow us to play Pav and Hank together, which as we all know, makes for a killer top line (either with Nyqvist or Franzen on the wing).

And if you think our strategy is so ridiculous, then how come we keep making the playoffs in a salary cap world where drafting and developing is everything and not doing so will leave you in a massive hole (see Toronto).

Everyone here is so quick to complain that KH is trying to ruin this team's future, when actual fact is, everyone forgets what has gone before. 22 straight years. I can't even contemplate how they feel in TO, Calgary or Edmonton.

Datsyuk going down for 3 weeks necessitated this move. And IMO its a good one. I for one am looking forward to seeing what Legwand can do to help our team down the stretch.

For all Jarnkrok could have been, that is exactly that. Could. He's in a different conference, and most likely won't be having the kind of impact that most of us could imagine for a couple of years from now. In which time we may get lucky enough to keep playing playoff hockey for the next few years improving our team, while the Predators are playing golf. Seems like a good deal to me.

Edited by wings4thecup06

I do not like this trade. It smacks of complete desperation. For what - a chance of getting into the playoffs, as slim as that may seem. Jarnkrok was still the best chance of a better than average centre for years to come. Dats and Z's years are numbered. Z may not even return and if he does, will he be the same? All things considered, dumb trade.

I hated this trade until I found out the story with Jarnkrok maybe heading back to Europe to play. I'd rather get another 2nd line C than lose Jarnkrok for nothing. I'm actually warming up to it a bit now. Also, I'm gonna throw my feet up and wait to see who comes to the Wings from Europe and what goes on this summer.

I will also take a wait and see approach with this move...

The fact that Pav, Z, Weiss, now Helm are out means we need a veteran center badly. We had no leverage at the trade deadline.

I really like Eaves, but his time here is over. Jurco and Sheahan have played their way onto the team.

Calle has been one of our most highly rated prospects for some time, but here are 3 things to consider: 1. he might go back to Europe (most people have mentioned this) 2. He is yearS away from making the Wings roster. Sheahan is better than him, so is Andersson (who might have to play wing or on the bench next year)... we have a ton of centers (when healthy) 3. He is tiny (5'11" (maybe) and 165 lbs)... how would that ever help us?

The part of the trade that I dislike the most is the conditional pick that turns into a 2nd if we make the playoffs... It should have been a solid 3rd, that's it.

Now if we do end up re-signing Legwand (not sure how likely that is) what do we do with our lines next year? We will have too many centers.

Assuming Alfie comes back...

Z-Pav-Alfie

Nyquist-Helm-Mule

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Weiss-Legwand-Abby

Andersson-Miller

???????????????????

somebody else needs to go. We should seriously consider buying out Weiss and cutting our losses. We still have that compliance buyout.

I will also take a wait and see approach with this move...

The fact that Pav, Z, Weiss, now Helm are out means we need a veteran center badly. We had no leverage at the trade deadline.

I really like Eaves, but his time here is over. Jurco and Sheahan have played their way onto the team.

Calle has been one of our most highly rated prospects for some time, but here are 3 things to consider: 1. he might go back to Europe (most people have mentioned this) 2. He is yearS away from making the Wings roster. Sheahan is better than him, so is Andersson (who might have to play wing or on the bench next year)... we have a ton of centers (when healthy) 3. He is tiny (5'11" (maybe) and 165 lbs)... how would that ever help us?

The part of the trade that I dislike the most is the conditional pick that turns into a 2nd if we make the playoffs... It should have been a solid 3rd, that's it.

Now if we do end up re-signing Legwand (not sure how likely that is) what do we do with our lines next year? We will have too many centers.

Assuming Alfie comes back...

Z-Pav-Alfie

Nyquist-Helm-Mule

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Weiss-Legwand-Abby

Andersson-Miller

???????????????????

somebody else needs to go. We should seriously consider buying out Weiss and cutting our losses. We still have that compliance buyout.

No smart GM is going to count on Helm to be healthy and be an effective 2nd line center for a whole year. I wouldn't be surprised if Holland buys him out. Then this place will really explode.